Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

WeegeeZilla wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Godzilla did? Huh I guess Zone just put him out of his misery.
Yep! Gigan fled Godzilla again, only to be immediately called by the Garogas to fight Zone without even being repaired. As you can expect, he didn't last long as a result.
Poor Gigan, he was only two days from retirement :lol: :gigan:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

WeegeeZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by WeegeeZilla »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
WeegeeZilla wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Godzilla did? Huh I guess Zone just put him out of his misery.
Yep! Gigan fled Godzilla again, only to be immediately called by the Garogas to fight Zone without even being repaired. As you can expect, he didn't last long as a result.
Poor Gigan, he was only two days from retirement :lol: :gigan:

Indeed! He might have survived, might his masters not been so foolish to try and fight the hero with broken tech. :gigan:
Some might say that life is a great challenge, and something insurmountably difficult. I say to that, "Bring it on."

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

So by pure accident, I discovered a move of Zone Fighter's not listed in his TK bio: the Meteor Knife Chop.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

GENTLEMEN

Finally, after many weeks of research, I have complied a list for an updated bio for Zone Fighter.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

"Complied"?
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

It was being held for ransom under very strict terms. Birdman complied, and has now been able to secure its release. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

It was held hostage by Wikipedia.jp.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

So, this appears to be the closest to a ZF series discussion thread?

Anyone that was interested in an English subtitled version should maybe shoot me a p.m.; I may have some news tomorrow...

Added in 2 days 3 hours 8 minutes 10 seconds:
Well, I'm going to hope that the interest level is higher than responses indicated and throw this out there anyway... I’ve started a crowdfunding project! My first time, so we’ll see how I goes… but, inspired by the main-site recaps, I think it’s long-past time that Zone Fighter be understandable to English audiences. I’d really appreciate if you’d check it out, share it with any other kaiju communities you may be a part of- anything you could do to help spread the word!

https://igg.me/at/zone-fighter
Last edited by Zarm on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Zarm wrote:Well, I'm going to hope that the interest level is higher than responses indicated and throw this out there anyway... I’ve started a crowdfunding project! My first time, so we’ll see how I goes… but, inspired by the main-site recaps, I think it’s long-past time that Zone Fighter be understandable to English audiences. I’d really appreciate if you’d check it out, share it with any other kaiju communities you may be a part of- anything you could do to help spread the word!

https://igg.me/at/zone-fighter
I wish you the best of luck, as for better or worse, that probably is the most rational way we'd see it subbed.

But there are a few things I would like to know/address, the first being just who the translator is and what some of his/her other work is like. A small sample would help determine just how "true" the translation is.

I should note that Hi no Tori Fansubs have started the show as a little secret project of sorts. However, they're only two episodes in (Having started in January of 2017), and knowing their usual speed, it'll probably be a looong time before it's completed by them.

In addition, I'd be very cautious about the subtitles by "Team Zone Fighter", as that is actuality former Godzilla Youtuber/Ben Wagner Groupie and now alt-right pundit (Seriously) TylerPreston20, who's knowledge of the Japanese language is *ahem* questionable (Case in point, the lyrics to the intro of his subs are lifted directly from Sci-Fi Japan's translation of the song).

Anyways, godspeed. I'll certainly donate when I get paid and will spread the word.
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I was very excited that I'd be able to add some previously-unknown lore to Showa Godzilla when one of my translators returned a script indivating he was 'a royal monster', accordimg to one of the Zone Family... but it turned out this was just a slight over-correction on what he considered a clunky phrase; Godzilla is 'a monster of justice'. Interestingly, the song from Godzilla vs. Gigan (played during the final shot) uses the exact same phrase, so this seems to have been a fairly official titleof the era; perhaps akin to 'the caped crusader' being used more commonly for Batman during the 60s.
MaxRebo320 wrote:I should note that Hi no Tori Fansubs have started the show as a little secret project of sorts. However, they're only two episodes in (Having started in January of 2017), and knowing their usual speed, it'll probably be a looong time before it's completed by them.

In addition, I'd be very cautious about the subtitles by "Team Zone Fighter", as that is actuality former Godzilla Youtuber/Ben Wagner Groupie and now alt-right pundit (Seriously) TylerPreston20, who's knowledge of the Japanese language is *ahem* questionable (Case in point, the lyrics to the intro of his subs are lifted directly from Sci-Fi Japan's translation of the song).
Your latter paragraph turned out quite prophetic; these have all been re-translated now.

And Hi no Tori proved helpful to a point, then dropped off the face of the planet for four months. I think their project is a bit stalled, but they have six mostly-finished scripts and about three scripts of the same sort of dubious, revision-needed quality as Team ZoneFighter's. :)

Maranatha!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Well, for my money, the coolest Terror-beast in the series ended up being Garoborg and Balgaras, the strongest potentially Moguranda, and the weakeast either Shipdraw or Kabutogira.

Some uninspired designs here- but some pretty interesting stuff in there, too!

Maranatha!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I'm still pissed Zone Fighter was planned for the recent PS3/PS4 game but wasn't added in. Hopefully he gets in the next Godzilla game. Honestly if I wasn't still in my "Godzilla is serious, ignore the goofy stuff of the past" phase in my teenage years, I would have asked Mr Strange if he could get him in one of the Pipeworks games.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.