Monster Discussion #?: Skeleturtle

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Monster Discussion #?: Skeleturtle

Post by MoarCrossovers »

In a shocking twist of fate I discovered no one has made a thread to discuss the real star of the Showa era, Skeleturtle.

It's about time that changed.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: Monster Discussion #?: Skeleturtle

Post by Ivo-goji »

I could have swore there was a skeleturtle thread already...

A pretty random addition to the movie. Infant Island has some weird wildlife. The Vampire Plant, the giant caterpillar, this thing...
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

No bones about it; Skeleturtle, though not really a kaiju, has gained a following.

Skeleturtle does successfully show the devastation nuclear arms can cause. The head moving in the wind is an odd thing to see, but it gives life to a sterile background.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

edgaguirus wrote:No bones about it; Skeleturtle, though not really a kaiju, has gained a following.

Skeleturtle does successfully show the devastation nuclear arms can cause. The head moving in the wind is an odd thing to see, but it gives life to a sterile background.
It doesn't just move.

It BLINKS.

Even as a kid, when watching MvG, Skeleturtle always baffled me. I could never be sure whether what I was seeing was in my head or actually onscreen.

He also got a cameo in IDW's Rulers of Earth:

http://i.imgur.com/d5pXLxi.jpg

AND he has his own toy!
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Okay, see- this little guy may challenge my undying allegiance to the Great Maguma... I love little background characters like this!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

He better be the villain in Godzilla vs Kong 2020, if they team up. :)
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Yes, but only if he ends up as a twist ending villain. His henchmen, the Giant Condor, should appear to be the heavy the whole time until the big surprise reveal. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

His cameo in Rulers of Earth is amazing.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

You know what would be cool? Skeleturtle bobble heads. If someone makes them, I'd get one.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.