What If Anguirus Killed Godzilla?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: What If Anguirus Killed Godzilla?

Post by Zarm »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:I really like this post, by the way. Almost makes me wish IDW would make this a comic series.
Thanks!I have to admit, I was thinking much the same thing- 'IDW could make this a really cool AU series, if anyone was brave enough to take a risk on the absurd universe where skreeonking Megalon became Earth's champion!' ;)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Someone needs to write a KWC, or a series of them, about this. Maybe a KWCE, that would mean you could use all the Showa versions of the monsters.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Someone needs to write a KWC, or a series of them, about this. Maybe a KWCE, that would mean you could use all the Showa versions of the monsters.
Hmmmmmmm...

No, Zarm, you don't need another project right now, you don't need another project right now, you don't-

I might have to look into this.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

If Angurius was strong enough to kill Godzills then he should be strong enough to replace him in the showa series.

I see everything going to Hell at two points.

Hederah and a possible MechaGodzilla or MechaAngurius.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

Here's my two cents about the Kong VS. Hedorah debate. Hedorah wins and the Earth is totally screwed. Here's why. Scenario #1. The only reason Hedorah's weakness was exposed was because of an experiment proving it. The experiment was done after Hedorah was witnessed sparking after Godzilla hit him with his atomic breath. Had Godzilla not done this, there would have been no urn to collect and the circumstances would have changed. More than likely the boy (Ken) would not have suggested drying it out since things changed and no experiment took place. If it did, it would have been much later and Hedorah would have been as big as King Ghidorah...possible even bigger. Scenario #2. They still end up discovering Hedorah's weakness in the same manner as before and things play out pretty much the same...that is until near the end when Hedorah gets fried the first time. Either A. The machine doesn't come back on in time to badly wound Hedorah and so he escapes and recoupes or B. the electrodes somehow manage to work even without Godzilla's atomic breath but still result in the same outcome. Hedorah flies away and Kong is unable to catch him. Regardless, IMHO, a badly wounded Hedorah escapes to the ocean where he remains hidden to heal, avoiding Japan or any land for that matter. He quickly heals after finding alot of pollution or maybe he finds several offshore oil rigs and sucks them dry. Whatever he ends up doing, he heals and then continues to grow larger until he is so massive that he is basically unstoppable. He would then return to land and probably take care of any opposition quite easily. He would also (most likeky)know to avoid and destroy any electrodes he came across in the the future. Humanity would be doomed as he would be too large by then for any kaiju to handle. That's what I think anyway. All because Anguirus was the victory. It caused such a huge butterfly effect that Hedorah was basically unchecked and grew massive, possible spawning off more Hedorah's which would also grow, then merge and repeat. The final gasp of humanity would see a Hedorah over 300 meters tall or larger along with it's offspring giving off such a massive amount of poisonous fumes that it chokes out the light of the sun and causes a global greenhouse effect that leads to an agonizing end for the few who manage to survive his wraith; Or escape to some sort of shelter. Without Godzilla, I just don't see Hedorah ever being stopped.
Dedicated To Darkness..

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Kaeyas wrote: Snip.
That sounds exactly correct.

And like a much more depressing IDW miniseries. :)

Maranatha!

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

I think Hedorah is one of the most underrated kaijus. The main thing that ruins it for people is the G flying scene. However, without flying, Godzilla would have never caught Hedorah and it's very likely the same scenario I just covered with Kong would have played out if Godzilla had been unable to prevent his retreat. G was already pretty badly wounded and I doubt he would have stood much of a chance against a fully recovered, much larger and much wiser Hedorah. If Anguirus replaced Kong as the main opposition to Hedorah, he would have been killed pretty early on I believe. In a weird twist, it might be Ghidorah and or Gigan who ended up accidently saving humanity as collateral if they happened to cross paths with Hedorah before he could kill everyone and grow to 300 metres or more. I kind of doubt this though and I don't even know that Ghidorah or Gigan could kill Hedorah. Gigan, probably not as he's part cyborg he would be extremely susceptible to Hedorah's corrosive weapons. Ghidorah might be able to kill him though if his gravity beams were electrical in nature which I don't know for sure. If so, the Nebulans would most likely enslave most of humanity or keep them around for "uniform" but I suppose being alive under a tyrannical cockroach alien faction is better than slowly choking to death.
Dedicated To Darkness..

