Talkback Thread #15.7 Cozzilla (1977)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Talkback Thread #15.7 Cozzilla (1977)

Post by g2vd »

I just realized that while we do have several threads for Cozzilla, they are very old and aren't really in the best of shape and so I decided that this movie needed it's own Talkback Thread. so here it is discuss the famous Italian Colorization of Godzilla King Of The Monsters.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2009 ... igi-cozzi/
Godzilla

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Re: Talkback Thread #15.7 Cozzilla (1977)

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

I found it very orange.
This is the beginning of the end.

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

I'd love to see this some day. But any hopes of getting an official release probably passed with the Criterion version -- It being an extra on an archival vieophile release like that is probably the only way we could ever hope to get it.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

Cozzilla deserves to be way more than an extra. If anything, it should be in a box set of Luigi Cozzi films.

Also that poster in the first post is for the original 1957 Italian release of King of the Monsters, whose dub was utilized for Cozzilla.

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

Tamura wrote:Also that poster in the first post is for the original 1957 Italian release of King of the Monsters, whose dub was utilized for Cozzilla.
I was thinking there would be some immense licensing difficulties in it not being part of a Godzilla '54 release, but maybe I'm wrong.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Rodan wrote:
Tamura wrote:Also that poster in the first post is for the original 1957 Italian release of King of the Monsters, whose dub was utilized for Cozzilla.
I was thinking there would be some immense licensing difficulties in it not being part of a Godzilla '54 release, but maybe I'm wrong.
Licensing is confusing. What I do know is Classic Media owns the rights for Godzilla 1954 in the US, but you can sub license it from them which is how Criterion was able to release theirs and how Shout was able to access the rest of CM's library though their are limits. Shout was only able to get digital rights from CM and perhaps there are limits on how many companies can sub license it.
Godzilla