Monster Discussion #33: Jet Jaguar

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Re: Jet jaguar suit: Why all the hate?

Post by he-ba »

I see why people hate him, but he's fun and..... I can't believe I'm saying this...... hip. Yes, JJ is hip and will always be hip and kool to me.
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

Kaiser
G-Force Personnel

Post by Kaiser »

He's just so...lame looking. That grin of his creeps me out too and the whole "he's programmed to change size" bit is so ludicrous it's hilarious. It's a personal thing, he just bothers me. Ultraman has a kind of elegance to him that Jet Jaguar just doesn't.

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Jet jaguars hood makes him look like a KKK.
Are you serious?!
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Kaiser
G-Force Personnel

Post by Kaiser »

MDK wrote:
Are you serious?!
Maybe he's thinking of the Seatopians? I could understand that, but otherwise...no, no it really doesn't.

gojira96
Monarch Researcher

Post by gojira96 »

MDK wrote:
Are you serious?!
I don't think he ever is.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

:dizzy: Seriously, get your medication adjusted man.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Um... what? Might wanna get your eyes checked :P He doesn't even wear a hood, so I assume you mean his head. Yeah, it's pointed. Still doesn't look a thing like a KKK outfit. By that logic, everything with a pointed head looks like a KKK outfit, and that makes absolutely no sense.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Jet Jaguar is one cool mothafucka' and y'all need to respect his authoritah.

On a more serious note, I love Godzilla vs. Megalon and Jet Jaguar is my favorite Toho mech. I love the shit outta him.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

I was joking about Jet jaguar looking like that, guys.
Or you could have just said this to avoid looking stupid.

OT:Jet Jaguar, huh? Definitely my least-favorite mech in the Godzilla Franchise. His design just doesn't appeal to me.

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

Is Jet Jaguar a mech, though? He isn't controlled by humans on the inside or by a control thing inside his head.

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

he-ba wrote:Is Jet Jaguar a mech, though? He isn't controlled by humans on the inside or by a control thing inside his head.
I know he's programmed by a couple of red Sucrets.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Re: Monster Discussion #33: Jet Jaguar

Post by Gothicserpent »

I don't mind good old JJ. He's goofy but has a certain charm to him.

But what always bothered me was how he was treated in his "Debut" film. The plot is obviously just the Jet Jaguar vs Megalon script with Godzilla and Gigan thrown in. This was supposed to be JJ's big break, yet he spends most of the film getting his ass kicked and generally needing Godzilla to bail him out.

It's like The Pumaman. Our "Hero" constantly needs his second fiddle to save his butt from the bad guys.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

Would someone be kind to tell me what the Japanese symbols/text for Jet Jaguar are?

EDIT: Never mind. I was able to find it.........
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

JJ is great. I had a substitute in High School whose name was literally spelled J. J. (we kind of looked it up......) and looked almost exactly like Jet- He always wore goofy clothing, always had a goofy haircut, and could not stop smiling. I would tell my friends he was like Jet, but they just laughed at me and never got the reference...... it's hard being a Toho/Kaiju fan in High School. I was well liked by everyone, but they always made fun of me..... It's such a good feeling when you're not a nerd in HS, 'cause bullies were nasty to them...... and now I'm rambling about HS.......

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

Post by The Godzilla Camp »

I always wondered WHY Jet Jaguar wasn't a candidate for the Heisei Series ... putting the Ultraman/Zone Fighter rip-off claims and such - given Jet Jaguar come to think of it was a nice robot Kaiju AND as a Big-G ally - plus the fact his H2H combat skills weren't too shabby - being able to beat Megalon abit AND even hurl Gigan up PLUS tag-teaming with Big-G 1973 to hand Megalon's ass to him ...

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I get why people might not like him but if you like how ridiculous he is than he's amazing. I'm glad he got some moments in the godzilla comics and the video games. Plus I like the song. People are referring to him as a mech, I wouldn't do that. He isn't piloted by anyone and he wasn't intended to be a weapon. He's a sentient robot with his own goals.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this but the weirdest part of Jet Jaguar is his size changing abilities. Like he wasn't programmed with them, I'm pretty sure he kind of tinkers with himself and says,"okay now I'll change size".
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I get why people might not like him but if you like how ridiculous he is than he's amazing. I'm glad he got some moments in the godzilla comics and the video games. Plus I like the song. People are referring to him as a mech, I wouldn't do that. He isn't piloted by anyone and he wasn't intended to be a weapon. He's a sentient robot with his own goals.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this but the weirdest part of Jet Jaguar is his size changing abilities. Like he wasn't programmed with them, I'm pretty sure he kind of tinkers with himself and says,"okay now I'll change size".
Hello again! Now that you mention it - can you imagine IF Jet Jaguar was in a tag-team with not just Big-G Showa BUT also:

1.) ULTRAMAN ... TIGA! Afterall Ultraman Tiga was one of the more popular Heisei Ultraman and his series had a respectable amount of episodes :)

2.) POWER RANGERS! No Joke here - given imagine a Megazord tag-teaming with Jet Jaguar OR the Rangers transfer their powers to form a hybrid armor suit for Jet Jaguar to power up :)

3.) Zone Fighter ... haha ...

4.) Goji Junior! Those two could make a nice team duo :)

5.) You may laugh at this BUT ... potentially with ... THE AVENGERS?! Probably Iron Man would cringe abit at this ...

6.) Justice League? I'd imagine Jet Jaguar slugging it out with Giganta for starters ... and probably 'flash racing (no sick innuendos intended' with The Flash :)

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

JJ would work with any version of Ultraman. It'd be a good doubleteam.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

edgaguirus wrote:JJ would work with any version of Ultraman. It'd be a good doubleteam.
He might have slightly more trouble with Ultraman Zero though - given Ultraman Zero is a stubborn fellow for an Ultraman ...

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I'm not a big fan of him in Godzilla vs. Megalon, I like him and Megalon kind of fine but there's nothing really unique about him in that movie.

However I appreciate him a lot more in IDW comics and video games. In the comics he uses his size-changing power to get out of a few binds or use it to dish out lethal harm. In the games we see him as this quicker and more agile fighter that can spin circles around slower monsters while wearing them down. We really didn't see either of those that much in his debut movie. So now I like him a lot more since other people used him more creatively.