Kilaak-Xilian Connection

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Kilaak-Xilian Connection

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Both the Kilaaks and Xilians come from planets between Mars and Jupiter. They are both advanced spacefaring civilizations, and so their proximity means they would presumably be aware of each other before they were even aware of the humans. How do you think this relationship worked? My personal idea is that one of them is the original species, and the other a colonial offshoot that later became independent. Probably the Kilaaks were the originals - I think after separating, the Xilians made themselves in cyborgs in order to allow them to never be forced into that snake-like form by low temperatures.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: Kilaak-Xilian Connection

Post by Ivo-goji »

Den Valdron suggested that all of the Toho aliens are the product of ancient Mu/Seatopia colonizing the solar system. The Kilaaks would be considered an artificial life form the Muans engineered to act as proxies for their creators on planets that were hostile to human life (which is the only explanation I can accept for how a race of slugs can construct sophisticated humanoid exosuits- the suits have to have always been there, and were created by human masters).

The Xiliens would be a faction of Mu/Seatopia that split off after their colony was founded; this also explains why they look like humans. Mu and Seatopia worshipped kaiju, while the Xiliens treat everything as numbers; the division could have been religiously motivated.

The other aliens fit into this model too. The Mysterians, an asteroid belt colony that was devastated by nuclear war, disfiguring their otherwise human bodies. The Natarl, another belt colony, possibly the Mysterians' attackers, possibly also malformed from the effects of nuclear weapons. The Nebulans and Simeons, extra solar servant races that became independent. The Nebulans even kept in touch with Seatopia throughout all those centuries.

The Peacelanders and Garoga could be distant colonies of Earth as well, though I haven't seen Zone Fighter so I don't know about evidence for or against the idea.

I particularly like this explanation for the Simeons. The hominids were genetically modified workers employed by the Muans to build their colonies, only for them to turn against and enslave their masters, planet of the apes style. Since their stolen technology was created by human scientists, they ended up being dependant on their slaves to keep everything running; hence why in both of their appearances the Simeons go to human scientists for aid with their own technology. The Simeons didn't CREATE the weapons they use.

This theory also neatly accounts for why so many aliens in the Showa series seem to use VHS.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Interesting, the idea of the Seatopians/Mu seeding the others does explains why they are all humanoid. This could potentially include the Venusians as well, although we don't know for sure what they looked like. A connection between them all also explains why they all share the 'monster control' technology. And also why they all invade Earth, trying to 'reclaim' the motherland. Although the idea that none of the aliens truly are 'alien' somewhat diminishes the fun for me. I would argue that within this framework you describe the Nebulans and Kilaaks are indeed proper aliens due to their greatly different biology, but were given the ability to assume human disguises by the Seatopians, perhaps so as to better integrate themselves into the societies of their colonial masters. I haven't seen very much of Zone Fighter, but I would think at least the Garoga also have an independent origin for their distinctive appearance.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I agree the Kilaaks definitely have that exotic, otherworldly quality that makes them fit the bill for being true aliens; but the fact that they apparently originate in the same solar system as Earth and its colonies makes me think a human origin is the 'smoother' explanation.

The Nebulans are an interesting case though. They're allies of Seatopia... who worship a giant insect god that has more than a passing resemblance to the Nebulans' Gigan. There might be a more complex relationship there, if the Nebulans were created by Seatopia- or if Seatopia's deity 'gave birth' to the Nebulans.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Both the Kilaaks and Xilians come from planets between Mars and Jupiter.
Actually, Planet X is located between Jupiter and Saturn. It hiding behind Jupiter is the whole reason why it went undiscovered for so long. The planet the Killaaks claim to hail from would've actually been a neighbor of Mysteroid, which blew itself to Kingdom Come in a nuclear war.

I say "claim" because the only thing that ties the Kilaaks to our system is their word, which isn't exactly the most trustworthy thing out there.
A connection between them all also explains why they all share the 'monster control' technology.
Dr. Mafune managed to come up with that technology independently on his own, why on Earth couldn't other races and civilizations do the same?
And also why they all invade Earth, trying to 'reclaim' the motherland.
I take it no one's considered the fact that, despite all the bad shit that takes place on it, Earth is pretty much an oasis in a befucked Universe? Like, let's look at the known invader homeworlds, shall we? Mysteroid: blown to Kingdom Come via nuclear war; Planet X: water supply depleted past the point of no return and razed by King Ghidorah; Nebula Space Hunter M: polluted to Hell and back and most likely besieged by a Hedorah; The Third Planet of the Black Hole: I don't need to go into detail about this one, do I?

