Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Black Lion
Monsterland Worker

Re: Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

Post by Black Lion »

Godzilla1703 wrote:If it hasn't been posted yet. Actual footage of this exists but its in very poor quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HET13awG4k
I see a lot of choreography taken straight from KKvG, as well as the suit design. Are there two wolfmen? One seems to be terrorizing a poor girl at human size while Godzilla is fighting a white one at the same time
Gamera: Guardian of Earth and Friend of All Children*

*except those who are currently out of his immediate field of vision. Sorry.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Wasn't this film supposed to be in the place of King Kong vs. Godzilla but Toho couldn't acquire the rights or something?
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla1703
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla1703 »

Missingno. wrote:Wasn't this film supposed to be in the place of King Kong vs. Godzilla but Toho couldn't acquire the rights or something?
Pretty sure it was just a fan film by some film makers in the 80's.
Shadow Arena History: Wins: 37(I'm heading for 50 :D) Losses: 26
Chris55 wrote:
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:^

Wont see that shit in Godzilla.
We did. A whole movie was based around it. It was called "GINO".

:)

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Missingno. wrote:Wasn't this film supposed to be in the place of King Kong vs. Godzilla but Toho couldn't acquire the rights or something?
not at all, mate. i think two staffers put it together in their spare time.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Hey guys, take a look at this cool new Kickstarter documentary: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/25 ... iju-gaiden

The preview alone has new footage from Godzilla vs. The Wolfman.

imperious reptilius
Monarch Researcher

Post by imperious reptilius »

What I wouldn't give to see this become real.

I wish Toho wasn't so anal about their properties these days, on the other maybe it's for the best.
"You don’t like your job, you don’t strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That’s the American way."
-Homer Simpson

Now the gentle winds, beckons through the leaves~ As autumn colors fall~

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

What do you mean? It IS "real", it's just currently an unfinished film.

One of my best friends, David Hall, is directing Kaiju Gaiden. Anything you guys can contribute to the project *will* help in making finishing Legendary Beast Wolfman vs. Godzilla a reality, as well as help fund the actual documentary itself.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Goji wrote:What do you mean? It IS "real", it's just currently an unfinished film.

One of my best friends, David Hall, is directing Kaiju Gaiden. Anything you guys can contribute to the project *will* help in making finishing Legendary Beast Wolfman vs. Godzilla a reality, as well as help fund the actual documentary itself.
I donated $75 to it and made a topic that's gotten zero replies, which is surprising because I thought this board would be the most interested in this. Care to bump it for me in hopes of getting more contributions? http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 33&t=21089

Lord_Kruge
Ronin

Post by Lord_Kruge »

Donated $120, may give more just because I want to see it made.

Also, if G vs Wolfman does ever get made, I really hope they include those extra edited minutes on the disc. I'd love to see everything they had to work with. 140 minutes isn't so bad these days.

pvphook
Ronin

Post by pvphook »

Godzillian wrote: Toho wants to see a final cut of the film. The current cut is 140 min but the director is cutting it down to 100. The suit will change towards the end of the film to a 1964 godzilla. This is due to the 62 replica suit falling apart after years of not working on the film. The director is friends with a higher up in Toho and the two have plans to release it on DVD and Blu Ray.
That would be awesome, I hope Toho goes through with it and we see a release.
Still the best

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Lord_Kruge wrote:Donated $120, may give more just because I want to see it made.

Also, if G vs Wolfman does ever get made, I really hope they include those extra edited minutes on the disc. I'd love to see everything they had to work with. 140 minutes isn't so bad these days.
Wolfman vs. Godzilla was made over 30 years ago, it just has never been released.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Pkmatrix wrote:
Lord_Kruge wrote:Donated $120, may give more just because I want to see it made.

Wolfman vs. Godzilla was made over 30 years ago, it just has never been released.
Not really. It's been filmed over 30 years ago, but the amount of editing and post-production that still needs to be made would hardly qualify it as having been "made" already.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I really hope this gets edited and released within the next, say, 50 years at the most. I want to be able to see it at some point in my lifetime. It looks very fun; I love the effects on the Wolfman, and love the design of the full kaiju form.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Why such a bloated number? It's definitely going to be finished sometime in the next couple of years. Now whether or not Toho will allow it to be released is an entirely different matter.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Goji wrote:Why such a bloated number? It's definitely going to be finished sometime in the next couple of years. Now whether or not Toho will allow it to be released is an entirely different matter.
Toho is interested in the film. They want to see a final cut.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Yes, I'm well aware this. No offense, but I probably know a lot more about what's going on with the production than you do. Sorry if that sounds rude, but..I'm way ahead of you.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Goji wrote:Why such a bloated number? It's definitely going to be finished sometime in the next couple of years.
Well I'm 24, so within 50 years would be within my lifespan, assuming I live a long life. I just want the chance to see the film.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

What part of "will be finished in the next couple years" (if not a lot sooner), and "if Toho allows it to be released' are you having a hard time understanding, exactly?

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

I think he just wants to be really old when he sees it, for some reason.
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I was simply trying to say that I hope it gets released at some point in my life. You know, so that I'll have the chance to see it? I didn't mean I wanted it to take 50 years to be released.