What If Anguirus Killed Godzilla?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Kiryu2012
Keizer

What If Anguirus Killed Godzilla?

Post by Kiryu2012 »

This is a what-if idea I had recently: What if Anguirus killed Godzilla in Godzilla Raids Again? How would this affect the rest of the series?
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: What If Anguirus Killed Godzilla?

Post by SpaceG92 »

Kiryu2012 wrote:This is a what-if idea I had recently: What if Anguirus killed Godzilla in Godzilla Raids Again? How would this affect the rest of the series?
Anguirus would have been absolutely merced by Ghidorah and would have most likely ignored everything in between.

I doubt the military would have lured Anguirus to fight Kong and I doubt he and Mothra would have a scuffle.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Kiryu2012 wrote:This is a what-if idea I had recently: What if Anguirus killed Godzilla in Godzilla Raids Again? How would this affect the rest of the series?
Anguirus would probably go on a rampage, just like Godzilla. Or just go back to sleep, therefore leaving King Kong in peace, Minilla probably getting killed by Kamacurus, adult Mothra living, and Mechagodzilla never being built :shock: , and then I suppose a slight chance of MechaAnguirus??

It would most likely end with all the alien races battling it out on Earth; Xiliens vs Space Nebula vs BHP3 vs Kilaaks.

Frankenstein and Gargantuans would be unaffected. Same for other films such as Mantango, ect.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Nairbzilla
Samurai

Post by Nairbzilla »

Godzilla would just be reincarnated for Destroy All Monsters, like Anguirus was.
"A fandom divided against itself cannot stand."

~Abraham Lincoln, if he was a Godzilla fan

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

All is peaceful for several years as without Godzilla, GvKK and MvG does not happen. King Kong is free to live on Farou Island, and Mothra is free to oversee the birth of her children and to watch over them for a year.

Then, King Ghidorah descends. He causes more destruction as Mothra is forced to travel further to find allies to help her. Eventually, King Kong, Rodan, Anguirus, Mothra, and her two Larvae fight the destroyer of worlds. The adult Mothra is killed, and King Kong is discovered to be empowered by electricity, natural and manmade.

Monster Zero involves Kong and Rodan instead.

Due to the year of the adult Mothra watching over them, both Larvae live long enough to become adults. The two Mothras attack the Red Bamboo base, destroying the facility, saving the civilians, and killing the Giant Condor. Ebirah is spared, as neither Mothra went underwater, and is free to roam the world.

Minya, and the rest of the team on Sollgell Island, are killed by Kamacuras and Kumonga.

Everything is going well, until Hedorah arrives. Multiple kaiju take on the smog monster, and with the help of Humanity, Hedorah is stopped. Unfortunately, Kong and one of the Mothras sacrificed themselves to stop the pollution demon.

Gigan and King Ghidorah wreak havoc, until Anguirus, Rodan and Mothra fight them.

Gigan and Megalon are stopped by Jet Jaguar, Anguirus, and Rodan.

The Black hole aliens create a mechanical doppelganger of King Kong, as he was Earth's greatest defender. King Caesar is awoken, and in combination with Jet Jaguar, Rodan, Anguirus, and Mothra, defeats the robot. The wreckage of the alien weapon is taken and examined by humanity.

Mechani-Kong 2 and Titanosaurus arrive. In a brutal battle, the two are defeated, but not without loss. Jet Jaguar and Mothra are killed. Mothra had laid an egg to carry on her legacy. Titanosaurus is spared.

The year is 1999, and the Kilaak invade. After Earth's monsters are freed from mind control, the Kilaak send King Ghidorah. Jet Jaguar MK 2, built from the remains of Mechani-Kong, is deployed by humanity to fight. King Ghidorah is killed, and peace is brought to Earth.

