Lost Project: Godzilla Vs Batman

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Lost Project: Godzilla Vs Batman

Post by edgaguirus »

Superman is a better match to Godzilla, and has been done in a small way. An old Superman cartoon had him doing damage control after a Godzilla like T-rex thawed from an ice block.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

FlamingZilla23 wrote: You know a batman and godzilla being in the same movie won't work. But what about a Superman vs Godzilla? It would have been better, right?
Eh ...
Tyler wrote:It's weird people are so against this but if it were actually made they'd love it unconditionally like most Showa movies.
For me it would be like some of the Showa movies I don't really like. I cherish it because it's a Godzilla movie and buy it in the nicest format I can, but I don't really watch it much. DAM is an example of this.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

I don't think this idea is so crazy. Maybe campy and ridiculous, but I feel like it would have fit in pretty well in the monster boom of the 60s-70s. Batman and Godzilla were campy at the same time, and Japan has a tendency to outfit western superheroes with huge mechas anyway--their TV adaptations of Spider-Man and Ninja Turtles come to mind immediately. Batman vs Godzilla may not have been fit for the silver screen, but if Toho had produced a Batman TV show in the 60s or 70s, I wouldn't have been the LEAST bit surprised if the big G made a guest appearance for an episode or two.
Haters gonna hate

SuperMonsterZero
Monarch Researcher

Post by SuperMonsterZero »

hammysammy59 wrote:I don't think this idea is so crazy. Maybe campy and ridiculous, but I feel like it would have fit in pretty well in the monster boom of the 60s-70s. Batman and Godzilla were campy at the same time, and Japan has a tendency to outfit western superheroes with huge mechas anyway--their TV adaptations of Spider-Man and Ninja Turtles come to mind immediately.
I pretty much agree with this, but since Mazinger Z hadn't been made yet, if there was some kind of Bat-Robot involved, it probably would have been remote-controlled like Giant Robo or Mechanikong.
「大人の世界に神様があるように、子供の世界にミニラ大明神があってもおかしくないでしょう」

Biogoji89
GPN Volunteer

Post by Biogoji89 »

Why would anyone want to pay money just to watch Batman get stepped on?Well I don't know about you but I wouldn't!
"Turn!180 degrees!"

FlamingZilla23
Interpol Agent

Post by FlamingZilla23 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Biogoji89 wrote:Why would anyone want to pay money just to watch Batman get stepped on?Well I don't know about you but I wouldn't!
Oh for crying out loud.

This has been stated several times, he probably would have a giant robot or mecha. This is Japan were talking about here, their version of Spider-Man is a super sentia hero alien thing with a giant robot so I imagined thy would give Batman a giant robot too. And considering how he's a billionaire it actually isn't that far fetched.
Imagesomething like this since it was going to be a mech. just look at like it as an old 60's robot
Proud member of Toho Kingdom since 2011

Killswitch
G-Force Personnel

Post by Killswitch »

Godzilla vs Batman is just stupid! A Marvel Comics version of Godzilla would be interesting.

Dr. Nishiyama
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dr. Nishiyama »

Does anyone else think THIS should've been a rumor and Godzilla VS The Devil an actual idea? Some reason I can't wrap my head around that this, a film where Batman FIGHTS Godzilla, would ever actually be conceived by anyone at Toho.

Biogoji89
GPN Volunteer

Post by Biogoji89 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Oh for crying out loud.

This has been stated several times, he probably would have a giant robot or mecha. This is Japan were talking about here, their version of Spider-Man is a super sentia hero alien thing with a giant robot so I imagined thy would give Batman a giant robot too. And considering how he's a billionaire it actually isn't that far fetched.
Nice thought but Godzilla would still win!
"Turn!180 degrees!"

