Whats Going On In The Showa Era Now?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Re: Whats Going On In The Showa Era Now?

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

BooLugosi wrote:
GodzillaBurgh wrote:I guess all the monsters on Monsterland are living peacefully. In case any other monster appear as a threat to mankind, they'll use the technology the Kilaaks used to control the monsters to face the threat. Then, the foreign superpowers will buy off the monsters for defense purposes or declare war. Bombs against bombs, missiles against missiles, and now a new force of destruction that is both unstoppable and powerful: monsters against monsters. Meanwhile, Mothra has hidden away onto Infant Island, seeing that humanity's arrogant and selfish purposes. Both the Shobijin and the natives once again lost faith in the unredeemable state of the human race and decide to not intervene. And then one day, control of the monsters will break, resulting in mankind's sealing its fate. But, that's just my fan thoery. :D
That would be an excellent way to revisit the Showa timeline in future movies.
Oh, why thank you. :D
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Godzilla and crew defend Earth from the Sunerians.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

The Red Bamboo are now basically ISIS and terrorizes Japan
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Since they can probably corral the monsters back on Monsterland like they could before 1999, so less spectacularly I think that's how everything is again.

I mean until more aliens come to Earth.
Last edited by Tohosaurus on Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

1976-1998 are pretty much the Showa versions of the stories we see in the Heisei Era, except with obvious differences.
Destroy All Monsters happens in 1999.
2000-2004 are the Showa versions of the Millennium era.

Minilla never ages into an adult
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

BooLugosi wrote:
GodzillaBurgh wrote:I guess all the monsters on Monsterland are living peacefully. In case any other monster appear as a threat to mankind, they'll use the technology the Kilaaks used to control the monsters to face the threat. Then, the foreign superpowers will buy off the monsters for defense purposes or declare war. Bombs against bombs, missiles against missiles, and now a new force of destruction that is both unstoppable and powerful: monsters against monsters. Meanwhile, Mothra has hidden away onto Infant Island, seeing that humanity's arrogant and selfish purposes. Both the Shobijin and the natives once again lost faith in the unredeemable state of the human race and decide to not intervene. And then one day, control of the monsters will break, resulting in mankind's sealing its fate. But, that's just my fan thoery. :D
That would be an excellent way to revisit the Showa timeline in future movies.
Imagine if that was actually done by Toho. A continuation of the Showa Era, just for one movie or two! That'd be so dope!
Image Image