Lost Projects:NESSIE

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Mastergodzilla
GPN Volunteer

Re: Lost Projects:NESSIE

Post by Mastergodzilla »

This would have been awesome!! Toho should totally find the script and make it soon!
:baragon: :destoroyah: :muto: :bagan: :g2k: :monsterx: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla: :g64: :godzilla: :tk:
Check out my YouTube Channel, GodzillaFan2004! Has everything Godzilla, from reviews of fan films to fan films themselves! Please subscribe!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR1qg2 ... 4JEFNvBhCw

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

Mastergodzilla wrote:This would have been awesome!! Toho should totally find the script and make it soon!
Next year....Hideaki Anno returns to make Shin Nessie. Insert orchestral music. 8-)

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Bigdog wrote:
Mastergodzilla wrote:This would have been awesome!! Toho should totally find the script and make it soon!
Next year....Hideaki Anno returns to make Shin Nessie. Insert orchestral music. 8-)
Oh, it's another Anno ruined Godzilla meme? So fanni
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Bigdog wrote:
Oh, it's another Anno ruined Godzilla meme? So fanni
Not at all. He'd be cool as a director for a Nessie film due to his work on Shin Godzilla. Or at least the effects work and designing from the crew of the movie.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Apparently the monster in Princess from the Moon is based on the aborted Nessie design from the unmade movie
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Godzilla21 wrote:Apparently the monster in Princess from the Moon is based on the aborted Nessie design from the unmade movie
The prop used in 1986's PRINCESS FROM THE MOON for the sea dragon scene was not the prop constructed for the abandoned NESSIE production. But, it was based on Teruyoshi Nakano's design for Nessie. Here's the much talked about scene from the flick, and it does remind one of the legendary loch resident.

And while digging around tonight on the subject of NESSIE , after seeing this clip in Hesei section of this board. I found what probably was a toy of the Water Dragon.
In which you can see, some of the Nakano's Nessie carried over into the Water Dragon's design.
Also I found this sketch, storyboard, which could be from pre-production of NESSIE. I say this because one of the scenes of the flick involved Nessie trashing an oil rig in the course of her rampage. And this looks right out of the flick.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

This here is one of the reasons why I want a Nessie movie set in the MonsterVerse.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

The One and Only wrote:And while digging around tonight on the subject of NESSIE , after seeing this clip in Hesei section of this board. I found what probably was a toy of the Water Dragon.
In which you can see, some of the Nakano's Nessie carried over into the Water Dragon's design.
Based on the text that actually seems to be a model of Nessie. I can't determine what "末製作" is supposed to mean: Google says "final production" —末 being "end" and 製作 being "production"— but I think the meaning is more obscure than that. However, ネッシー ひな形 is definitely "Nessie model" and 「ネッシー」might suggest a title, as in Nessie, the name of the movie.

The text on the sketch simply says "Design of the phantom Japanese-English collaboration film Nessie that was discontinued." (製作中止となった幻の日英合作映画『ネッシー』のデザイン) (Google Translate)
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Really its so heartbreaking that this never happened. There isn't any really good Nessie films and this could have been one easily.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

At least we a form of Nessie in Godzilla: The Animated Series via the episode, DeadLoch.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Rhedosaurus wrote:At least we a form of Nessie in Godzilla: The Animated Series via the episode, DeadLoch.

Last performance of the great Roddy McDowell as well. Terrific episode.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Rhedosaurus wrote:At least we a form of Nessie in Godzilla: The Animated Series via the episode, DeadLoch.

As well as Titanus Leviathan.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Would have really loved to see this film become reality, but i'm sure Toho had their reasons to cut it like the other projects. Nessie herself looked cool yet kinda ugly at the same time.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

It wasn’t Toho’s choice to cancel the collaboration. Hammer straight up backed out.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Perhaps it's a good idea it wasn't made. Varan was a project with an American studio, until the American studio failed Toho. And Toho's Varan is considered a mediocre film. If Nessie does get a film, it should be a good one.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

The One and Only
Futurian

From the 2019 G-Fest. NESSIE:The Kaiju That Hammer Loched Away panel discussing the history of the failed production.

Japanese article about the unmade film.
And two fan art contributions to the book sold exclusively at the G-Fest Nessie panel.

"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

As a lover of puns, that title is golden.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The One and Only
Futurian

Bloody Disgusting.com just put out an article on the unmade NESSIE flick.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/editorial ... nd-hammer/

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Easily one of the projects I'd have traded almost anything for. A movie with the atmosphere and style of Hammer... With Toho effects. Jesus, it could have been something legendary.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The British make good sci f and horror.