King Ghidorah's Origin

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
tlyon2
Yojimbo

King Ghidorah's Origin

Post by tlyon2 »

So I finally had chance to watch all the Zone Fighter episodes (in Japanese dubbing only) what a shame that they never got a chance to finish the series. I watched to see if I could learn anything new from the show but didn't find anything other then already knowing about Godzilla, Gigan and King Ghidorah showing up in the series.

So then I decided to look up to see if there may have been something about Zone Fighter I may have missed and to my surprise I found something interesting about King Ghidorah.

I've learn that some of the unmade scripts that they didn't get around to finishing or just throwing ideas around at the time mention about a pet dorat or multiple dorats. I was like wait they used these in Godzilla vs King Ghidorah during the Heisei series. I was unable to find out anything more then that just a name and that it was a pet or pets I assume that Peacelanders have on their former home world.

Does this mean the dorats are perhaps native to the planet Peaceland or perhaps some other near by planet and that the Gorogas were telling the truth when they said that they made King Ghidorah in the first place?

It sure seems to point that way, this blows my mind. We could have gotten to see both the dorats and King Ghidorah's true origin had they gone for another season of Zone fighter.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Re: King Ghidorah's Origin

Post by NSZ »

Tossed around ideas =/= the final product, and ideas that never saw the light of day is a whole 'nother kettle of problematic fish entirely.

I know the Garoga claimed to have created Ghidorah, but given that he never showed up again despite surviving, it's just more likely that the Garoga were all bark and no bite and were merely one of the many races to turn the planet killer into a tool only to inevitably lose control. I mean, hell, they enslaved Gigan, did they not? There's literally precedence here!

Heck, the series' abrupt ending could be easily explained away as being due to Ghidorah wiping out the Garoga in revenge now that they had far fewer Terro-Beasts at their disposal.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

tlyon2
Yojimbo

Post by tlyon2 »

That would actually make for a pretty good ending, after breaking control from the Garogas a 2nd time thanks in part to both Zone Fighter and Godzilla. King Ghidorah wipes out the Garogas HQ in space near earth and then continues his revenge all across the galaxy by wiping out the Garogas empire for the next 25 years or so.

This would make a good excuse as to what he was doing this whole time during the events between the tv show and Destroy All Monsters. We don't hear from the Garogas ever again because King Ghidorah took every single one of them out, including their home world which he saved for last.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Which is about what I figure he did for the Xilliens after Monster Zero.

Enslaving King Ghidorah: Seriously Not Worth It.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

The Dorats were only in the Heisei continuity, and when fused together they created an entirely seperate King Ghidorah. Also, where did you find out about an unmade script?
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

tlyon2
Yojimbo

Post by tlyon2 »

BlueGojira wrote:The Dorats were only in the Heisei continuity, and when fused together they created an entirely seperate King Ghidorah. Also, where did you find out about an unmade script?
I want to say Sci-fi Japan but I'm pretty sure that's not the one but there's a similar article that list many of the same things as theirs but with the added edition about the dorat being mention in one of the scripts they were thinking of using or didn't finish making.

I can't really remember where it is I was looking at so many different articles about Zone Fighter this past week, but if I found it once I'm sure I can find it again!

I wish I had saved it in the first place and posted it when I first found it! Oh well, live and learn as they say.

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

I actually like Showa Ghidorah better than Heisei Ghidorah...mainly because he's a badass from outer space, scourge of the galaxy...though Heisei is stronger, we don't truly know Showa's origins. I'm hoping the Monsterverse Ghidorah goes back to being a space monster. Always thought a movie with just King Ghidorah by himself showing his origins and maybe him destroying Mars would have been interesting.
Dedicated To Darkness..

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

BlueGojira wrote:The Dorats were only in the Heisei continuity, and when fused together they created an entirely seperate King Ghidorah. Also, where did you find out about an unmade script?
I think the claim here is that the Dorats were originally from a Zone Fighter proposal that was never made, and the Heisei movie actually resurrected that pre-existing concept to use in the movie, rather than creating it for the film.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!