What if both Godzillas switched places?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
LegendZilla
Sazer

What if both Godzillas switched places?

Post by LegendZilla »

Hi guys, LegendZilla here with another idea. I know this may seem a little similar to another thread but I couldn't help but wonder something at the moment. What if the original Godzilla from 1954 and the one that first showed up in 1955 switched places? How do you think things would've gone differently? I for one believe that '54 would not have evolved into a goofball over time and maybe his methods of fighting would've been a lot more akin to the Heisei-style tactics due to his sheer bulk.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G1G4N_27
Yojimbo

Re: What if both Godzillas switched places?

Post by G1G4N_27 »

If GRA Goji switched places with the original, I think things would of been a lot different. Here are some things I think would be different.
1. GRA Goji (Now the Original) would be the goofy Godzilla (I mean, GRA Goji's eyes are on the front of his head)/the Gojira people dislike more.
2. '54 Gojira in GRA would most likely do better than the previous film (now with GRA Goji). The film would have to do with politics and death.
3. Child friendly Godzilla movies wouldn't exist. Basically these movies wouldn't exist: Son of Godzilla, Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster, All Monsters Attack, and any other films I missed.
4. Godzilla would've ended at DAM or ToMG. Probably the Heisei era wouldn't even existed, nor the Millennium era.
5. Gamera Heisei era probably wouldn't of existed. The Gamera Showa era was trying to get success from the Godzilla Showa era. Once Gamera hit the Heisei era, character development began.

Those were my five theories. BTW, how do I create a forum post? Sorry for being a newbie... XD
Last edited by G1G4N_27 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G1G4N_27
ImageImageImage

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

G1G4N_27 wrote:If GRA Goji switched places with the original, I think things would of been a lot different. Here are some things I think would be different.
1. GRA Goji (Now the Original) would be the goofy Godzilla (I mean, GRA Goji's eyes are on the front of his head)/the Gojira people dislike more.
2. '54 Gojira in GRA would most likely do better than the previous film (now with GRA Goji). The film would have to do with politics and death.
3. Child friendly Godzilla movies wouldn't exist. Basically these movies wouldn't exist: Son of Godzilla, Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster, All Monsters Attack, and any other films I missed.
4. Godzilla would've ended at DAM or ToMG. Probably the Heisei era wouldn't even existed, nor the Millennium era.
5. Gamera Heisei era probably wouldn't of existed. The Gamera Showa era was trying to get success from the Godzilla Showa era. Once Gamera hit the Heisei era, character development began.

Those were my five theories. BTW, how do I create a forum post? Sorry for being a newbie... XD
We're talking about in-universe stuff, not real-world stuff. So the events and films are exactly the same, except the GRA Godzilla is the one that attacks Odo Island and Tokyo, and is killed with the Oxygen Destroyer, and the 54 Godzilla is the one that battles Anguirus, Kong, Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah, etc.

And welcome to the forums :)

G1G4N_27
Yojimbo

Post by G1G4N_27 »

Ok LOL... Oh and thanks for welcoming me! It's nice to have a place just for kaiju fans.
G1G4N_27
ImageImageImage

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

G1G4N_27 wrote:Ok LOL... Oh and thanks for welcoming me! It's nice to have a place just for kaiju fans.
No worries, it's nice to see another Gigan fan :D

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Aside from attitude, I think there may not be much difference.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Both Godzillas appeared with very similar personalities. I think the 54 Godzilla may have gone through the same transformation and events would play about the same. Except there'd be trilobites all over the place.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

And probably a giant monster inspired by a trilobite.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

orga_000
Yojimbo

Post by orga_000 »

LegendZilla wrote:I for one believe that '54 would not have evolved into a goofball over time and maybe his methods of fighting would've been a lot more akin to the Heisei-style tactics due to his sheer bulk.
I believe that in universe, Gojira (1954, now 1955 and onward) would've proposed it self as a threat instead of dancing. Image

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

There'd probably be no difference whatsoever.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

Isn't the '54 Godzilla more radioactive?
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

I agree with LegendZilla, G54 would most likely act a lot like Heisei Godzilla, now since it's the shows era, Godzilla would start to exhibit more humanoid traits, but I believe it would stay to a minimum, no dancing, flying, and kangaroo kicks.

I do believe Godzilla would take in Minya, but wouldn't really have other allies to work with, beside an acquaintanceship with the other monsters, I see Godzilla doing things solo.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image