I put too much thought into this.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

They freeze Anguirus instead until 1962, They have Kong drive away Anguirus at sea, they never meet on land and Anguirus just retreats. He doesn't fight Mothra.
Eventually Anguirus attempts to fight Ghidorah along with Rodan, Kong, and the new Mothra twins, Ghidorah retreats but one of the Mothra's dies and Kong likely dies during the rematch a year later, Mothra attempts to save her followers, Kong helps destroy the red bamboo but dies from the affects of the nuclear explosion. Minya dies and the Kamacuras/Kumonga overrun the island until either Anguirus or Rodan kill and eat the Kamacuras. One of them might kill Kumonga but be badly injured.

Hedorah can't really be killed 1v1 until zone fighter enters the scene, any monster that attempts to fight him either dies or is severely wounded, if they get Hedorah to the electrodes without cutting the power lines, than Hedorah dies while the other monsters live. Gigan, Ghidorah, and the Godzilla tower( or a similar replacement) overwhelm Rodan, Anguirus, and Mothra, even when the tower is destroyed, the earth monsters will be badly wounded if they are successful (Mothra likely dies so her egg can replace her). Gigan and Megalon are bested by Jet Jaguar, Rodan, and Anguirus. If MechaGodzilla is actually made(considering the black hole aliens have been helping Dr Mafune for a while, they likely find out about the Godzilla's) Anguirus potentially dies or just retreats, Mothra would likely die if she gets involved, leaving Rodan and King Ceasar to deal with MG. Assuming they won last time Anguirus, Rodan, King Ceasar, and Jet Jaguar fight MG2 & Titanosaurus, likely winning at the cost of Jet Jaguar and maybe King Ceasar.

1999 roles around and when the monsters fight Ghidorah, none of them have the strength to prevent Ghidorah from retreating again( Godzilla was the only one who could prevent Ghidorah from flying away for longer than a second or two, and Gorosaurus couldn't get to Ghidorah in time after the gravity beams drove him back.). Ghidorah destroys the SY3 and, with the help of the fire dragon, kills the remaining Earth kaiju and allows the remaining Kilaakians to take over the Earth.
Godzilla might not have changed most of the Timeline, But without his strength and determination, the future is far more perilous. King Ghidorah won't have any foe who can prevent him from flying away by 1999 and no one can stop Ghidorah if the Fire Dragon is loosed while he is still alive. One quick touch had Rodan steaming and in retreat, the SY3 could shoot it down, but if Ghidorah attacks the SY3 before they can incapacitate the Fire Dragon then it, and the remaining Earth kaiju, stand little chance of survival.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Billzilla1974 wrote:Hedorah can't really be killed 1v1 until zone fighter enters the scene, any monster that attempts to fight him either dies or is severely wounded, if they get Hedorah to the electrodes without cutting the power lines, than Hedorah dies while the other monsters live.
One could possibility argue King Kong if he gets charged during the fight. Will it still be a pain to touch Hedorah? Sure but I'd imagine Kong absorbing enough electricity from a thunder bolt combined with the electricity humans used to help Godzilla with to put Hedorah down.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Billzilla1974 wrote:Hedorah can't really be killed 1v1 until zone fighter enters the scene, any monster that attempts to fight him either dies or is severely wounded, if they get Hedorah to the electrodes without cutting the power lines, than Hedorah dies while the other monsters live.
One could possibility argue King Kong if he gets charged during the fight. Will it still be a pain to touch Hedorah? Sure but I'd imagine Kong absorbing enough electricity from a thunder bolt combined with the electricity humans used to help Godzilla with to put Hedorah down.
That's a good point. It didn't take long for them to figure out electricity would dry him out. I would assume at this point in the "alternate universe" they would be well aware of Kongs electrical abilities and use that to their advantage, perhaps charging him themselves.

I would think any bit of Hedorah he touched would dry out instantly.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Stevo_1985 wrote:That's a good point. It didn't take long for them to figure out electricity would dry him out. I would assume at this point in the "alternate universe" they would be well aware of Kongs electrical abilities and use that to their advantage, perhaps charging him themselves.

