Favorite Aliens?!

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.

Favorite Aliens!

Mysterians
9%
Natal
No votes
Xiliens
49%
Space Hunter Nebula
11%
Garogas
3%
Black Hole Planet 3
23%
Kilaaks
6%
War in Space Aliens
No votes

Total votes: 35

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Aliens?!

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

So what are your favorite Toho Showa Aliens? I also included non-Godzilla film ones. My favorite one would have to the BHP3 aliens- they are pretty awesome. Vote once!
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Favorite Aliens?!

Post by eabaker »

Xiliens take it for me. Great costumes, great environments, batshit crazy plan for world conquest, and a delightful performance from Yoshio Tsuchiya.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

VamprisArachne
Monsterland Worker

Post by VamprisArachne »

I like the Space Hunter M guys, might be a little bias since I love Godzilla vs. Gigan, but the idea of big cockroaches wearing human skin suits is just the right kind of "creepy if you think about it too much" kind of thing.

Second place would probably be either the Black Hole Aliens or the Xiliens, both have great looks and are pretty memorable.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Xieliens for me, but note that you're missing the Hell Empire from War in Space.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Mysterians. Not the most in-depth by any means, but I love their tech and their leader had a genuinely intimidating voice (speaking from the Japanese version.)
I'd love for them to return, but otherwise, will cherish their one and only appearance.

How can you say no to subterraneous UFO's?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

MaxRebo320 wrote:Xieliens for me, but note that you're missing the Hell Empire from War in Space.
Ah thanks, haven't seen War in Space yet. Fixed.

Sorry everyone but you must vote again due to my mistake. :oops:

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

Destroy All Monsters is one of my favorite Godzilla movies so my vote goes to the Kilaaks.
It's also hard not to support an all-female alien race.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Sam
Yojimbo

Post by Sam »

Surely it has to be the X-Seijin from Invasion of the Astro-Monsters? Their own (improvised) language, weird glasses, barren wasteland of a planet, and the almost needlessly underhanded, cunning way they fooled Earth into thinking they were benevolent. The fact that their society is entirely run by a central computer is also a great concept. I know their spaceships are pretty atypical saucers, but the fact that they shimmer as if lit internally, and the scene in which they rise eerily from the lake, makes them unique.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I was tempted to give my vote to the Mysterians for their colorful aesthetic and the weird native language that can be heard just under their Japanese translation.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Looks like the Xiliens are taking the lead with Garogas and Natal falling behind with 0. Anyone dare to change that? :huge:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

The Aliens from the Third Planet of the Black Hole take my vote.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

While they're far too underdeveloped to by considered my favorite, I will say that the Hell Empire aliens do posses a fair level of threat and their Ancient Rome-based aesthetics are pretty neat. I just wish they weren't a simple "blow shit up" race.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I loved the dudes from Planet X, those strange mannerisms throughout the movie really made them stand out, it's no surprise they're in the lead, they had the most personality.
The kilaaks are just watered down versions of the Planet X guys, and the monkey men and cockroaches are essentially the same, but they were still cool too, cept the kilaaks, they're one dimensional as a fly fart
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

While I feel like the black hole three aliens are great in the first MechaGodzilla movie, the planet X aliens are just somewhat more cool, their mechanical mannerisms and nearly emotionless voices give a properly inhuman presence.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

The Kongfather
Yojimbo

Post by The Kongfather »

I like the races from Space Hunter Nebula and Black Hole Planet 3. I enjoy seeing what the creatures actually look like underneath, even if they're silly cockroaches with a fetish for machinery. The Black Hole Planet 3 aliens frightened me as a kid.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

The Mysterians, the original invaders. Without them we wouldn't have Moguera.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The Black hole spacemen. Their commander is such a cliché villain, but I like him for that.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

That's tough.. For me it boils down to The Mysterians, The Xilians, and The Black Hole Aliens.. but... Kuronama gives the Black Hole Aliens the edge. This guys pretty fly for a space guy.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I'll have to go with the Simeons. They just have such a colorful personality. They're great in a mustache twirling evil kind of way. Like the Mysterians they actually built their own super robot killing machine and didn't have to resort to the usual "mind control other monsters" shtick. Titano doesn't really count cause he was already mind controlled before the Simeons got involved. Plus those guys have style!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I love me some monkey men! Gotta love the Simians (Black Hole Aliens). Even more so with the international dub :P

Pretty close besides the fan favorite Xilian, have to be the Nebula M aliens. Not for design, but portrayal, especially the dub. They believe that humanity is screwing up the planet that they DO NOT us to repeat their home planets fate. Granted they go about it by beating us into submission but hey, noble goal, maybe. I can go on and post a really big paragraph but its 5:30 and i've been awake for a total of 24 hours now. D: