Moguera Lightning Claws

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Moguera Lightning Claws

Post by Monster X »

I just wanted to ask something about the original Moguera.

I've looked up some old art work and seen the robot shooting electricity from its claw/shovels. As far as I can remember the robot dose not have that power in the film. What I wanted to know is if this was a cut power, like Showa Gigan's head laser, and not part of its official armament or is its like MG's nose flame throwers and projectile tail blade i.e. official weapons that were never use?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Moguera Lightning Claws

Post by Zarm »

Or just wacky art that was an artist's idea only.

I am very curious to know as well.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

US posters were especially known for taking liberties in terms of monster designs. This is a really minor example, actually.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

It's the same excuse for why Baragon has lightning breath in some US Frankenstein Conquers the World lobby cards. An artistic license and nothing more.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

UltramanGoji wrote:It's the same excuse for why Baragon has lightning breath in some US Frankenstein Conquers the World lobby cards. An artistic license and nothing more.
Hmmm yeah but actually the lightning breath was in a lot of Japanese promo stuff.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZlWpL9D8RRY/U ... 400/04.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-odKSa-wYzF4/U ... 400/03.jpg

Makes you wonder if possibly it was intended for him to have lightning breath, but was scrapped in favor of a standard heat ray. It could've also been artistic liscence cause it would look better than a flat beam on a poster. It also brings into account that a lot of the effects with things like beams were added later.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I'd call it artistic license. It just looks cool.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.