Indeed, I feel Kong would have what he needs to beat Hedorah through plot if he took Godzilla's place, granted not without a struggle that is.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Stevo_1985 wrote:That's a good point. It didn't take long for them to figure out electricity would dry him out. I would assume at this point in the "alternate universe" they would be well aware of Kongs electrical abilities and use that to their advantage, perhaps charging him themselves.

Indeed, I feel Kong would have what he needs to beat Hedorah through plot if he took Godzilla's place, granted not without a struggle that is.
Maybe that would be true, but I don't see him surviving after the nuke in Vs the sea monster, it's not like the Kong that fled from Godzilla's heat ray is going to survive a nuke as close as Godzilla was to it( This Kong isn't immune to radiation like the KKE one was).
Also Hedorah could always just stay out of Kong's reach while using eye beams/sulfuric mist to kill Kong from a distance.
Extra THICC!

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Billzilla1974 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

Maybe that would be true, but I don't see him surviving after the nuke in Vs the sea monster, it's not like the Kong that fled from Godzilla's heat ray is going to survive a nuke as close as Godzilla was to it( This Kong isn't immune to radiation like the KKE one was).
Also Hedorah could always just stay out of Kong's reach while using eye beams/sulfuric mist to kill Kong from a distance.
Yeah but it wasn't implied how powerful that nuke was.. and from what we saw just the island took the brunt of it. Godzilla (or in this case Kong) was off the island underwater by then. We saw Kong take the howvever many packs of dynamite literally in his face and it just made him grumpy. I don't think the island explosion would have effected him. That and while Kong did retreat from Godzillas ray the first encounter I think the same could be said for Kongs first encounter with Hedorah. Godzilla pushes on regardless of the injuries he incurs but Kong would most likely retreat scratching his head devising another strategy. I also think it's safe to say that he is more intelligent and agile then Godzilla. Hedorah is rather cumbersome in his final form.

By the time the inevitable final fight would arise I think the humans would have devised a strategy to A. Fry Hedorah or B. Charge Kong.

Added in 3 minutes 34 seconds:
Criminy this is turning into a FM.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

The problem with the electrodes could have been easily solved and Hedorah could have been defeated by the JSDF without any involvement from Earth's kaiju.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

The way I figure it, Anguirus would eventually go his own way, and Kong would return to his island eventually (King Kong always escapes. ;) ). By the time Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster rolls around, neither are really players- as King Kong isn't by that point in the timeline either (His problem is that he prefers to stay home, and lacks the mobility to respond to threats without days-long swims to get there, if he even becomes aware of the wider world's problems; his self-imposed isolation keeps him from being a major player unless the threat comes to him).

With Mommy Mothra and two larvae still alive, they go to fight King Ghidorah. Rodan, with no reason to come out and scrap with Godzilla (no such rivalry with Anguirus), lays low. The Mothras, already having a team, are unlikely to try and go convince Anguirus to join them- especially as the little one who had that idea in the film would just be one of the children following mommy's lead in this version. The Mothras are destroyed, potentially ending the Mothra Legacy forever (unless one of the larvae has the sense to retreat during this losing battle). Ghidorah slowly begins to destroy the world. If Anguirus runs into him now, or for some reason joined the earlier fight, he's also slaughtered. He leaves the scene for some time to recover from his injuries, or rot as a corpse, as the case may be.

At this point, Earth really only has a few slim hopes for survival. If things get bad enough that professor Mafune can put aside his hatred of humanity long enough for the pragmatism of survival, he may summon Titanosaurus and inadvertently become a hero of humanity. If conditions grow bad enough that King Caesar's awakening is triggered, that is a second possibility. The third is that the Seatopians discover that they will not survive King Ghidorah's ravaging of the Earth, and send Megalon up to try and stop him. (Of course, it is entirely possible that they will be safe in their underground vault, and elect not to interfere.)

In any case, my best money is on Titanosaurus, assuming that Mafune- who has already discovered him by this point in the timeline- actually has the technology to summon him at this juncture. (A fourth Hail Mary pass is that the world comes up with the idea of going and getting King Kong, an idea that they would have had at some point, except that the presence of Godzilla in the regular timeline never made them that desperate? Seems a little bit more of a stretch.) Regardless, whichever- if any- of these champion steps forward, along with Rodan (who can now see it's a matter of his own survival), and the possibility of a surviving Mothra larva, if one survived, go to drive off King Ghidorah, succeeding by a narrow margin. Earth has known significant destruction, as only that would motivate any of these three champions to come forward, so it's in a much worse state for all the films that follow. (I guess Godzilla's Revenge would be about the same. ;) )

At this point, this new champion takes the place of Godzilla in the Monster Zero story.

The already-ravaged world gets much grimmer as the terrorism of Red Bamboo escalates- possibly to a 'nuclear weaponry' level. However, this nuclear weapon attack may prompt the Seatopians to send Megalon up early if they haven't already, or it is possible is that a haler, hardier Kong that is not still recovering from his long battle with Godzilla might actually end up taking over Godzilla's role in Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster. ;)

Though Ebirah and the Red Bamboo will eventually be dealt with, the world is in an even worse state- ravaged by King Ghidorah, terrorist-nuked, and potentially extinct of Mothras. The slaves may or may not have ever made it off of the Red Bamboo Island, but there's a good chance that they all perished. Kamacuras and Kumonga battle for dominance of Monster Island, Minilla having perished... though the weather experiments work the first time, and may yield far more stable and usable results for the rest of the world instead of being curtailed by the events of the film.

And then Hedorah shows up, and it is... pretty much the end of the world.

It is possible that whatever Kaiju stepped forward to assist with King Ghidorah, and whatever survivors there are in the Kong / Rodan / Anguirus (if he is alive and now-recovered) / Mothra pool may band together and be enough to defeat Hedorah, but even then I don't know if any of them have the necessary skills. The best chance may actually be Megalon. If he wasn't dispatched earlier to fight Ghidorah because the Seatopians were safe, then he would be dispatched now, as Hedorah's massive proliferation of the seas would threaten the Seatopians as well. In this instance, his napalm bombs may be just what the doctor ordered for drying out Hedorah, and the world's best chance. If he was already on the surface to defeat the Red Bamboo just a few years before, it's possible that with the recognition that these nuclear attacks were from a terrorist organization rather than the world's governments, Seatopia and the surface even become allies. This is a best case scenario (we'll call it timeline branch Optimism A), in which Hedorah's rampage is checked pretty early on. If Megalon isn't dispatched until later, when the proliferation of Hedorahs threatens the Seatopians and all of the oceans, then they may be numerous enough that the world simply has no chance. Likewise for the Coalition of Kaiju. Any scenario that doesn't stop Hedorah within the same pre-hatching timeline the Godzilla ends here with the eventual destruction of the world, therefore Optimism A- while not the likeliest timeline- becomes the only one worth following.

At this point, with the Earth in much rougher shape than in the Godzilla series, it's hard to say if the black hole aliens would still find it desirable- but the Cockroaches would still fit right in, and this quite potentially leads us to the scenario where Megalon, hero of Earth, is the one to fight Gigan, the Cyborg Menace. But since King Ghidorah is backing him up, this would be the end of Megalon. At this point, it is either up to Titanosaurus- again, assuming that Mafune is able to summon him without alien help- who may or may not have been on the scene earlier, or else King Caesar being awakened to stop an alien invasion, the fate that was apparently such a threat to alien conquests of Earth that the black hole aliens later decided to proactively scour the Earth for the statue that could wake him. In fact, with Megalon's fall, it may very well take both of those Kaiju working in concert to check Ghidorah and Gigan's Rampage and the conquest of the Cockroaches, since Gigan and King Ghidorah make a pretty dangerous team to anyone that is not Godzilla.

