Rifftrax Live: Mothra (1961)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Starsteam
Keizer

Rifftrax Live: Mothra (1961)

Post by Starsteam »

Looks like Mothra is heading back to the big screen- Rifftrax style.

No official announcement yet, but theater chains have already started to post the listings. With the MST3K Reunion next week, and Rifftrax promising two more Live shows this year, I imagine they will be announcing this next Tuesday. Sony has North American distributing rights, and I suppose that includes theatrical.

Hopefully the Kickstarter was a enough success that Rifftrax can purchase the digital rights too.

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/rifftrax-live-mothra
Fathom Events and RiffTrax are partnering to present RiffTrax Live: Mothra. Join Kevin, Bill and Mike as they roast one of the most beloved (and bizzarre!) Japanese monster classics, 1961's "Mothra". It tells the story of a group of explorers who travel to a remote island, kidnap two tiny women, thereby inciting the wrath of a giant larvae which then swims the ocean, cocoons itself in downtown Tokyo, emerges as the titular Mothra and destroys everything in its path. Yes, it's a tale as old as time, but "Mothra" does it best! Live Thursday, August 18th.
Last edited by Starsteam on Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Re: Rifftrax Live: Mothra (1961)

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Ah-bwaaa?! :shock:
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I've been lucky enough to see Mothra on the big screen a couple of times without anyone talking over it, so I probably won't go out of my way for this. :)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

I'm excited for this and despite it being a Rifftrax commentary of the film, it'll be the first Toho made Kaiju film I'll ever see on the big screen. This is a big deal of excitement for me.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

GodzillaFanatic2001
Monarch Researcher

Post by GodzillaFanatic2001 »

That is one of the most hilarious things I have seen.
HayesAJones wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:Its harmless fun, pure and simple.
As opposed to those dangerously fun movies.