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:One thing I think everyone is forgetting here. You guys keep saying "Anguirus would get his ass kicked by Ghidorah" or "Anguirus isn't tough enough to do this," etc. But doesn't anyone remember what the title of this thread is?

In this universe, Anguirus killed Godzilla.

Clearly, this Anguirus is a force to be reckoned with. If he can kill Godzilla, he might just be able to stand up to later threats.
Not to mention this would be the 1955 Anguirus, who has proven to be a far more vicious and effective fighter than his 60's counterpart.

Also, everyone here is forgetting that the adult Mothra wouldn't be present by the time of GTTHM. She was already dying of old age in MvG.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
TitanoGoji16 wrote:One thing I think everyone is forgetting here. You guys keep saying "Anguirus would get his ass kicked by Ghidorah" or "Anguirus isn't tough enough to do this," etc. But doesn't anyone remember what the title of this thread is?

In this universe, Anguirus killed Godzilla.

Clearly, this Anguirus is a force to be reckoned with. If he can kill Godzilla, he might just be able to stand up to later threats.
Not to mention this would be the 1955 Anguirus, who has proven to be a far more vicious and effective fighter than his 60's counterpart.

Also, everyone here is forgetting that the adult Mothra wouldn't be present by the time of GTTHM. She was already dying of old age in MvG.
Gtthm took place at most 11 months after MvG and Mothra was waiting to die. You can argue either way.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I love Anguirus, and a franchise with him would be fun. I'm just not sure if it would have worked.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Godzilla Raids Again
The ending of Raids Again more or less happens the same way, though a few less planes might get shot down on account of Anguirus lacking a beam weapon.

King Kong vs. Godzilla
I can imagine most of the film up to about the halfway point happens pretty much exactly the same way just with Annabel in place of Godzilla. Remember that their temperaments and habits at that point were more or less identical, so the attack on the military bases still happen and Kong is still brought over from his island for the same reasons. The change however is that the fight happens much quicker as Annabel does not have any projectile weapon to scare Kong off with. Meaning that first altercation ends in a fist fight right off the bat. What exactly happens after this actually is fairly debatable. Kong would not get his electricity boost as there was no lightning storm that day nor any big power lines nearby, and although Annabel got a reputation as a punching bag later in the Showa series, he actually did fairly well against Godzilla throughout the second movie until the very end of the Osaka battle. Either one of them might kill the other or at the very least give them enough trouble to drive them off. King Kong wouldn’t have any reason to stay in Japan and would leave for his island the first chance he got, meeting Annabel would probably rampage for a time if he was the victor or it ended in a draw. However as a big reason he came to Japan in the first place in the second movie was because he was chasing Godzilla, he probably doesn’t have the same reasons to stick around the Godzilla would so Annabel would also bid his leave.

Godzilla vs. Mothra
Assuming no events happen that would change the offer side of the story, more or less the film would probably happen exactly as it did before with the exception of the very ending. The adult Mothra was weakened and old meaning she was probably going to die anyways, however without the atomic breath being a factor both of the larvae might survive to the next movie (as it is a common fan theory that the reason one of them died was injury sustained by getting blasted). Anguirus gets the snuggie and is thrown into the sea to bugger off.

Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster
Oddly enough this film would both change the least until it changes the most. While Godzilla has this big reputation for being Ghidorah’s rival, he really didn’t use any of his unique abilities in this fight. Didn’t even use the atomic breath once. Showa Ghidorah is powerful, but frankly has horrible hand-to-hand combat skills and more or less relies on being tanky and spamming the beams. Anguirus what also get territorial towards Rodan and a fight breaks out between them. However, one change that might happen is that now that there are two Mothra larvae, one of them might go to Faruo Island to recruit Kong’s help. Kong, while not necessarily nice is far less of a jackass than Godzilla and Rodan were at the time, and might agree to help given his island would also be at stake and there wouldn’t be any copyright police keeping Ghidorah from attacking it. The five dogpile King Ghidorah and this might be enough to kill him as now the doubled-up webbing means Ghidorah is going to get bogged down quicker and Rodan is around to knock him down should he get airborne. And unlike in the film where there was only really Godzilla in the group who was big enough and strong enough to at least fight Ghidorah on the ground, now there is the combined force of Anguirus and Kong with Rodan assisting. If DAM Ghidorah could get mauled to death by Gorosaurus, Godzilla, and Anguirus with minimal help from Minya and Rodan; I think the combined force of Kong, Rodan, Anguirus and two Mothra might do the trick. It’s a raid boss fight and they’d all take some hefty damage, might lose one or two, but Ghidorah goes down after the first encounter.