Meanwhile, Earth that has been badly raised by Ghidorah, Hedorah, and atomic weaponry has its best shot in the weather control experiments from Son of Godzilla- assuming that any of the team made it off in that movie. With any luck, they conducted their experiment, then got the heck out of Dodge before the Kamacuras showed up at giant size. If so, are their efforts may begin to restore some of the damage the Earth at this point. This does have a downside, below.

Lacking Godzilla's help, Zone Fighter is killed; with extreme luck (timeline branch Optimism B), King Caesar (awake full time), Titanosaurus, and the newly-built Jet Jaguar can stand against the alien menaces he fought; in all other timelines, the aliens conquer Earth.

By this point, the ranks of the kaiju are pretty ragged, with both Rodan and Anguirus' survival up in the air, Mothra's highly tenuous, and Megalon definitely dead. With the number of alien rampages preceding a lot farther than they previously had and the radioactive damage from terrorist atomic bombs, I think there's a good chance that the Black Hole aliens would just say "To heck with it, maybe we can eke out a living on Planet X..." More than likely, Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla would not occur. If nothing else, we might end up with Mechatitanosaurus... and if that were the case, I don't think that any of the surviving Kaiju would be enough to save us. Thus the black hole aliens would inherit the earth after slaughtering Titanosaurus, Jet Jaguar, and King Caesar.

But the better option for this ravaged world is that they simply do not bother with Earth (timeline branch 'Optimism C') and both Mechagodzilla films never occur. (Ironically, if the weather control team managed to start restoring the Earth with their technology- they could even use an artificial lightning storm to help defeat Hedorah- that makes it desirable enough for the black hole aliens to come in and successfully take over. A healed Earth is a doomed, while a scarred Earth is the one that survives into this best case time.)

At this point, Destroy All Monsters ends up with a very small roster compared to the one from the film, as most of those Kaiju have already been killed. (Kong might have joined the group... but he hadn't in the main timeline, so...) They do manage to take down King Ghidorah successfully (at great cost), but few if any kaiju now remain on Earth. Truly, all monsters have been destroyed. (Except for Kong, still in ignorant, isolated bliss on his own island home).

Thus, the answer to the thread question is 'At best, a ravaged Earth and the near-extinction of Kaiju... with many different opportunities (and better odds) for the extinction of all life on Earth.

Added in 1 minute 55 seconds:
Stevo_1985 wrote: Criminy this is turning into a FM.
...Okay, someone needs to run this tournament ASAP. ;)
Last edited by Zarm on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

Bigger question, what if they remade the Varan suit and he played a bigger role in the battle with King Ghidorah, and Anguirus was just a small puppet back in the bleacher seats with Baragon, and Manda?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

It's almost kinda funny how without a murderous, radiation spewing jackass, the Earth of the Showa universe ends up being way worse and bleaker.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Ghidorah is a push over who never won a fight in his life. Showa Earth doesn't need Godzilla's help to beat him.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Stevo_1985 wrote:
Billzilla1974 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Indeed, I feel Kong would have what he needs to beat Hedorah through plot if he took Godzilla's place, granted not without a struggle that is.
Yeah but it wasn't implied how powerful that nuke was.. and from what we saw just the island took the brunt of it. Godzilla (or in this case Kong) was off the island underwater by then. We saw Kong take the howvever many packs of dynamite literally in his face and it just made him grumpy. I don't think the island explosion would have effected him. That and while Kong did retreat from Godzillas ray the first encounter I think the same could be said for Kongs first encounter with Hedorah. Godzilla pushes on regardless of the injuries he incurs but Kong would most likely retreat scratching his head devising another strategy. I also think it's safe to say that he is more intelligent and agile then Godzilla. Hedorah is rather cumbersome in his final form.

By the time the inevitable final fight would arise I think the humans would have devised a strategy to A. Fry Hedorah or B. Charge Kong.

