Logistics of Minilla

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Logistics of Minilla

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I thought it was said all Godzilla's "children" were "adopted". Well except the Gino babies of course. Also Ian Thorne's Godzilla book was the first time I've ever seen anyone reference the idea of the 2nd Godzilla being female.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Interestingly, I just heard Captain Gordon regerence Godzilla as 'her' in Final Wars. Hardly Showa-era... but the idea does still pop up in random places.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

When does he do that?
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I should remember better, having just watched it last night... sometime between the start of Operation: Final War and the Spiga battle.

I *think* it was just after Gigan's demise, when Godzilla attacks the Gotengo, and Gordon comments something to the effect of "Godzilla thinks her final battle is still going," or somesuch, but that could be the wrong spot.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I don't remember that at all. I've never once heard of Godzilla being referred to as a female.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Zarm wrote:I should remember better, having just watched it last night... sometime between the start of Operation: Final War and the Spiga battle.

I *think* it was just after Gigan's demise, when Godzilla attacks the Gotengo, and Gordon comments something to the effect of "Godzilla thinks her final battle is still going," or somesuch, but that could be the wrong spot.
Our. Our final battle.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Ah! Well, I missheard, then.

Maranatha!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Maritonic wrote:I don't remember that at all. I've never once heard of Godzilla being referred to as a female.
Same here. In SOG, we hear Godzilla refered to as a dad. In ToMG, I believe the alien commander calls Godzilla a he.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Oh, Don Frye. You and your gruff, slightly indistinct delivery making things harder to understand.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I thought it was said all Godzilla's "children" were "adopted". Well except the Gino babies of course. Also Ian Thorne's Godzilla book was the first time I've ever seen anyone reference the idea of the 2nd Godzilla being female.
Wait? How would they know Godzilla's gender anyways if they don't know the species it hails from and where its sex organs are located? It just strikes me as odd at how they'd know that at all since people tend to either be running away or otherwise fighting the monster during battle. Neither times would allow for anyone to see it...unless we're talking about Shin's weird tail. But that's Shin Godzilla.

Have they ever explained how they examined the anatomy of Godzilla to know Godzilla is a he or a she? Would they go by comparison to birds or lizards?

It's just a toss-up because these people are unreliable imo.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

It's not likely anyone would have the opportunity to do that. Since Godzilla is more like a reptile, it would be hard. You have to get up close and personal to find out a lizard's gender.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

That's what Shindo was really trying to do in GvKG. Sacrifice himself for science. Sadly, he overestimated how many floors up he'd need to be to get a good look... but Godzilla knew what he was up to nonetheless.

Maranatha!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Does anyone, ah, ever go out to Monster Island and pull up the monsters' skirts?

In all some seriousness, they could always ask Mothra to figure it out for them. She's really a wasted resource; so much could be learned through a monster that can communicate both with her fellow monsters and humanity. There's at least a decent comedy fanfic to be made, there.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

edgaguirus wrote:It's not likely anyone would have the opportunity to do that. Since Godzilla is more like a reptile, it would be hard. You have to get up close and personal to find out a lizard's gender.
Exactly. That's the point. They don't know the monster's gender, and I'm not going about it in the way that someone would ask "Did you just assume my gender" kind of way, I'm going about it in the sense that if no one has actually studied Godzilla up and close without dying from radiation or being stomped, it's just kind of stupid. Don't really consider Godzilla's Revenge to be valid canon considering they are just daydreams in an imagined scenario set in a Home Alone-esque kind of movie. Nor do I consider Son of Godzilla to be a real indicator either from what I've heard about it. It's among the three movies I haven't seen, such as Ebirah and Destroy All Monsters.

Maybe Destroy All Monsters has reliable info since it's basically been 30-40 years from Raids Again, which would leave enough time to develop research methods that could find Godzilla's gender?

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

JAGzilla wrote:Does anyone, ah, ever go out to Monster Island and pull up the monsters' skirts?

In all some seriousness, they could always ask Mothra to figure it out for them. She's really a wasted resource; so much could be learned through a monster that can communicate both with her fellow monsters and humanity. There's at least a decent comedy fanfic to be made, there.
There is nothing about this post that isn't magnificent. The idea of an intelligent kaiju capable of communicating both with other monsters and with humans is really underutilized.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

omgitsgodzilla wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:Does anyone, ah, ever go out to Monster Island and pull up the monsters' skirts?

There is nothing about this post that isn't magnificent. The idea of an intelligent kaiju capable of communicating both with other monsters and with humans is really underutilized.
Scientist: So, what gender is Godzilla?

Shobjin: ( singing) Mosura, Mosura.....

Mothra: Chir, Chir Chir

Godzilla: Skreonkkkkk.

Mothra: Chir, Chir, Chir

Shobjin: ( to scientist) Godzilla says none of your business.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

edgaguirus wrote:
omgitsgodzilla wrote:

Scientist: So, what gender is Godzilla?

Shobjin: ( singing) Mosura, Mosura.....

Mothra: Chir, Chir Chir

Godzilla: Skreonkkkkk.

Mothra: Chir, Chir, Chir

Shobjin: ( to scientist) Godzilla says none of your business.
"Godzilla, what terrible language!"
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I don't even necessarily buy Minilla is the same species as Godzilla, but I personally find it a much sweeter story to imagine Godzilla adopting another monster under his wing out of sheer altruism and not a blood relation. I doubt Minilla knows or cares the difference, honestly. If Godzilla isn't his father, his parents are likely millions of years dead. It's not feasible a breeding population of Godzillasaurs survived without ever being sighted together.

Eleven years ago, new to the franchise, I thought 'Gigantis' was a feminine-sounding monster name and joked that if Godzilla ever has a mate, that name should be re-used, but I always realistically considered the 1955 film the emergence of our same second Godzilla, as canon suggests.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

Space Hunter M wrote:Shinya
Kamata-kun '67!