Eel221
GPN Volunteer

Post by Eel221 »

Godzilla raids again - after the death of Godzilla, the movie plays out the same, except for Anguirus replacing Godzilla. And in the finale Anguirus burrows his way out of the ice and swims away, presumably to sleep after the exhausting battle and failed ice operation.

King Kong vs. Anguirus - since Anguirus is one spiky fella, Kong would have problems with punching or throwing him around. On other hand, Anguirus doesn't have any ranged attacks, making this fight somewhat easier for the primate. It's hard to decide the winner, but since Kong gets electrical powers later, he could win again or have a clear draw.

Mothra vs. Anguirus - once again Ang has no ranged attacks, Mothra could fight him longer. Maybe the egg could hatch in time and moth family just coats the ankylosaur in silk and throw him far away.

Ghidorah, the three-headed monster - Ghidorah attack the Earth, Mothras begs Rodan and Anguirus to join them. Since Anguirus is still bitter about the previous events, he fights both Mothra and Rodan. Only sudden arrival of Ghidorah on the scene could calm him down. Together they beat the alien adversary, with adult Mothra unfortunately dying to him.

Anguirus vs Monster Zero - Movie plays out exactly the same with Anguirus replacing Godzilla. Right down to the victory dance. From that point I believe not much can change until the...

Son of Godzilla - Anguirus finds an egg belonging to one of Godzillas, fends off the Kamacuras pack, fights Kumonga and raises Minilla, who never learned to use his atomic breath and tends to aggressively fight by his claws and teeth. Also he walks on all fours. That's why Minilla beats Gabara on his own. Anguirus shows up to finish and kill the electric ogre monster.

Anguirus vs. Hedorah - Anguirus could die, returning the series to Godzilla. But hey, it's Anguirus' thread! After a very long and vicious battle, Anguirus pushes the smog monster on electric cables, causing him to dry up.

Anguirus vs. Gigan - They can bring back much more mature Minilla, he could be called Godzilla Jr. now. Rodan also joins the fight. With combined efforts of three Earth monsters, King Ghidorah is fended off and Gigan is killed.

Anguirus vs. Megalon - Due to Gigan dying, he no longer appears in the movie. The beetle realises that help isn't coming, so he fights very vicious. The famous tail kick scene is replaced by Anguirus rolling into a ball and slamming into Megalon, which looks less humorous. In the end, the seatopian god burrows away.

Anguirus vs. Mechanguirus, a whole new monster is being introduced - Anguirus' robotic doppelganger, who can shot out spikes from its robotic shell and fire beams from its eyes and mouth. The battle would be really difficult, but in the end Anguirus and Caesar manage to lure him into a canyon. A huge rock is dropped on robot's head, partially destroying it... thus making it easier to make Mechanguirus II.

THE DINOSAUR WARS - TERROR OF MECHANGUIRUS - The movie goes exactly the same, but with few twists - Mechanguirus now has drills, and Anguirus has brought Rodan with him. Rodan is later killed in the battle, and his last attack is crashing into the Simeon base. Both Mechanguirus and Titanosaurus lose control, and if aquatic dinosaur stops his battle, Mechanguirus goes full berserk. Anguirus and Titanosaurus team up and develop a plan, where Titanosaurus is distracting Mechanguirus, while the actual Anguirus goes underground and suddenly attacks the mechanic menace. It works and dinosaurs finish Mechanguirus off by mangling him and using his served (but still alive) head to destroy the body. The head is later crushed again. yes, I really want Titanosaurus to live

