Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Re: zone fighter the strongest kaiju in the showa era

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I don't think Zone Fighter could take out Hedorah unless the Japanese National Guard helped him.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Kubo
Sazer

Re: zone fighter the strongest kaiju in the showa era

Post by Kubo »

Hedorah needs to be dehydrated and Godzilla would never have won that fight had the JSDF provided the electric current to kill or weaken Hedorah enough for Godzilla finish the job. Zone Fighter NEEDS the JSDF for Hedorah. I believe that is the only time he might need some form of help...but then again he almost lost to Shadorah and Jipuardo (I think that's their names) and Jellar in the tv series, but thanks to Godzilla and some help from Zone Angel & Zone Junior, he was able to win.

Zone fighter has his weak points...
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Post by GodzillaFan1992 »

Such hypocrites Toho are. They complain about Daei ripping them off by making Gamera, yet they completely rip-off Ultraman by creating Zone Fighter. -_-

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

GodzillaFan1992 wrote:Such hypocrites Toho are. They complain about Daei ripping them off by making Gamera, yet they completely rip-off Ultraman by creating Zone Fighter. -_-
Toho really is shameless haha Anyone else wish Zone Fighter got used more? He is pretty cool.

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

I honestly never really liked Zone Fighter. I don't know why......
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

Ōei
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ōei »

I saw some zone fighter eps a few months ago... I feel like people really over hype it just because it's made by toho.

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Post by kamilleblu »

How did Zone Fighter's first episode manage to have better production values than Godzilla vs. Megalon?

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

Seriously? Wow.......
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

Zone Fighter is too mainstream. I prefer Godman aka Greenman

[Pic]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... agreen.jpg[/Pic]

But seriously, people who call JJ an Ultraman rip-off have never seen this guy! He's still pretty awesome though. Didn't Namco Bandai say that there's a good chance that Zone Fighter could appear in their Godzilla fighter? (that's if they make one.)

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Young Guy wrote: Didn't Namco Bandai say that there's a good chance that Zone Fighter could appear in their Godzilla fighter? (that's if they make one.)
They said they wanted to put him, Grand King Ghidorah and Monster X in but Hedorah took up resources and time to animate. Hell JJ is only in because one guy worked on him in secret and showed him off when he already finished him. There's always a sequel, if one gets made.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

I wish I can get the episodes on bluray or dvd but originals are close to four figures and the bootlegs on ebay seem shady by looking at the feedback.

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Eh, he's okay. He's got a badass theme song and the Meteor Missile Might is pretty damn badass, but in terms of Toho's various Ultraman-like heroes, Jet's the best one imo.

Shannon Squid
G-Force Personnel

Post by Shannon Squid »

Aside from some random clips I saw on Dailymotion...Don't really have much to go on to form much of an opinion on him...other than he's kinda cool.

I'd kinda hesitate to use the "ripoff" label that much. As there where so many back then it practically spawned the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyodai_Hero subgenre. Shame you don't see many more these days other than the eponymous Ultras.

ThunderScore
Monarch Researcher

Post by ThunderScore »

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

From what I've seen, Zone Fighter and his series are worth a look. It's entertaining, if nothing else.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

WeegeeZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by WeegeeZilla »

I'd definitely import a ZF DVD if one was ever made. From what I've heard, the series is actually really good, and I've always wanted to give it a watch.
Some might say that life is a great challenge, and something insurmountably difficult. I say to that, "Bring it on."

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Ive only seen small clips on YouTube, and from what ive gathered Zone Fighter is pretty cool. Its really awesome that a few episodes show what Godzilla was doing between GvMegalon and GvMechagodzilla. I really like Zone's attacks such as the meteor missles. I just wish I could find full episodes. There is only one thing I dont like about him, he skreeonking killed Gigan!!! I just thought the Showa Gigan fled back to space to never be seen again.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

WeegeeZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by WeegeeZilla »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Ive only seen small clips on YouTube, and from what ive gathered Zone Fighter is pretty cool. Its really awesome that a few episodes show what Godzilla was doing between GvMegalon and GvMechagodzilla. I really like Zone's attacks such as the meteor missles. I just wish I could find full episodes. There is only one thing I dont like about him, he skreeonking killed Gigan!!! I just thought the Showa Gigan fled back to space to never be seen again.
At least he has the excuse of landing a coup de grace on Gigan, since Godzilla utterly curbstomped Gigan earlier in the episode.
Some might say that life is a great challenge, and something insurmountably difficult. I say to that, "Bring it on."

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

WeegeeZilla wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Ive only seen small clips on YouTube, and from what ive gathered Zone Fighter is pretty cool. Its really awesome that a few episodes show what Godzilla was doing between GvMegalon and GvMechagodzilla. I really like Zone's attacks such as the meteor missles. I just wish I could find full episodes. There is only one thing I dont like about him, he skreeonking killed Gigan!!! I just thought the Showa Gigan fled back to space to never be seen again.
At least he has the excuse of landing a coup de grace on Gigan, since Godzilla utterly curbstomped Gigan earlier in the episode.
Godzilla did? Huh I guess Zone just put him out of his misery.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

WeegeeZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by WeegeeZilla »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Godzilla did? Huh I guess Zone just put him out of his misery.
Yep! Gigan fled Godzilla again, only to be immediately called by the Garogas to fight Zone without even being repaired. As you can expect, he didn't last long as a result.