Added in 3 minutes 34 seconds:
Criminy this is turning into a FM.
At the same time it wasn't implied that Kong even survived past KKvsG, for all we know he could've died from his radiation burns after returning to his island. I would like to assume that Godzilla was extra ugly in SoG because of the nuke in GvsTSM irradiating him again. Kong wasn't much more intelligent than 60s Showa G, after all he did "talk" with Rodan & Mothra, and by the 70s Godzilla shows far more intellect than Kong. King Kong is nowhere near as agile as Godzilla by the time he fought Hedorah, he was capable of moving at hundreds of meters a second, and only got quicker once he fought Megalon.

Also, Kong lacks the ability to catch Hedorah in the air like Godzilla did, meaning hedorah could play keep away & let his beams/sulfuric acid mist kill Kong.I highly doubt the humans strategy would've worked, King Kong's lightning powers didn't last nearly as long as the electrodes would require to kill Hedorah, so if Hedorah flew away once Kong threw a rock after his powers wear off, he wouldn't be able to stop Hedorah from escaping & regenerating until he was ready to murder Kong.

Added in 16 minutes 40 seconds:
Ivo-goji wrote:Ghidorah is a push over who never won a fight in his life. Showa Earth doesn't need Godzilla's help to beat him.
Bullshit, Three monsters weighing a combined total of 45,000 metric tons were knock off of Ghidorah by a simple twitch in GTTHM, and Zone Fighter was unable to overpower Ghidorah on Earth, requiring the extreme gravity of Jupiter to aid him. None of the monsters in DAM except Godzilla could prevent Ghidorah from flying away & either killing the remaining monsters from the air or recuperating till he could attack again. Gorosaurus wasn't able to prevent Ghidorah from flying for more than a second or two, and you all saw what happened when Anguirus attempted to prevent Ghidorah's departure. Godzilla is 10,000 tons lighter than Anguirus, yet unlike the other two he was capable of preventing Ghidorah from leaving for nearly 20 seconds.
Ghidorah usually stomps other monsters individually, and even when fighting several monsters, it took the might of Godzilla to force Ghidorah back down for Gorosaurus & Anguirus to start wailing on him.

Added in 7 minutes 28 seconds:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:It's almost kinda funny how without a murderous, radiation spewing jackass, the Earth of the Showa universe ends up being way worse and bleaker.
Indeed, even if he is an insane piece of shit, you'd be better off with him on your side than the half dozen asshole alien races who want your entire planet enslaved or destroyed. :lol:
Extra THICC!

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Thinking about it, most of the aliens were pretty much toast before Godzilla got to them because of human interference.

The Xiliens were already taken care of by the human protagonists before Godzilla and Rodan got to fight Ghidorah. In a scenario where Godzilla is absent, almost any Earth kaiju could have fought off Ghidorah, if he didn't leave the planet of his own volition after the mind control was broken.

The Nebulans were pretty vulnerable and the hippies probably could have killed them even without Godzilla and Anguirus to provide a distraction. If Angurius had to fight Ghidorah and Gigan alone it could get ugly, but if the humans kill the Nebulans they have no reason to stick around in the first place.

In GvsMG Nanbara and co successfully blow up the Simeon underground lair all on their lonesome. Without the spacemen to give MG orders or provide repairs to his body the robot isn't much of a threat and King Scissor probably beats him mono-a-mono.

In Terror of MG, Interpol agents raid the Simeon stronghold and kill everybody, MG is once again deprived of his controller and Titanosaurs is made vulnerable by the supersonic wave generator. In that situation the JSDF could easily have mopped up the two of them with no outside aid from any kaiju.

DAM would play out the same way it originally did, Godzilla or no Godzilla.