In short: These fuckers all wanted to move because shit was getting real bad at home.
Ivo-goji wrote:I agree the Kilaaks definitely have that exotic, otherworldly quality that makes them fit the bill for being true aliens; but the fact that they apparently originate in the same solar system as Earth and its colonies makes me think a human origin is the 'smoother' explanation.
Bruh, they are living minerals. Ain't nothing "smooth" about a human origin there. And I'm gonna stop you right there with that "Earth colonies" crack, because there's absolutely zero evidence of such a thing.
The Nebulans are an interesting case though. They're allies of Seatopia... who worship a giant insect god that has more than a passing resemblance to the Nebulans' Gigan. There might be a more complex relationship there, if the Nebulans were created by Seatopia- or if Seatopia's deity 'gave birth' to the Nebulans.
Or maybe it's just coincidence and they both happen to share the same common goal of taking over the Earth before us human surface dwellers completely ruin it in our recklessness. I mean, come on, Godzilla happened and we're still testing nukes? Good lord, we deserve to be invaded.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

NSZ wrote:And I'm gonna stop you right there with that "Earth colonies" crack, because there's absolutely zero evidence of such a thing.
They have human exosuits and no thumbs to build them with.

With regard to the other aliens: Xiliens and Mysterians look like humans and originate from our solar system, which would be a coincidence of astronomical scale unless they were genetically related to humans, which is only possible if pre modern civilizations colonized other planets, which Seatopia appears technologically advanced enough to do.

Princess Salno is descended from Venusians. Humans can't successfully mate with our closest terrestrial relative, much less a being that evolved on another planet, so the Venusians had to be humans. Note also the Mysterian motive for marrying Earth chicks, and Glen's relationship with the spacewoman. No Mysterian/earthling half breed was documented, but if they were planning on having offspring with Earth women, the only way for that to work is for both to be the same species.

Also, the planets in our solar system aren't suited to the development of complex lifeforms, with the exception of Earth, so it makes more sense that the Toho aliens originated from Earth.

The Simeons live outside our solar system and are less human like, but the fact that they resemble hominids at all would likewise be an extraordinary coincidence unless they too originated from Earth.

The Nebulans are sufficiently alien and sufficiently remote that they could be true ETs, but the fact that Seatopia has them on intergalactic speed dial goes way beyond coincidence. Why does Seatopia even have a space phone? And why are they in contact with the Nebulans when most of the people on their own planet don't even know they exist? Do they have all the other space peoples' space phone numbers too? Why ask the Nebulans for help when they could have called somebody else? A common motive doesn't really address the situation here.

Added in 17 minutes 29 seconds:
Other observations: Planet X is barren rock where only the Xiliens live, there are no animals anywhere, the planet has lots of precious metals but little water. This looks like an uninhabited planet that got taken over by a mining operation.

Everybody except the Nebulans and the Garoga use stolen kaiju or robots. Are the bug people the only ones with native wildlife? But if most of the planets were lifeless when the aliens first settled them, and they evolved somewhere else...

Even the Simeons built their robot to look like an Earth organism.
Resized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Except its all some bull fan theory. There's absolutely nothing official on the matter. Besides aliens in entertainment mate with humans all the time despite having no biological connections. Star Trek is a prime example of this happening all the time.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Except its all some bull fan theory. There's absolutely nothing official on the matter. Besides aliens in entertainment mate with humans all the time despite having no biological connections. Star Trek is a prime example of this happening all the time.
Technically *pushes glasses up on the bridge of the nose*, TNG: The chase revealed that all humanoid life was seeded by a single ancient forebearer race, who found the universe to be empty and void, and wanted their successors to have the joy of actually have other sentient species to interact with, so they seeded various planets with the seeds of their won DNA, and the humanoids that develop there all share a common marker. Despite that, many species (such as human/vulcan and trill/klingon) actually do require 23rd/24th century medical technology in order to successfully reproduce (probably accounting for why there remain so many distinct races within the Federation rather than a homogenized colony of species that have all become one mixed congolmerate-race). :huge:
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Except its all some bull fan theory. There's absolutely nothing official on the matter. Besides aliens in entertainment mate with humans all the time despite having no biological connections. Star Trek is a prime example of this happening all the time.
I think we all know that. This is really just for fun.