Monster Discussion #33: Jet Jaguar

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Re: Monster Discussion #33: Jet Jaguar

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

Jet Jaguar is very cool and it's different enough to stand-out, although, it really needs a new redesign, his old design no longer fits today sensibilities.
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I think it depends on the media and the tone. Obviously off he was introduced into something like the Monteverse he’d need a redesign, but got things like comic books or animation, I think his current design works fine.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Unironically my third favorite TOHO in the Godzilla franchise. There’s just something so endearing and charming about JJ that’s hard to get over.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

JJ's garish coloring is part of his charm. He looks kind of silly, but then displays a talent for hand to hand combat in battle.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.