Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Godzilla vs the Wolfman

Post by junkerde »

yeah toho are total ass-hats when it comes to fanmade stuff, uploading content, like quick 30 second stuff form movies, etc, they are anal about it, you can even tell when they are on the US distributor's asses on special features, etc (media blasters, echobridge). I doubt they'll allow this to happen, knowing toho.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

monster zero wrote:I'd hope he will finish the film because it would be useless putting a five minute movie on DVD.
What "five minute movie"? There's over 10 hours of footage dude. He simply has to edit it into something cohesive.
20th Century Boy wrote: Maybe in Japan, but not here.
You seriously quoted me just to say that, out of all things? It's impossible for anyone to know such a thing. Even if that were true, so what? It's not like importing isn't an option, and either way, something like that would get subbed (by the online community) practically overnight.
Legion1979 wrote: But would Toho WANT to allow a fan-made Godzilla film to get an official release on DVD?
My guess is probably not, and I honestly don't expect it to ever happen..but it would sure be nice. Clearly the fans are interested, but this (obviously) means nothing to the Toho brass. It's a fan-made film that uses *their* character, and it has suddenly generated interest in an entirely different county, decades later.

I try not to be too pessimistic..but yeah, I just don't see it happening. Either way, I'm happy I was there to experience the footage that he did show, first hand. It's just a shame that if you weren't there, or missed it, you have no way of seeing it without the proper channels.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

best one you will get from cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XDDa1J-yuc

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

gigan72 wrote: That's the shittiest one you will get. not even complete.
Actually, the link he posted is not only better quality, but is also from *this* year's G-Fest.
This was from last year, when much less footage was shown.

I was fortunate enough to be in the front row both years, so I'm 100% sure of this.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Being picky about character righs or not, if a fan film like this on dvd can make a decent profit, they will consider doing it.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Legion1979 wrote:
TyrantGojira wrote:Being picky about character righs or not, if a fan film like this on dvd can make a decent profit, they will consider doing it.
Then you know absolutely nothing about Toho.
and I'm sure you have the inside scoop of how things work there and know all its workings to the smallest detail ;)

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

Guys, it's not really that much of a stretch to realize that Toho isn't going to release a fan-film. The over-optimism on these forums can get absolutely ridiculous.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Mr. Xeno wrote:Guys, it's not really that much of a stretch to realize that Toho isn't going to release a fan-film. The over-optimism on these forums can get absolutely ridiculous.
Actually at G-fest the director said he was in negotiations with Toho about a possible blu-eay and.or dvd review

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Use some CGI to sharpen it up, & voila! I'd buy it! Big G never battled enough 'Furries' anyway. And the Wolfman suit looked pretty good, the Godzilla suit, not so much - but that's where the CGI clean-up comes in!

And tweak the title a bit. "Godzilla vs The Giant Wolfman" Oh, yeah. :D

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Godzillian wrote:
Mr. Xeno wrote:Guys, it's not really that much of a stretch to realize that Toho isn't going to release a fan-film. The over-optimism on these forums can get absolutely ridiculous.
Actually at G-fest the director said he was in negotiations with Toho about a possible blu-eay and.or dvd review
And we all know how slow negotiations with Toho are.

Can't say I see it getting a legit video release, but maybe they will at least let it be uploaded to the internet.

Rockzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Rockzilla »

I don't think Batman Dead End ever had a legit dvd release,but it's all over the internet anyways. Although Godzilla vs The Wolfman could be made in to a full 2 hour movie, so I don't know if it would be put on the internet in the same way. I really hope it gets finished and is licensed by Toho. In a perfect world it would also get an old school sounding dub that is reminiscent to glen glen sound.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Manda2012 wrote:Use some CGI to sharpen it up,
Um, no. This is where you immediately lost me.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Goji wrote:
gigan72 wrote: That's the shittiest one you will get. not even complete.
Actually, the link he posted is not only better quality, but is also from *this* year's G-Fest.
This was from last year, when much less footage was shown.

I was fortunate enough to be in the front row both years, so I'm 100% sure of this.
Thanks for believing in me Goji, I knew gigan72 was wrong. Good job.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Actually that IS a pretty shitty copy. And filming it off of ANOTHER screen? :roll:

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Manda2012 wrote:^ Actually that IS a pretty shitty copy. And filming it off of ANOTHER screen? :roll:
it is shitty. plus, no one has the original source footage except the guys who showed it, and they sure as hell wont post it online.
gigan72 wrote: Can you point out where the new footage is in your video?
Oh no I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about how the video you linked was more shitty than mine. Point is, there is no good source, they're all shitty as skreeonk.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

While this fan made film has two chances of being released on BR/DVD (slim and none), I think this Legendary Beast Wolfman character would kick Bagan's ass any day of the week :P :huge: :g2k:

OMG, do you think they'll make a SH Monster Arts Legendary Beast Wolfman figure?????!!! :shock:
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:While this fan made film has two chances of being released on BR/DVD (slim and none), I think this Legendary Beast Wolfman character would kick Bagan's ass any day of the week :P :huge: :g2k:

OMG, do you think they'll make a SH Monster Arts Legendary Beast Wolfman figure?????!!! :shock:
What does Bagan have to do with anything?

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Godzillian wrote:
ebirahsmeg1 wrote:While this fan made film has two chances of being released on BR/DVD (slim and none), I think this Legendary Beast Wolfman character would kick Bagan's ass any day of the week :P :huge: :g2k:

What does Bagan have to do with anything?
I don't know. Bagan is a lost cause, that's for sure.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I'd buy a Legendary Beast Wolfman SHMA figure, based on this footage. NOT the Goji tho' - ugh. Plenty of OTHER Gojis, already made, or GOING to be made, to pose with the Giant Wolfman!

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

gigan72 wrote:
Legion1979 wrote:
Manda2012 wrote:I'd buy a Legendary Beast Wolfman SHMA figure, based on this footage. NOT the Goji tho' - ugh.
...It's basically a re-creation of the 1962 Godzilla.
I have also heard some people say that its the ugliest suit they've ever seen and doesn't retain the spirit of Godzilla, but that was in one the comments of one of those You-tube videos of the G-fest footage. It was since taken down.
That's basically the opposite of what every person I've read about who was there and saw the footage said...