That basically leaves Godzilla vs Megalon as the one time humanity was really unable to deal with the invaders directly. Of course by that time Jet Jaguar had plenty of options for allies to call upon, and its not like Gigan and Megalon were the most unstoppable threat ever.
Resized Image

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Billzilla1974 wrote:
At the same time it wasn't implied that Kong even survived past KKvsG, for all we know he could've died from his radiation burns after returning to his island. I would like to assume that Godzilla was extra ugly in SoG because of the nuke in GvsTSM irradiating him again. Kong wasn't much more intelligent than 60s Showa G, after all he did "talk" with Rodan & Mothra, and by the 70s Godzilla shows far more intellect than Kong. King Kong is nowhere near as agile as Godzilla by the time he fought Hedorah, he was capable of moving at hundreds of meters a second, and only got quicker once he fought Megalon.

Also, Kong lacks the ability to catch Hedorah in the air like Godzilla did, meaning hedorah could play keep away & let his beams/sulfuric acid mist kill Kong.I highly doubt the humans strategy would've worked, King Kong's lightning powers didn't last nearly as long as the electrodes would require to kill Hedorah, so if Hedorah flew away once Kong threw a rock after his powers wear off, he wouldn't be able to stop Hedorah from escaping & regenerating until he was ready to murder Kong.
There is definitely more proof to suggest Kong survived. For one Toho even stated that Kong was the victor. Two at no point in the final fight did he look to suffer from radiation poisoning even being exposed to it earlier in their first fight nor is it ever suggested. I also think you're giving the GvSM nuke too much merit. I see it nothing more then a plot device to convey an urgency to get off the island. SoG suit is just redesigned to portray a more friendly father figure Godzilla. I still stand by my opinion Kong is quicker and more agile, we've seen him run. We've seen him tumble roll. I also stand by my opinion he is more intelligent. Using his surroundings, throwing rocks, hiding, trees down the throat etc. Also even when Kong is charged it's not just his electric charge power that is attained but his overall strength is boosted, evident by swinging Godzilla by his tail and judo flipping him like a rag doll. When Kong was charged Godzilla was on the defensive completely. Wether it be a lightning storm or human created a charged Kong will emerge the victor. Acid mist won't kill him just like it didn't kill Godzilla. His crimson beam may slow Kong down but it won't kill him and Hedorah won't just spam acid mist and crimson beams. And like you suggested if Hedorah flees and reconstitutes this is just more time for Kong to heal and the humans to develop better tech to aid Kong and destroy Hedorah as they just witnessed it.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Billzilla1974 wrote: Also, Kong lacks the ability to catch Hedorah in the air like Godzilla did, meaning hedorah could play keep away & let his beams/sulfuric acid mist kill Kong.I highly doubt the humans strategy would've worked, King Kong's lightning powers didn't last nearly as long as the electrodes would require to kill Hedorah, so if Hedorah flew away once Kong threw a rock after his powers wear off, he wouldn't be able to stop Hedorah from escaping & regenerating until he was ready to murder Kong.
Not to mention that every delay allows him to fet bigger and more powerful, and maybe reproduce. If Hedorah escapes defeat that night, he may be undefeatable in future encounters.

Added in 3 minutes 46 seconds:
Ivo-goji wrote:snip
I think this is a vast underestimation of the various kaiju (except maybe Ghidorah). And outside of 70s Godzilla, Gigan and Megalon are actually pretty lethal. The alien forces might fall... but the kaiju they bring along, not so easily.

Added in 15 minutes 1 second:
Stevo_1985 wrote:Acid mist won't kill him just like it didn't kill Godzilla.
Why not? The atomic breath set him on fire; he lacks Godzilla's durability or regeneration. Why would his significantly-softer hide protect him to the same level as Godzilla's?
Stevo_1985 wrote:And like you suggested if Hedorah flees and reconstitutes this is just more time for Kong to heal and the humans to develop better tech to aid Kong and destroy Hedorah as they just witnessed it.
Only Hedorah absorbs more pollution and increases in power with every rest. Any such delay means Kong would be facing an even tougher, bigger, more unstoppable Hedorah.

But I'm telling you guys: Kong isn't going to get him involved. Unless you kidnap him to come fight each kaiju, he just wants to stay on each island. He'd have no reason to know about Hedorah until its army gets as far as Kong's island, by which time it's far too late.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!