GTTHM ultimate fan cut

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

GTTHM ultimate fan cut

Post by miguelnuva »

Hey guys I just had a thought. Do you all think it we be possible to make an Ultimate fan cut of GTTHM using scenes from
-Godzilla 54
-Rodan 56
-Mothra 61
-Mothra vs Godzilla
-GTTHM

The thought came to me with thinking about how great of a Godzilla film GTTHM is but it's the backstory that ultimately makes it so great. What does everyone else think?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Re: GTTHM ultimate fan cut

Post by Rodan »

So your plan is to take five different movies, one in black and white and two in a 4:3 aspect ratio, cut monster origins and relevant plot points from those films, tack them onto the beginning of a later film to feature those monsters, edit it together into a single coherent experience that can be viewed as a stand-alone piece, lead Godzilla back to the North Pole, and seal him up again?

schvanzbass
Interpol Agent

Post by schvanzbass »

I'd totally name it "King Ghidorah: Super Monster"

If anything it'd feel like a fan edit on YouTube. Finding a story would be a nightmare.
I'm gonna start doing horror/sci-fi/kaiju/exploitation film reviews, check it out won't you?

http://www.facebook.com/michaeljayreviews

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

My chain if thought would be to shorten all the movies prior to Gtthm and edit them similad to The God Father epic.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

The Godzilla from G54 is different from the one who fought Ghidorah. You'd need footage from Raids Again.

I've had ideas for fancuts of Godzilla movies, like an edit of the Japanese version of Mothra vs Godzilla that includes the scenes from the American version

Trying to edit five different films together like that sounds messy though.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

[quote="Ivo-goji]I've had ideas for fancuts of Godzilla movies, like an edit of the Japanese version of Mothra vs Godzilla that includes the scenes from the American version
[/quote]
That would be nice. I've always liked the frontier missiles scene. On that same topic, is there a fan-edit of Gojira that includes the Raymond Burr scenes from KotM?
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Ivo-goji wrote:The Godzilla from G54 is different from the one who fought Ghidorah. You'd need footage from Raids Again.

I've had ideas for fancuts of Godzilla movies, like an edit of the Japanese version of Mothra vs Godzilla that includes the scenes from the American version

Trying to edit five different films together like that sounds messy though.
In my head the fan edit is seprate from the timeline in which neither Rodan nor Godzilla die. Female Ridan would either be edited out of the only monster killed.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Rodan wrote:So your plan is to take five different movies, one in black and white and two in a 4:3 aspect ratio, cut monster origins and relevant plot points from those films, tack them onto the beginning of a later film to feature those monsters, edit it together into a single coherent experience that can be viewed as a stand-alone piece, lead Godzilla back to the North Pole, and seal him up again?
Literally this. It's a pretty bad idea

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I'm not sure that idea would work, but there are a couple of small scenes from Rodan and M vs G that might work if put in wisely.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

Ivo-goji wrote:I've had ideas for fancuts of Godzilla movies, like an edit of the Japanese version of Mothra vs Godzilla that includes the scenes from the American version
I actually tried this. Sadly due to different sources and some editing changes to the English version makes the American parts stick out like a sore thumb when spliced together.

But combining different scenes from different movies will be strange and watching it will be rather jarring with differences in pq, coloring, sound editing and other nuances each film has.

That being said I do say you should try it just to get some experience in editing

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

miguelnuva wrote:Hey guys I just had a thought. Do you all think it we be possible to make an Ultimate fan cut of GTTHM using scenes from
-Godzilla 54
-Rodan 56
-Mothra 61
-Mothra vs Godzilla
-GTTHM

The thought came to me with thinking about how great of a Godzilla film GTTHM is but it's the backstory that ultimately makes it so great. What does everyone else think?
First off, this is a really bad idea unless you pare down the scenes of the older movies to a minimum. Or better yet, split this large film into two different films.

I've got a fanedit idea on the backburner that would combine Mothra vs. Godzilla and GTTHM. Basically like my combination of Gojira and Raids Again, where I just merged both films into a single narrative. For that one, I'm thinking of cutting out Godzilla's death from Oxygen Destroyer, but it would take a few creative cuts that would leave a few of the ending shots with the puppet [since it's terribly out of scale considering an earlier scene where Godzilla is towering over the cruise ship, I would not miss it anyways] which I feel don't do the cut much justice.

I don't feel you really need the first two films other than 25 minutes each of them, if not 15 minutes from each of them. What I'd do, since I seen those first three, is have the events of Gojira and Rodan happen at the same time. Make Rodan and the other films black and white/4:3 to match Gojira's footage, and keep it to the essential plot points. The love triangle, drama and most of the filler would have to be left on the cutting floor for each of them.

Actually, you could just go for King of the Monsters for the English dubbing to sync it with the English audio from the other dubs,unless you want to use as much of KOTM as possible. but I'm assuming you're not going that route, so I propose a 30-50 minute limit for the mash of Gojira and Rodan.

-Sinking of the ship. {GJ}
-People are freaking out at that place. [GJ]
-the miners are attacked by the Meganula. {R]
-Five minutes more of the mining scene.{R}
-Odo Island scene, in full. Then cut to Godzilla's reveal. {GJ}
-Diet debate scene, truncated.{GJ}
-Gojira cruise party scene where Godzilla is revealed. [GJ}
-Rodan scene where they wonder why the insects are dying.
-They find a giant egg and Rodan hatches. {RD]
-Godzilla comes to shore in Osaka before Godzilla fights Anguirus. [Raids Again]
-Godzilla's second attack with the destruction of Tokyo. {GJ}
-Rodan attacks and then after laying the city to waste, flies away. {RD}
-Cut to the "death" of Godzilla, but cut out the terrible puppet, and Godzilla's skeleton. People think he is dead. Serizawa's death and sacrifice is for nothing.

Second Part

-Events of Mothra, cut to its bare elements. 15-30 minute limit.
-Full events of Mothra vs. Godzilla. Cut the intro or try to find creditless footage of it. Probably cut anything redundant or unneeded for a 30-50 minute limit.
-Full events of GTTHM, but cut to the beginning of the film after the credits.

This would honestly be better as two films so each could have a bigger time to breath and allow for better viewing. And it would also would clear the issues of disparate sources.

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

Rodan wrote:So your plan is to take five different movies, one in black and white and two in a 4:3 aspect ratio, cut monster origins and relevant plot points from those films, tack them onto the beginning of a later film to feature those monsters, edit it together into a single coherent experience that can be viewed as a stand-alone piece, lead Godzilla back to the North Pole, and seal him up again?
Hell he's done it once, he can do it again :lol: .
In all honesty though I think the idea is a bit much. The only edit I could think of that would improve the movie is taking a cue from the dub and adding the sounds of the monsters fighting during the scene with Shindo, Salno, and Malness on the mountainside.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609