Most Annoying/Least Favorite monster roar

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
The Royal SCP
Yojimbo

Re: Most Annoying/Least Favorite monster roar

Post by The Royal SCP »

Gabera! That roar was awful! It sounds like a distorted insane person laughing or failing car trying to start!
Titanosaurus! It's not as bad as Garbera, but it's still bad! It sounds like an elephant!
Minilla! I think they could had done better! It sounds like a mix between a donkey and a sick person gasping for air!
Last edited by The Royal SCP on Tue May 23, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The TRUE Royal SCP

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

The Royal SCP wrote:Gabera! That roar was awful! It sounds like a distorted insane person laughing!
Titanosaurus! It's not as bad as Garbera, but it's still bad! It sounds like an elephant!
Minilla! I think they could had done better! It sounds like a mix between a donkey and a sick person gasping for air!
Gabara's roar reminds me of that one kid who is so annoying he says your name over and over again.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

The Royal SCP
Yojimbo

Post by The Royal SCP »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:
The Royal SCP wrote:Gabera! That roar was awful! It sounds like a distorted insane person laughing!
Gabara's roar reminds me of that one kid who is so annoying he says your name over and over again.
That's so true! XD
The TRUE Royal SCP

Goji_Boy
Ronin

Post by Goji_Boy »

I'm in the the camp of Titanosaurus having the most annoying roar ever. But for how much I love the movie, and it being one of my favorites, I also think the original Mechagodzilla has a pretty crummy roar making it a close second for me. It's literally just screeching.

Oh, and also Battra. Love the monster, but his roar sounds JUST like Rodan's which I find pretty darn annoying.
Goji Boy uploads a movie review twice a month!

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Titanosaurus sounds like an elephant gargling on mouthwash. XD
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Jiragozira14
Interpol Agent

Post by Jiragozira14 »

To be fair to poor ol' Titano, he got saddled with a retooled version of Brocken's roar.

Honestly, I find Gabara's roar just dumb. I get why it is the way it is, but it's still the worst roar in the Showa series. Minya gets a close second.
Chris55 wrote:
JVM wrote:Bagan should come back, but not in a movie.
Then how? Game? Books? His own line of condoms?
Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well.
Mr. X wrote:If you say so. If he does end up being under $140, I'll buy one for every person in this thread.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Heisei King Ghidorah's, it's just Rodan's.

Heisei Mechagodzilla's, it's just Godzilla's, but high-pitched. And why would it even need to roar? I like the movie, but that's just weird.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Cybermat47 wrote:Heisei King Ghidorah's, it's just Rodan's.

Heisei Mechagodzilla's, it's just Godzilla's, but high-pitched. And why would it even need to roar? I like the movie, but that's just weird.
I mean, by that logic, why does he need to be shaped like godzilla?

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:

That's a good point.

Marketability, I guess?

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:

"Because it's cool and because we could."
- G-Force, 1993
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:

"Because it's cool and because we could."
- G-Force, 1993
"Now, I know I promised to fund research into a cure for cancer, and to donate money to famine relief in Zimbabwe, but then I had an idea - what if we made a robot that looked like Godzilla, and it had laser beams?"
- The Prime Minister of Japan, 1993.