Shukra vs. Momagon

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.

Which is more terrifying?

Shukra, the Dreaded Monster of Homework
62%
Momagon, the Monster of Strict Mothers
38%

Total votes: 47

HayesAJones
Keizer

Re: Shukra vs. Momagon

Post by HayesAJones »

Godzilla's real? MY WHOLE LIFE HAS BEEN JUSTIFIED! IT'S ALL BEEN WORTH IT! BWAHAHAHAHAHA, TAKE THAT EVERYONE WHO DOUBTED ME!

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Dude...the world would split in half. I'd make sure to buy all the ones at Walmart.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Quick, someone activate the electric thing-a-majig!!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

And after the toys came out, checkered shirts would become all the fashion rage.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

bananaoil
G-Force Personnel

Post by bananaoil »

To further fan the flames, I find it amusing that AH complains about this topic which, to recap, deals with two monsters a comic book artist in a Godzilla movie creates, yet AH's favorite monsters are those Crash Bandicoot villain knock-offs from Godzilla Unleashed because they're the bestest monsters ever.
Daikaiju is better with rainbows!!!

bananaoil
G-Force Personnel

Post by bananaoil »

alienhulk2099 wrote:The word you're looking for is best, the word bestest does not exist in any official English dictionary I am afraid.
No, no. I used the word I intended to use. It looks like you just don't understand that your language, being Germanic in nature, unabashedly promotes the proliferation of attaching prefixes and suffixes and combining terms to produce new words to service denotations and connotations other words allegedly can't sufficiently address, and that these new constructs are simply defined as slang until they are absorbed into the ever evolving layman-academic cross lexicons to be included in standard dictionaries. And while I appreciate the need for language standardization to make communication accessible for all parties, there's no such thing as an "official" language beyond a country agreeing to adopt one standardization or the other for official business. No. I employed the word "bestest" because of its connotation, and by using context clues I'm sure anyone here can agree that in my using an elementary and unrefined conjugation that isn't supported by standardized English, one often employed by young children, is part of the joke at your expense.
Daikaiju is better with rainbows!!!

Mecha-Anguirus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Mecha-Anguirus »

bananaoil wrote: No, no. I used the word I intended to use. It looks like you just don't understand that your language, being Germanic in nature, unabashedly promotes the proliferation of attaching prefixes and suffixes and combining terms to produce new words to service denotations and connotations other words allegedly can't sufficiently address, and that these new constructs are simply defined as slang until they are absorbed into the ever evolving layman-academic cross lexicons to be included in standard dictionaries. And while I appreciate the need for language standardization to make communication accessible for all parties, there's no such thing as an "official" language beyond a country agreeing to adopt one standardization or the other for official business. No. I employed the word "bestest" because of its connotation, and by using context clues I'm sure anyone here can agree that in my using an elementary and unrefined conjugation that isn't supported by standardized English, one often employed by young children, is part of the joke at your expense.

:shock: That's a lotta big words...
Reboot: coda 1G65R34... Weapons Status: functioning... Recoding Mainframe... Video Sensors: recording... Mecha-Anguirus now Online.

Remember me?

Mini-Godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mini-Godzilla »

Bananaoil, you should know that the IQs around here do not allow for such a response.
Godzilla says I should learn to fight my own battles!

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

And I bathe in gravy...like Ed in Ed, Edd, and Eddy.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:
bananaoil wrote:No, no. I used the word I intended to use. It looks like you just don't understand that your language, being Germanic in nature, unabashedly promotes the proliferation of attaching prefixes and suffixes and combining terms to produce new words to service denotations and connotations other words allegedly can't sufficiently address, and that these new constructs are simply defined as slang until they are absorbed into the ever evolving layman-academic cross lexicons to be included in standard dictionaries. And while I appreciate the need for language standardization to make communication accessible for all parties, there's no such thing as an "official" language beyond a country agreeing to adopt one standardization or the other for official business. No. I employed the word "bestest" because of its connotation, and by using context clues I'm sure anyone here can agree that in my using an elementary and unrefined conjugation that isn't supported by standardized English, one often employed by young children, is part of the joke at your expense.
That takes so much time to read it stops being funny.
+1

So, Shukra is widely despised. Knew it.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Legion1979 wrote:
bananaoil wrote:To further fan the flames, I find it amusing that AH complains about this topic which, to recap, deals with two monsters a comic book artist in a Godzilla movie creates, yet AH's favorite monsters are those Crash Bandicoot villain knock-offs from Godzilla Unleashed because they're the bestest monsters ever.
Oh snap!

And everything after that post is just gravy.
Can I borrow some of your flamebait for a second?
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I think the originator of this post should revise the description, as Momagon is the monster of "Too Strict" mothers, ya know, to differentiate her from the moms that are just strict, or not strict at all. ;) . besides Superman could beat them all!~
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

On its own, Shukra is fairly harmless. However, Skukra tends to assult in great numbers, making them a formidable adversary. Shukra also has bacterial qualities and can multiply into enormous numbers to bring their prey down with greater ease. The Skukra themselves are but pawns to an altogether far more deadly force, Teachalon, the vicious monsters of strict schoolmasters. Shukra and Teachalon tend to prey on younger victims, but rarely kill instantly, instead slowly infesting a poisonign their victim over a period of 6-18 years.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

*Pulls out a Defibrillator* CLEAR.

Well, to give my two cents and from personal experience, kinda on the Shukra train with this. Homework is a pain in the arse, especially college material. Also, is it Momagon or Mamagon? Pretty sure it was the latter. :P
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

Shukra.
Homework is just annoying.
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

I never had any problems with my mom and as a kid I loved school.... so call me a nerd or whatever, but I would have hated whatshisface for making those comics....
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I don't know. It might be a funny comic. Just picture Godzilla going up to face Momagon, and ending up getting nagged to death that he didn't wash his hands before the fight or that his posture is bad.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

skuzzy-punk-kid
Monarch Researcher

Post by skuzzy-punk-kid »

I voted "Momagon," because moms can and do hit their kids as a disciplinary measure. I hated my mom resorting to corporal punishment more than homework. Actually, this fear of the rough hand of parents falls more on my dad, but it takes an even more dreadful tone when the supposedly maternal nurturing figure that is supposed to be your mother decides to inflict pain onto you.
In my dad's case, I sometimes joked about this oni-ogre hiding behind a doorframe (with a slasher smile and heavy breathing), before he jumps through the door...landing hard in the center of the room with thick, heavy, calloused feet, swinging this metal-studded belt in the air, roaring at the top of his lungs; this hideous, pot-bellied, sparsely-haired, obsenely-tusked oni-ogre known as "father."
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

i could never deal with a strict mother. i can do loads of homework or avoid it entirely and be done with it, but a mother is a lifelong issue.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I could handle both, but I suppose Shukra would be the biggest pain in the aye.