Lost Projects:NESSIE

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
The One and Only
Futurian

Re: Lost Projects:NESSIE

Post by The One and Only »

Quote by Tyler:
That's one pissed off Wilford Brimly.
^

I always thought the beast looked more like Jack Elamb.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85PcMJ9D8X0
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

This would have been really cool. Fresh Toho monsters are always welcome in my book, and it would be fun to see if Nessie would eventually get integrated into the Godzilla series, even if it was just a cameo or two.
Haters gonna hate

RogueShuffler
Monsterland Worker

Post by RogueShuffler »

I think its sweet that they werent just going to make it a movie about discovering Nessie and saving it or learning about it...no this Nessie is a brute and went on a rampage destroying an oil rig. I really wish this was made. Oh Toho WHYYY!!!
This valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Pardon the pun, but this project is probably dead in the water.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Lol. It has been for decades.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

RogueShuffler wrote:I think its sweet that they werent just going to make it a movie about discovering Nessie and saving it or learning about it...no this Nessie is a brute and went on a rampage destroying an oil rig. I really wish this was made. Oh Toho WHYYY!!!
I would've actually preferred if the movie would keep the Loch Ness Monster from being aggressive or confrontational, as that helps the viewer suspend belief and connect with the very quiet monster we're all familiar with in modern folklore. Something to the effect of someone credible creating a stir and interest in the LNM again in the present day, claiming to have seen it or gotten a picture. Scientists and other experts are granted a submarine and other equipment to put the myth to rest ... or make an unprecedented discovery. There is a distress call and the submarine confirms there is a giant creature that's attacking the sub, sinking it. Then they launch attack subs and such to kill the creature, thinking it aggressive. They chase it around and it fights back, or maybe it comes on land briefly too, yadda yadda. I came up with that on the fly so it's not well thought out, but a lesson in man just destroying what we don't understand and leaving some creatures alone would've made sense. It was only defending itself when it felt threatened, otherwise it had been benevolent since forever.

I maintain that Toho should still make this movie someday as it would have global appeal (particularly in the western world) and is a somewhat different monster movie than most of what Toho has made, especially recently.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

The One and Only
Futurian

Last week for my birthday I got a copy of the Bob Eggleton and Nigel suckling collaboration, THE BOOK OF SEA MONSTERS. in the book's epilogue. The sadly scrapped joint effort between Hammer and Toho was talked about, and a bit of plot came out. On top of the title monster leaving the confines of the loch. Apparently part of the deal called for Nessie to be exposed to an experimental growth hormone. Presumably, said growth hormone would've increased the beast size to probably daikaiju size, and make Nessie quite a bit more agressive as well. Driving her on one heck of a rampage in the course of the flick.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Viva la revolucion!
Samurai

Post by Viva la revolucion! »

I thin the Godzilla vs. the NEssie project would have kicked some major ass! Imagine!!
Oh no Nessie will eat us and kill us!
No... Godzilla is the worse menace! Duck!!

GODZILLA VS. THE LOCHE NESS MONSTER!!!!!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

^ Hes probably trolling dude.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Viva la revolucion!
Samurai

HEY FUCK YOU! I TRY TO BE A NICE DUDE AND YOU INSULT ME A THREAT ME LIKE IM AN IDIOT!

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

...Wow dude. Fresh outta chill pills are we?
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Viva la revolucion!
Samurai

Sorry if I called him an idiot but people bully me everywhere and I thought this was gonna be like heaven because theyre were other freaks like me and isntead people call me names

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Viva la revolucion! wrote:Sorry if I called him an idiot but people bully me everywhere and I thought this was gonna be like heaven because theyre were other freaks like me and isntead people call me names
Not to flare anything up because I'm sorry you ended up in a disagreement with the other poster, but why would this forum have "other freaks"? You probably aren't a "freak" and we aren't full of them here anyway. Is it because we're all fans of classic giant monster/sci-fi movies? That's really not "freakish".
고질라

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Sadly that link to the script doesn't work anymore. What happened in the story?
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaFan1992 »

So why was this movie scrapped?

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

GodzillaFan1992 wrote:So why was this movie scrapped?
The synopsis on the main site discusses that. :D
고질라

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

GodzillaFan1992 wrote:So why was this movie scrapped?
Hammer backed out of the deal.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Really sounded like a cool film. Would have loved it as a kid and it would've been a pretty nice addition to the Showa era. How big was Nessie gonna be in the film?

The One and Only
Futurian

Godzillian wrote:Really sounded like a cool film. Would have loved it as a kid and it would've been a pretty nice addition to the Showa era. How big was Nessie gonna be in the film?
Don't know. Had read in The Book of Sea Monsters that Nessie in the flick would've been made larger than before due to growth hormones dumped into the loch. Which would've in turn, made her more aggressive to boot. Maybe not Godzilla sized, but big enough to wreck an oil rig singlehandedly.
Toho's sketch for the title beastie.
And some more info about the flick.
http://www.cryptomundo.com/movie-monste ... sie-movie/

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

That's a pretty nice design. Wish they didn't abandoned the project.