Gabara, most hated/obscure monster?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
soulgodzilla
Futurian

Re: Gabara, most hated/obscure monster?

Post by soulgodzilla »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:What if they take the idea like u guys have been saying, him being an ogre demon thing, but in an updated story. Origin story: Like what if there r those physic children( just like the heisei series) but they have nightmares of the impending doom of a kaiju attack, and thier mind waves cause all of thier nightmares to come togethor and create Gabara.

U guys have any other ideas or add ons to mine?
That sounds like a pretty creative idea.
Thanks
No problem.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:What if they take the idea like u guys have been saying, him being an ogre demon thing, but in an updated story. Origin story: Like what if there r those physic children( just like the heisei series) but they have nightmares of the impending doom of a kaiju attack, and thier mind waves cause all of thier nightmares to come togethor and create Gabara.

Oh you mean like the Crackler episode of Godzilla the animated series.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LamangoKaijura wrote:

Oh you mean like the Crackler episode of Godzilla the animated series.
Oh yeah i forgot about that episode. But it was a pretty good episode, its funny that out of all the monsters to reference they do gabara. Anyway, another idea could be hes a godlike creature thats the opposite of king ceaser or something
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Gabara teases Godzilla in his dreams, putting Godzilla in a bad mood and making him destroy Tokyo. The only way to stop him is to build MechaGodzilla, the world's most advanced sleep therapist.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Mechagigan wrote:Gabara teases Godzilla in his dreams, putting Godzilla in a bad mood and making him destroy Tokyo. The only way to stop him is to build MechaGodzilla, the world's most advanced sleep therapist.
That's the plot twist. The true reason why Godzilla is the nuclear menace he is to cities and humans. :P

Shobijin
Yojimbo

Post by Shobijin »

Speaking from personal experience as someone who plays a kaiju RPG, Gabara is purely an imaginary character and not used. He was never seen on Monster Island or referenced anywhere again. So his powers and backstory are all the product of a kid's daydream.

Now, I realize that all kaiju are imaginary in the fictional sense, but Gabara is really not part of the roster of Godzilla villains. Could he be remade in another movie, cartoon, comic book, or video game one day? Sure. But as it stands now, he doesn't even "exist".

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Shobijin wrote:Now, I realize that all kaiju are imaginary in the fictional sense, but Gabara is really not part of the roster of Godzilla villains. Could he be remade in another movie, cartoon, comic book, or video game one day? Sure. But as it stands now, he doesn't even "exist".
I figure if you have an original work with Showa/Heisei/Millennium monsters and beyond comingling despite existing in disparate timelines canonically, you might as well throw Gabara in too.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Gabara is basically worthless to me. He's not real in the Godzilla universe.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

How does that automatically make him worthless?

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:Gabara is basically worthless to me. He's not real in the Godzilla universe.
I'm not real in the Godzilla universe either.

Am I also worthless to you, M.o.g.u.e.r.a14? :(
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:Gabara is basically worthless to me. He's not real in the Godzilla universe.
I'm not real in the Godzilla universe either.

Am I also worthless to you, M.o.g.u.e.r.a14? :(
No, you're not worthless to me. It's just that Gabara is an idea of a kids' mind.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

I feel a lot of apathy about this character. Gabara isn't noteworthy enough to me or memorable enough for me to like or dislike him.

HedorahGrabber
GPN Volunteer

Post by HedorahGrabber »

I would love to see Gabara come back with a Freddy Krueger type vibe.
Sir, you're interfering with my deep lore discussion.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

HedorahGrabber wrote:I would love to see Gabara come back with a Freddy Krueger type vibe.
Ooohhh, I like it!

I always thought Gabara's design was pretty cool, and I think there's a lot of potential in the idea of a monster representing a child's fears made manifest (not the most original idea, of course, but still cool); heck, they could make him scarier than Shukra and Mamagon put together!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I love Gabara as he is. His lumpy skin, orange hair, goofy roar and sagging Stimpy butt make him so damn unique!

Now where's the damn Xplus figure?!?!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

HedorahGrabber wrote:I would love to see Gabara come back with a Freddy Krueger type vibe.
This. I absolutely agree with plus give him a more unique and better design and there we have it. ;)

Such a thing would have such potential, quite a shame it won't happen though since Gabara isn't popular enough. Closest we can probably get to it is IDW doing a comic of it but not sure whether they'd be allowed to change Gabara's origin let alone any other kaiju monster...

Another idea could be if Gabara were to return is that he's some ancient ogre/oni from Feudal Japan times since his appearance along with his electrical powers are based on it.

HedorahGrabber
GPN Volunteer

Post by HedorahGrabber »

Now where's that Gabara vs. Hoe (Ultraman 80 Kaiju) fight at?
Sir, you're interfering with my deep lore discussion.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I see people trying to redesign Gabara in a dark/serious manner all the time and it always misses the mark to me. I like that he's a dorky resident of Monster Island (in a child's mind anyway) picking on an even dorkier resident (Minilla). Godzilla can take him on fairly easily but he's such an annoying ankle biter he doesn't go away immediately (like a real bully).

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Possibly the most obscure but def not the most hated. The most hated kaiju would probably be Zilla.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Godzillian wrote:Possibly the most obscure but def not the most hated. The most hated kaiju would probably be Zilla.
Wait people still hates Zilla? I thought that stopped or at least died down since Final Wars release? :?