Unmade Films Discussion - Operation Robinson Crusoe: King Kong vs. Ebirah

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Unmade Films Discussion - Operation Robinson Crusoe: King Kong vs. Ebirah

Post by SonOfGorgo »

This trhead's for anyone who wishes to discuss about the scrapped film Operation Robinson Crusoe: King Kong vs. Ebirah.

Link: http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Operatio ... vs._Ebirah
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Unmade Films Discussion - Operation Robinson Crusoe: King Kong vs. Ebirah

Post by edgaguirus »

I think this would have been a good entry for Toho's Kong. Some plot points make more sense when you put Kong in, but I was pleased with G vs TSM.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Misteretc
Young Farmer

Post by Misteretc »

Kong wouldn't have done so well against those jet fighters. He's got a weakness for planes with guns. lol

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

I don't think it would have made much difference outside marquis value, as the script already doesn't seem to reflect many changes in the transition from Kong to Godzilla.

In the framework of the Godzilla series and its loose continuity, this at least serves a nice bridge into Godzilla's more peaceful period. I guess I'm marginally glad it was changed?

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Rodan wrote:I don't think it would have made much difference outside marquis value, as the script already doesn't seem to reflect many changes in the transition from Kong to Godzilla.

In the framework of the Godzilla series and its loose continuity, this at least serves a nice bridge into Godzilla's more peaceful period. I guess I'm marginally glad it was changed?
I guess so.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Seeing Kong and Mothra in the same film would have been nice though. Mothra is essentially the Japanese Kong after all.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Ivo-goji wrote:Seeing Kong and Mothra in the same film would have been nice though. Mothra is essentially the Japanese Kong after all.
IKR, talk about missed opportunity.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

This film would have been an abomination- for the simple reason that the battle with the giant condor would have been a serious, challenging battle for Kong, and thus would have deprived us of perhaps the greatest running jokes in kaiju fandom. ;)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Not if Kong zapped the condor with his electrokinesis. Then we'd have a running gag about Pokemon type advantages.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.