What if the original Godzilla had survived?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Re: What if the original Godzilla had survived?

Post by Cybermat47 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:No, not really. Retcon is stupid.
Fair enough.

Personally, I like the idea of there being two Godzillas, working as a pack, and I'm surprised that it hasn't been done yet.

It would especially make sense in the Shōwa continuity. In Ghidorah, the Three Headed Monster, we see that Shōwa Godzilla is somewhat close to Humans in terms of intelligence and emotion, being able to have a debate with Mothra, then being convinced to fight by Mothra's near death. He even lets Mothra bite his tail, so he can drag her up hill.

Of course, later on in the continuity, Godzilla does attack Mechagodzilla before the fake Godzilla "suit" is destroyed, and you could make the argument that Godzilla didn't realise it was a fake. It's possible, even taking into account the information I posted above, that Godzillas are extremely territorial, and, like Ants, will attack other members of their own species (from rival packs) who enter their territory.

It's certainly an interesting topic.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Cybermat47 wrote:
Of course, later on in the continuity, Godzilla does attack Mechagodzilla before the fake Godzilla "suit" is destroyed.
That's because Anguirus called out to Godzilla, they explain it during the oil refinery battle
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
Cybermat47 wrote:
Of course, later on in the continuity, Godzilla does attack Mechagodzilla before the fake Godzilla "suit" is destroyed.
That's because Anguirus called out to Godzilla, they explain it during the oil refinery battle
I feel like Godzilla might have known regardless just by instinct.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

Since all the responses and possible scenarios have been quite interesting, I may do one of these for the Heisei series as well on the Heisei board. That version would have the same beginning as this one but instead of waking up in 55' OG sleeps until 84' and wakes up right after Heisei G is imprisoned by the eruption. Back to the Showa series, if OG and G#2 do not end up forming an alliance, I could actually see things being worse for humanity. The events could play out the same mostly but you'd have OG show up at places randomly or be at the right place at the right time to face some of G#2's foes before he has a chance to face them which could also change things. For example, I have a pretty strong feeling that OG wouldn't have allowed Gigan and KG both escape without likely killing one of them (likely Gigan) that is..If he followed Anguirus and G#2 from a distance, it's still pretty likely the Nebulans would attack him as well. I think he'd put his fight with G#2 and Anguirus on hold to kill one of the Space Monsters. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe he would be much more aggressive than G#2. I also see him killing both Jet Jaguar and Megalon if he again shows up at just the right time. Unless he's convinced by Mothra or G#2 somewhere along the way, I see a bleak outcome for most enemy Kaiju besides G#2. I think he'd kill most of them if he could and then continue his rampage around the world. G#2 could stop him at most temporarily but he'd keep coming back. Just my opinion of course.

Added in 2 minutes 1 second:
This is also assuming he retains his MO and aggressiveness from 54'.
Dedicated To Darkness..

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

55. G54 wakes up after a brief triple threat Showa Godzilla defeats Shodai Godzilla and kills Angurius. Both monsters come to terms and leave together.

62. Both Godzilla's return attacking the mainland. Kong encounters both Godzillas but before Kong is killed Mothra arrives on the scene saving Kong. All 4 monsters disappear.

64. Both Godzilla's return. Sensing the danger of her egg Mothra requests help from her Old friend Kong again. Mothra is killed and the larva hatch. After a lighting storm Kong fights Shodai Godzilla ending in Kong's death and G54's defeat. The twins defeat Showa Godzilla.

Later in the year Ghidorah arrives on Earth. The two Mothra twins swim to Japan who aid Rodan in the battle with the two Godzillas. Ghidorah kills one larva and is defeated.

65. Showa Godzilla and Rodan are taken to planet X, in the shock of mankind when Ghidorah, Rodan and Godzilla begin to attack Shodai Godzilla appears in the defense of the country. Due to 54's distraction the earth monsters are freed and Ghidorah is defeated again.

66. Shodai Godzilla sleeps in till Mothra arrives on the island. Escapes with Showa Godzilla.

67. Arrives with Showa Godzilla but only showa Godzilla adopts Minya, Shodai is more like a uncle that doesn't show much concern. Shodai Godzilla does leave Showa and Minya behind at the end of the film to sleep in the sea.

71. Knowing he is no match for Hedorah, Shodai returns and frees Showa Godzilla from hibernation, the two battle and defeat Hedorah.

72. Despite having his partner with him Showa Godzilla still brings a new Angurius with them. After Godzilla tower is brought down the two Godzillas and Angurius defeat Gigan and Ghidorah.

73. 54 Godzilla does nothing here as he sees Megalon as no threat.

74. After Showa Godzilla is defeated Shodai returns to help him and King Caesar face MechaGodzilla.

75. Realizing that 54 Godzilla is still in the game not only is MechaGodzilla repaired and upgraded but a second MechaGodzilla is brought in to help Titanosaurus get rid of the two Godzillas. Tokyo is destroyed but the black hole aliens defeated.

If not in DAM: Final scene of TOMG is of Shodai Godzilla dying out at sea.

99. If he does survive TOMG. Shodai Godzilla appears in Tokyo and then at Mt.fuji to help kill King Ghidorah.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

I think there's already a film that answers this. It's called Godzilla vs. Megaguirus.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

It'd probably be just like the Showa series we got only with him living and it being mentioned that its the original in GRA.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

One of them would be killed by either Hedorah or Mechagodzilla. Mothra, Rodan, King Kong, and King Caesar would likely form a sort of group for the sake of their survival, while King Ghidorah, Gigan, and Megalon would do likewise.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

G1G4N_27
Yojimbo

Post by G1G4N_27 »

The Royal SCP wrote:What comes to my mind is that the Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla and Tokyo S.O.S. would not have happened or would be vastly different, since MechaGodzilla 3 was built around the original Godzilla's bones!
It might've not even happened unless Toho decided to kill one or both Godzilla's off. Toho only decided to kill Godzilla off once in the Showa era and that was in Godzilla (1954).
G1G4N_27
ImageImageImage

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

It's certainly interesting to think about, I usually lean to the idea of Showa and Shodai Godzilla being brothers or just being the original Godzilla fully resurrected from a remaining G-Cell. More than likely as stated before, they'd be a pack and a good chunk of the battles in the movies would have ended quicker, Gigan probably would have been killed in Godzilla vs Gigan and Godzilla Tower also would have been dismantled quicker.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse