Unmade Films Discussion - Godzilla vs. the Space Monsters: Earth Defense Directive (1972)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Unmade Films Discussion - Godzilla vs. the Space Monsters: Earth Defense Directive (1972)

Post by SonOfGorgo »

This thread's for anyone who wish to debate, analyse, and discuss about this unmade Kaiju film.

Link: http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Godzilla ... _Directive
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Unmade Films Discussion - Godzilla vs. the Space Monsters: Earth Defense Directive (1972)

Post by JVM »

Would've been cool to see Gigan, Megalon and KG all in one film, but I dunno what to say about Majin Tuol.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Re: Unmade Films Discussion - Godzilla vs. the Space Monsters: Earth Defense Directive (1972)

Post by SonOfGorgo »

JVM wrote:Would've been cool to see Gigan, Megalon and KG all in one film, but I dunno what to say about Majin Tuol.
Same. If I had to guess, it'd probably be an early version of King Caesar or something of sort.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The film sounds interesting, but I feel the ending would have taken away from Godzilla and Anguilas. Having Majin Tuol suddenly rise up and kill two of the invaders is rather convenient. Of course, you could say the same about Godzilla turning magnet against MG.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.