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

If this film had been done, Batman would have been the good guy. More than likely it would have ended in a draw, similar to what we had in G against MG.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Irys X
Interpol Agent

Post by Irys X »

I can just see it now. Batman and Godzilla fight on land, air, and sea before Batman whips out his genetically created monster bat that shoots a beam of yellow light and the two fight in the streets of Gotham. Godzilla of course kills the bat but then goes to the sea wounded and Gotham lives to fight another day.
My Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla stop motion movie -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fshhA8BWuLw

Rodan vs. F-22 Raptor - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q3V02iy_Xw

Wrath of Mechagodzilla - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4xHP8C_vWw

Biogoji89
GPN Volunteer

Post by Biogoji89 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Biogoji89 wrote:Nice thought but Godzilla would still win!
We're talking about how this would work not who would win.

"How would aliens fight Godzilla?" "Make a Mechagodzilla" "nice try but Godzilla would still win!"

how would you fight =/= who would win.
You know why I said that?Because I think the film is a stupid idea!I just think Batman would get stepped on sometime in the movie.
"Turn!180 degrees!"

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Tyler wrote:It'd be cool if Bruce Wayne turned into a giant Batman like Ultraman or Zonefighter.
I almost would want to see that.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

Living Corpse wrote:Now make it 45 to 70 meters tall and have Batman inside it as it's pilot. There you go.
...That would be the most boring five minute film ever made.

Let's ignore the logic of Batman building a 70 meter robot to fight Godzilla. That thing would be frail as all hell. One good swing from Godzilla's tail would knock that robot out of commission. And I can't even imagine what would happen if Godzilla fired his ray.

Let's face it, there is no way that Batman is ever going to stand a fighting chance against Godzilla. Even if he somehow got a hold of a nuclear missile, he still couldn't defeat Godzilla. That's one of the many reasons why this idea just sucks.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Living Corpse wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Now make it 45 to 70 meters tall and have Batman inside it as it's pilot. There you go.

Let's ignore the logic of Batman building a 70 meter robot to fight Godzilla. That thing would be frail as all hell. One good swing from Godzilla's tail would knock that robot out of commission. And I can't even imagine what would happen if Godzilla fired his ray.

Let's face it, there is no way that Batman is ever going to stand a fighting chance against Godzilla. Even if he somehow got a hold of a nuclear missile, he still couldn't defeat Godzilla. That's one of the many reasons why this idea just sucks.
Sure that's exactly what happened to Mechagodzilla, Jet Jaguar and Mecha-Kong.

Oh wait.
Those robots were built to fight other giant monsters. There is no way that Batman could built something as durable as MechaGodzilla. The best he could do is build something that's as big as Godzilla, but as durable as wet toilet paper. Something that Godzilla can kill in one or two hits.

It took god knows how many technologically-advanced aliens god knows how long to build MechaGodzilla, using god knows how much space titanium. And even then, it still lost to Godzilla. This is just one man (possibly is very old butler), trying to build a giant robot with anything that he could find, as fast as he can so that he can supposedly save Gotham....

...Yeah, that's not going to work out at all.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Maybe Batman would invent a ray that would increase his size so he's the size of Godzilla. It seems like the kind of cheese that would be found in the '60s
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Very cheesy.

To be honest, this film would have made G vs Megalon look like quality film making.

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:

You're making it seem like the filmmakers can't control what happens in the movie.
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Ethan wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:

You're making it seem like the filmmakers can't control what happens in the movie.
I'm saying that, if the filmmakers had gone that route, I wouldn't have bought it. There's suspension of disbelief, and then there's pulling off things that just don't work. This would be an example of the latter.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

There's nothing anymore inherently illogical about a larger-then-life fictional character making a giant robot then any of the other various forms of zaniness that the franchise has thrown at us.

Some gadget-making single dude builds a robot that can reprogram itself to grow bigger? Sign me up!

But Batman, a character who has;

Fought Dinosaurs...

Beat the crap out of a living God, just to prove to him that he could...

Had his soul shot back through time by a Space God...

AND ACTUALLY BUILT A ROBOT

Nono, he can't build a giant robot. That would really be shattering my suspension of disbelief.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury