Showa Series: Head Canon & Theories

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Re: Showa Series: Head Canon & Theories

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Kong '62 and Kong '67 are two different members of the same species.
Last edited by SonOfGorgo on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:-Mogranda from Zone Fighter may be the same species as Gigan.

- The Showa Godzilla series does have pretty good continuity, in the form of where Godzilla is when a film ends and begins. Examples:*
* At the end of GTTHM, Godzilla and Rodan are left in the countryside- and in the beginning of IoAM, they are still in the countryside.
* At the end of Sea Monster, Godzilla is swimming in the ocean, and in the beginning of SoG, Godzilla is still seen swimming.
I know of course continuity is there, but I wanted to show some examples.

^Godzillafan1990s, that Hedorah theory is excellent!
Don't forget to mention that at the end of Raids Again, he is covered in ice, while at the start of the next one, he still is.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LegendZilla wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:-Mogranda from Zone Fighter may be the same species as Gigan.

- The Showa Godzilla series does have pretty good continuity, in the form of where Godzilla is when a film ends and begins. Examples:*
* At the end of GTTHM, Godzilla and Rodan are left in the countryside- and in the beginning of IoAM, they are still in the countryside.
* At the end of Sea Monster, Godzilla is swimming in the ocean, and in the beginning of SoG, Godzilla is still seen swimming.
I know of course continuity is there, but I wanted to show some examples.

^Godzillafan1990s, that Hedorah theory is excellent!
Don't forget to mention that at the end of Raids Again, he is covered in ice, while at the start of the next one, he still is.
Oh yeah, that too. Plus, when Godzilla vs Megalon ends, Godzilla is once again in the countryside- then in Zone Fighter , he's just hanging out in the countryside.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Damn, you sure can smell the knock-off in this thread :lol:
Well I just thought that point of the time, you hadn't made the thread so thought I'd make it in case you weren't going to.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

My in universe headcanon for why Godzilla changes design a lot is because of one of 2 things:

1. Perspective. Like Nightmare Gamera from Gamera 3, designs of kaiju can differ based on the perspective of people. Like how Godzilla '55 shares many traits with G'54 design-wise. 62 and 64 look menacing because he's still evil, but as time goes on, he looks friendlier because his personality has changed and people see him as a hero. Godzilla's in-universe appearance, (no perspective bias) probably looks like '54 or '64.

2. Regeneration. 55 starts off skinny and then gets trapped in an iceberg. Over the next 7 years he develops blubber to help him in the cold, hence why he looks fatter in 62. After coming to a warmer climate, he slims down in 64, and you can infer what happens throughout the rest of the films.
For Emperor and Empire!

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I've been leaning towards the idea that Godzilla can voluntarily transform his outward appearance to suit his current personality and motives. Minilla being able to change size in All Monsters Attack (which was NOT a dream but involved actual events that physically took place after Ichiro astral projected to Monster Island) is a manifestation of the same ability.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Ivo-goji wrote:I've been leaning towards the idea that Godzilla can voluntarily transform his outward appearance to suit his current personality and motives. Minilla being able to change size in All Monsters Attack (which was NOT a dream but involved actual events that physically took place after Ichiro astral projected to Monster Island) is a manifestation of the same ability.
That's pretty cool too.

Added in 7 minutes 57 seconds:
I'm going to rattle off some theories I have.

Megalon is the counterpart to Mothra, like Battra is in the Heisei movies. They're both giants insects and worshipped like gods.

Hedorah attacked the planet the Nebula M Space Hunter aliens were inhabiting, and rendered it uninhabitable. Gigan helped in that fight but was defeated.

The Gojira species has an ancient rivalry with the Titanosauruses, Anguiruses, Rodans, and Gorosauruses, and the ones in the films are the only members of the species left.
For Emperor and Empire!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Considering the damage Godzilla takes it isn't impossible that his regeneration and constant fighting is why his body changes.

Also a couple head canons.

1. G54 was Minilla's bio dad.

2.G54 was the Alpha of his family and Showa Goji was the omega and went around fighting all the time. He would have overthrown 54 Goji if he wanted but didn't want responsibility.

3. Godzilla showa when defeating Angurius in Raids again actually became the Alpha of the Angurius race which is why Angurius is loyal to him from 72-99.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

miguelnuva wrote:3. Godzilla showa when defeating Angurius in Raids again actually became the Alpha of the Angurius race which is why Angurius is loyal to him from 72-99.
That actually makes a lot of sense.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Minilla's a hybrid between Godzilla's species and some sort of subspecies, that's why he doesn't look entirely like Godzilla.

Gigan, and the rest of his species for that matter, was killed by Ghidorah when he came down to their planet. When the mind control broke at the end of Godzilla vs. Gigan, he remembered his murderer and attacked him,while Ghidorah wants to finish what he started.
Last edited by Gigantis on Sat May 02, 2020 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

The reason why James Bowen, Yuzo Kawaji and Sueko Togami from Frankenstein vs Baragon weren't in The War of the Gargantuas is because after the death of the Frankenstein monster, none of them wanted anything to do with Frankenstein's monster ever again. So they just continued on with their lives while Paul Stewart and Akemi treat the baby Sanda.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Hedorah is a known threat throughout the universe and many alien races fear it. The Nebulans were going invade in 1971 but they delayed when they discovered that Hedorah was currently on this planet. This ties into the theory as to why the Nebuans needed a new planet (Hedorah trashed it). Their plans resume however when they gather the news that Hedorah had been defeated by the inhabitants of this planet, including Humans, and a giant irradiated reptile, Godzilla.
For Emperor and Empire!

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

After films like Biollante and G2K...I assume ALL Godzilla's have an absurd ability to regenerate, Showa included

After films like Shin, I assume ALL Godzilla incarnations have a degree of 'constant mutation' to them.

Where they are(buried in ice, at sea or underwater for a long time, mostly on land on an island, hibernating under rock) greatly impacts their form, as well as factors like levels of radiation they've been exposed to and other dietary/consumption factors.

King Kong from King Kong vs Godzilla was eventually killed by Godzilla in the ocean, where Godzilla had a huge advantage. King Kong in "Escapes" was a different creature and we never see the original King Kong ever again.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Chrispy_G wrote:King Kong from King Kong vs Godzilla was eventually killed by Godzilla in the ocean, where Godzilla had a huge advantage. King Kong in "Escapes" was a different creature and we never see the original King Kong ever again.
Sounds great an all, but how would that explain why Godzilla washed up unconscious some time before Mothra vs Godzilla?
For Emperor and Empire!

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

VoyagerGoji wrote:
Chrispy_G wrote:King Kong from King Kong vs Godzilla was eventually killed by Godzilla in the ocean, where Godzilla had a huge advantage. King Kong in "Escapes" was a different creature and we never see the original King Kong ever again.
Sounds great an all, but how would that explain why Godzilla washed up unconscious some time before Mothra vs Godzilla?
Are you implying Godzilla was 'knocked out' for 2 years and washed up on shore, COMPLETELY UNNOTICED, at some point BEFORE Mothra vs Godzilla started? That between the events of King Kong vs Godzilla and Mothra vs Godzilla that Godzilla was just hibernating and floating around?

I mean...anything between the films is completely off-books. He could have killed Kong at sea, and then through any number of circumstances in the next 2 years still wound up where he began at the beginning of Mothra vs Kong.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Chrispy_G wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote:
Are you implying Godzilla was 'knocked out' for 2 years and washed up on shore, COMPLETELY UNNOTICED, at some point BEFORE Mothra vs Godzilla started? That between the events of King Kong vs Godzilla and Mothra vs Godzilla that Godzilla was just hibernating and floating around?

I mean...anything between the films is completely off-books. He could have killed Kong at sea, and then through any number of circumstances in the next 2 years still wound up where he began at the beginning of Mothra vs Kong.
I probably should've worded that differently. There are many sources that say that Kong did indeed, make it back to Faro Island.
For Emperor and Empire!

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

VoyagerGoji wrote:
Chrispy_G wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote:

I probably should've worded that differently. There are many sources that say that Kong did indeed, make it back to Faro Island.
THEN he died of his wounds :P

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Chrispy_G wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote:
Chrispy_G wrote:

What wounds :eh: he looked just fine.
For Emperor and Empire!

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

VoyagerGoji wrote:
Chrispy_G wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote:
What wounds :eh: he looked just fine.
Godzilla burned him pretty good, and he could have had all manner of slashes and gashes on his lower body that weren't above water...and if Godzilla attacked him a few more times on the way...or attacked him AFTER he got back to the island.

Either way....Kong is dead. Dude never shows up for the rest of the Showa era, and the one in Escapes is definitely not the same creature. That dude is dead.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Titanosaurs' fate is an unsolved mystery in universe with no one knowing if he is dead or alive.