Those unknown old men in Godzilla vs Hedorah

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Battra2346
Monarch Researcher

Those unknown old men in Godzilla vs Hedorah

Post by Battra2346 »

There's old creepy men looking at the end of life party at Mount. Fuji and then you see them again when Hedorah lifts Godzilla in flying form? What's their purpose? Are they dead spirits or just something thrown in for the hell of it?
It's a signature with words.What more can you want?

HayesAJones
Keizer

Re: Those unknown old men in Godzilla vs Hedorah

Post by HayesAJones »

I always just call them the "Adult of the Corn". And I figure they're to show the older generation's disapproval of the kids being stupid.

Considering the rest of the movie, they don't seem so weird to me.

James23873
Monsterland Worker

Post by James23873 »

I always assumed the scene was entirely up to the viewer to decide what was going on and what the message was, with no right or wrong answer. Kind of lke 2001 A Space Odyssey, since the film is so symbolic.
You know, Darth Vader cannot be Luke Skywalker's father. They don't have the same last name.
-Woody Boyd

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

HayesAJones wrote:I always just call them the "Adult of the Corn". And I figure they're to show the older generation's disapproval of the kids being stupid.

This. I would've said it before, but HayesAJones worded it in a sufficient manner; no need to repeat. :lol:
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Lionblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Lionblaze »

*Shivers* Was rewatching the movie a couple days ago and I saw those old people in the bushes again, creeped me out like always but I still think they were representing the older generation that is looking at how the younger generation is going about their ways in life and how they live. Something like that.
Shadow Area Record
Wins: 17. Losses: 14.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Tyler wrote:They were mad at the kids for playing the devil's music!
This.
They're probably Amish or something :huge:
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Starfishman
Monarch Researcher

Post by Starfishman »

I guess they were frowning upon the younger generation of ruining the planet

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Starfishman wrote:I guess they were frowning upon the younger generation of ruining the planet
Maybe... The bonfire, generators (for electric guitars, keyboards, etc.), and cars to get to their little Armageddon Woodstock couldn't have helped with the pollution.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Not to mention, it was all in the old boards....

Yeah, the movie is highly symbolic and stuff, and be the closest thing to a remake of the oringinal Gojira in the showa era....

....but it still sucks.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Tyler wrote:
Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:....but it still sucks.
Those old guys are gonna peak through your bedroom window tonight.
You make a lot of creepy threats on the behalf of creepy people, don't you? Is there some kind of creepy people's organization that you represent or something?

Battra2346
Monarch Researcher

Post by Battra2346 »

HayesAJones wrote:I always just call them the "Adult of the Corn". And I figure they're to show the older generation's disapproval of the kids being stupid.

I guess that is their purpose for when they see the younger generation doing that party but I don't get why they appear again seeing Hedorah lift Godzilla in flying form.
It's a signature with words.What more can you want?

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

The main thing I ahve against this film is how they make even the most interesting things seem boring. Its ahrd to describe, but I will just bring up an example. For the scene where Godzilla loses his arm save for the bone, it doesn't go 'Oh Gosh! Godzilla's arm is reduced to the bone!!!!!!', or even 'Hey, look, Godzilla's lost his arm!' but rather, 'um, okay, Godzilla's lost his arm, moving on....'
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

I mean, as in the tone of the whole incident. I don't need the people yelling and stuff, or even noticing it. I just want the music, the cinematography and the pacing of the scene to be appropriate for the incident. And its not just this incident. Its, like, nearly the whole movie.

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

I have to agree. Hedorah is an odd, off-the-wall movie. But overall, I find it to be a pretty damn GOOD movie. It's a headtrip, and I like that. It's one of the few showa movies I can watch over-and-over.
Proud father, husband, and son.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:The main thing I ahve against this film is how they make even the most interesting things seem boring. Its ahrd to describe, but I will just bring up an example. For the scene where Godzilla loses his arm save for the bone, it doesn't go 'Oh Gosh! Godzilla's arm is reduced to the bone!!!!!!', or even 'Hey, look, Godzilla's lost his arm!' but rather, 'um, okay, Godzilla's lost his arm, moving on....'

....What the hell does this even mean? :lol:
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

I told ya it was ahrd to describe....

But basically, what I meant was that had such a dull atmosphere throughout.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

I don't think "dull" is an appropriate word at all. There is nothing "wrong" with the film, it's just not your cup of tea is all.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Yeah, I guess that's the case. I watched this film twice and tried to gain some enjoyemnt out of it, but even the monster fights were just slow and boring, and the human characters were, while with potential, felt like a drag.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Well, after this lil' debate I decided to give this film another chance. I got to say, I enjoyed it ALOT more this time. Probably because I watched it dubbed (and I was busy looking for symbolism and stuff). The final battle is still boring, but I enjoyed most of the other parts alot more.

Legion, Goji, you can start gloating right now. :sigh:

Guardian7
Monarch Researcher

Post by Guardian7 »

Well if August says what he says then I guess it is best to believe him.
Course it certainly doesn't change the whole strangeness of it, irregardless of what it was suppose to mean.
When I first saw that scene I thought they were going to come out and attack them.

ACTUALLY... I got it!
They were Black Hole Aliens in creepy old men skins, studying Godzilla so they could perfect the design of Mechagodzilla... It's so simple... I don't know why none of us figured it out before... Go ahead and lock this thread now. Mystery solved!

LOL

G7