Talkback: King Kong Escapes (1967)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
The One and Only
Futurian

Re: King Kong Escapes (1967)

Post by The One and Only »

Anyone here see the episode of Comic Book Men where a G-Fest attende was trying to seel his homemade MechaniKong outfit he made for the convention. The price he was asking, around $1500 was a wee bit too step for the guys, and they unfortunately had to turn him down. Although, it was fun to see Kevin Smith talking about King Kong Escapes, and their fondness for some of the other trys at the Eighth Wonder of World. Also, Smith also discussed the noise MechaniKong made everytime Doctor Who's robot was onscreen, and even did his own take on it.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

This thread being bumped reminded me of menschenjaeger. Oh where have you been? :cry:
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

attilagodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by attilagodzilla »

Sorry for bringing up this old threat.

Just watched this movie i liked it, although it's a movie i will watch again any time soon.
I loved DR Hu or who whatever, i thought he was funny. One thing that annoyed me was the blonde woman (don't know her name),m esspecially when she was constantly shouting ''KONG , KONG'' ugh.
Also most of the music i heard in the soundtrack i also heard in some godzilla movies.
one of the few Godzilla fans from holland
Top 5 godzilla movies:
Gojira
Shin Godzilla
GMK
Godzilla vs mechagodzilla 1974
Ghidorah the 3 headed monster

gojira96
Monarch Researcher

Post by gojira96 »

Really fun movie with great monster fights.

attilagodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by attilagodzilla »

^yes my favorite fight was between kong and gorosaurus
one of the few Godzilla fans from holland
Top 5 godzilla movies:
Gojira
Shin Godzilla
GMK
Godzilla vs mechagodzilla 1974
Ghidorah the 3 headed monster

GojirO
G-Force Personnel

Re: Talkback: King Kong Escapes (1967)

Post by GojirO »

I thought this was an excellent addition to the toho showa family. An imaginative film
Rest in Peace Victoria

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

If it had a connection to the 33 Kong, it'd be twice as good. But, it is good.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

gzilla46 wrote:If it had a connection to the 33 Kong, it'd be twice as good. But, it is good.
What does that even mean?
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

MaxRebo320 wrote:What does that even mean?
C O N T I N U I T Y

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I wish FRANKENSTEIN CONQUERS THE WORLD had connections to the 1931 film. They really should have brought Fritz back for that movie as well. Boris Karloff should have played Frankenstein in it again too.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

MaxRebo320 wrote:I wish FRANKENSTEIN CONQUERS THE WORLD had connections to the 1931 film. They really should have brought Fritz back for that movie as well. Boris Karloff should have played Frankenstein in it again too.
Well, Karloff and Adams did work together around the same time in Die, monster, Die! It would have been a perfect fit!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

eabaker wrote:Well, Karloff and Adams did work together around the same time in Die, monster, Die! It would have been a perfect fit!
In all seriousness, seeing Boris in a Toho monster movie would be my CHRISTMAS MORNING.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Megalon-5 wrote:In all seriousness, seeing Boris in a Toho monster movie would be my CHRISTMAS MORNING.
Yeah, not gonna lie, it'd be ASSum.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Megalon-5 wrote:
eabaker wrote:Well, Karloff and Adams did work together around the same time in Die, monster, Die! It would have been a perfect fit!
In all seriousness, seeing Boris in a Toho monster movie would be my CHRISTMAS MORNING.
Yeah, pretty much. With Tsuburaya's miniatures complemented by Mario Bava matte paintings.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

eabaker, you have given me some very sweet dreams for tonight...I don't know whether to thank you, or scold you, seeing how I am now upset something like that was never made.

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

After looking at the Wikipedia and IMDB pages for this movie, I was wanting to know......

Is the villain pronounced Dr. Who, or Dr. Hu? :eh:
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

eabaker wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote:I wish FRANKENSTEIN CONQUERS THE WORLD had connections to the 1931 film. They really should have brought Fritz back for that movie as well. Boris Karloff should have played Frankenstein in it again too.
Well, Karloff and Adams did work together around the same time in Die, monster, Die! It would have been a perfect fit!
Y'know, I love Karloff and all but...BASIL RATHBONE.

The best would've been to have old Bela show up in Tokyo and be all, "Dey bombed me once!" and "Nobody can mend Ygor's size!"
Of course he would become Baragon by the end. Belagon, if you will. Giant Wild-Basil could drop-kick the old, dying man-dinosaur into a pit of sulfur that's just...there. Like the volcano. I guess that would make Nick Adams the Grandson of Frankie and Kumi the Bride of Son of Frankie...or something? Lionel Atwill is in Tsuchiya's role getting to say plum shit like, "I saw a glowing horn." It would just be totally amaz--

--Wait. Wait, what the Hell were we talking about? What thread is this? *checks title* Ffffuuu---
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Who? Who is this doctor?

In all seriousness, though, he is a good villian. He was your classic mad scientist, and his death was quite appropriate for his character.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Captain Aktion wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Y'know, I love Karloff and all but...BASIL RATHBONE.

The best would've been to have old Bela show up in Tokyo and be all, "Dey bombed me once!" and "Nobody can mend Ygor's size!"
Of course he would become Baragon by the end. Belagon, if you will. Giant Wild-Basil could drop-kick the old, dying man-dinosaur into a pit of sulfur that's just...there. Like the volcano. I guess that would make Nick Adams the Grandson of Frankie and Kumi the Bride of Son of Frankie...or something? Lionel Atwill is in Tsuchiya's role getting to say plum shit like, "I saw a glowing horn." It would just be totally amaz--

--Wait. Wait, what the Hell were we talking about? What thread is this? *checks title* Ffffuuu---
Clearly, this being a Kong-related thread, we should be imagining a Toho movie with Robert Armstrong, Fay Wray, and, of course, the incomparable Noble Johnson as the imposing foreigner.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

So is this Kong the same one from KKvG? Or just a smaller ape that is also named Kong.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.