Character discussion: Godzilla vs Gigan

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
edgaguirus
Keizer

Character discussion: Godzilla vs Gigan

Post by edgaguirus »

One of my favorites, it has a few intriguing people, and a great kaiju in the form of Gigan. However, we're here to discuss the people.

Gengo is described by a Nebulan as being " stupid, but cunning at the same time." I can see what he means. Gengo is no Einstein, and he's not the strongest or bravest hero we've seen. Yet, he does show great moments of thought and cunning. His idea to defeat the aliens is both simple and completely unexpected. Gengo is an everyday guy, and quite likable.

Momagon....I mean,Tomoko, Gengo's girlfriend, is the strong one. She demonstrates her blackbelt skills well, but doesn't seem to like bugs. It's fortunate for Gengo she is patient and has a sense of humor. But hey, they say imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Shosaku, the hippy with the "gun", is also very likable. He reminds me of a friend at work. Minoru is a friendly and intelligent man, and one you can count on.

I can't think of much to say about Machiko. She shows alot of concern for her brother, but not much else is done with her character. I will say that she looks good in a skirt, though.

Kubota, is a creepy guy. He seems nice enough, but then comes moments that he gives me the creeps. His smile and voice have an edge that suggest something sinister. He's an effective villian.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.