DESTROY ALL MONSTERS - All monsters of the world are caught and placed on the Monster Island, including Anguirus, a new Rodan, Baragon and many more... how handy for Kilaaks. The movie plays out the same except for the finale. Anguirus, Gorosaurus, Titanosaurus, Baragon, Rodan and Mothra (adult) wait for King Ghidorah at Mount Fuji. As he lands, other Earth monsters pop out. Varan, Manda, Godzilla Junior, Kumonga, Kamacuras, Maguma, even Giant Condor appears everyone attack the three headed dragon. But Kilaaks still have some tricks up the sleeve. To show their power as a final boss of Showa era, these aliens attacked Seatopia, enslaved Megalon and used him to destroy it all, how ironic... And now Megalon is King Ghidorah's ally. Together they fight the large group of Earth monsters. They do rather well, even killing some of them, but eventually they are defeated and killed. Anguirus lets out a triumphant roar. Kilaaks have been defeated, monsters return to the island, peace in the world. For now.

Anguirus become the face of this franchise, the end.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

If Anguirus had won in GRA, wouldn't he have eventually crossed paths with the OTHER Angurius?

I mean he pretty definitively died in GRA, and the one that shows up later is another Anguirus (much like how the Godzilla in all the Showa sequels is the 2nd Godzilla).

So because of that, its likely that the two Angiruses...Anguiri...(???) would have met up and how would that meeting have gone?

Well, it would have resulted in them trying to get a food, a fight, or something more intimate. :D
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Humanity is destroyed by King Ghidorah, as Rodan and Mothra won't be enough to beat him in Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster. Well, unless Showa Kong with his electric absorption powers can stop him when/if he pays Faro Island a visit.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

godjacob wrote:Humanity is destroyed by King Ghidorah, as Rodan and Mothra won't be enough to beat him in Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster. Well, unless Showa Kong with his electric absorption powers can stop him when/if he pays Faro Island a visit.
Angurius would have outlasted Ghidorah long enough for Rodan to win the same way in Gtthm. Now Angurius and Rodan might lose in MZ however.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

miguelnuva wrote:
godjacob wrote:Humanity is destroyed by King Ghidorah, as Rodan and Mothra won't be enough to beat him in Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster. Well, unless Showa Kong with his electric absorption powers can stop him when/if he pays Faro Island a visit.
Angurius would have outlasted Ghidorah long enough for Rodan to win the same way in Gtthm. Now Angurius and Rodan might lose in MZ however.
That's assuming Anguirus & Rodan even work together like Godzilla & Rodan did. Anguirus might not even be around to bump into Rodan like Godzilla was.

And technically Godzilla & Rodan lost to KG in MZ so Anguirus & Rodan would defiantly lose in MZ.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

godjacob wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
That's assuming Anguirus & Rodan even work together like Godzilla & Rodan did. Anguirus might not even be around to bump into Rodan like Godzilla was.

And technically Godzilla & Rodan lost to KG in MZ so Anguirus & Rodan would defiantly lose in MZ.
Godzilla and Rodan won according to Toho. I personally feel the Ghidorah storyline works better if he wins in MZ but Toho says he loses.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

miguelnuva wrote:I personally feel the Ghidorah storyline works better if he wins in MZ
How so?
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

miguelnuva wrote:
godjacob wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

Godzilla and Rodan won according to Toho. I personally feel the Ghidorah storyline works better if he wins in MZ but Toho says he loses.
Godzilla & Kong fall in the ocean, Kong surfaces and heads back home as Godzilla doesn't surface.
Toho: Kong wins clearly.

Godzilla, Rodan & Ghidorah all fall into the ocean, Ghidorah surfaces and heads back home as Godzilla & Rodan do not surface.
Toho: Well I mean Godzilla & Rodan won, obviously.

Added in 1 minute 9 seconds:
Terasawa wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:I personally feel the Ghidorah storyline works better if he wins in MZ
How so?
Probably to help keep him a credible threat. Him winning in MZ would help to make him come off as imposing for future appearances in particular Destroy All Monsters.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Terasawa wrote:
How so?
It makes his return in DAM seem more intimidating. I call Gthhm, Mz and Dam the Ghidorah trilogy so it goes from Godzilla, Rodan and Mothra just barely winning in the first film, Godzilla and Rodan losing in the next and then finally Ghidorah is killed once and for all.

The way it is now Ghidorah is on a suicide mission vs being the big Bad Godzilla finally stops.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image