Gojira 1954 Strange Music

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Gojira 1954 Strange Music

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

So I searched Godzilla radio drama and I came across something rather bazaar. I did not find a panic broadcast, but what I did find was this really strange music.

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/embed/YNKPY3LkotE[/YouTube]

Does anyone know anything about this? It sounds like it could have been music they never used or something, but I'm really not sure. I think it sounds cool.

Another question I have is, if I were to use this in a Gojira film, do you think I would get copy right because of what it is? And again, I don't know what it is. It does sound sinister though.
This is the beginning of the end.

Darth Calypso
Gotengo Officer

Re: Gojira 1954 Strange Music

Post by Darth Calypso »

Meh, it doesn't sound like Ifukube's style. Most likely, it's another composer making music to narrate events from Gojira within the boundaries of radio like the broadcast of War of the Worlds or The Day The Earth Stood Still did. The theme itself sounds like it could fit in with Godzilla Raids Again though.

As for the copyright question, i'm pretty sure you'll get copyrighted since you're using the original audio and i'm not sure if you can trust the fair use law on matters like this.
Think With Your Dipstick Jimmy
My edited images, drawings, music, and SFX

Tapkaara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Tapkaara »

I've heard of this music, but have never heard it. Fascinating.

The composer was a fellow by the name of Hashimoto. As we can hear here, his style is nothing like Ifukube's.

My goodness, listening to this makes me wonder what the film would have sounded like if not for Ifukube. This is not particularly effective music. It's rather run-of-the-mill radio drama music and has none of the power of Ifukube's now classic score.

Make me, for one, appreciate even more how much of a talent Ifukube was.
"Music should never show disdain for its audience."
- Akira Ifukube
My website, the OFFICIAL English language website about Akira Ifukube: http://www.akiraifukube.org

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

I'm just going off by experience for I am a full fledged crate-digger :mrgreen:

By the sound, it was probably made after 1959. And this sounds like music for spoken dialog in a radio broadcast. You can hear some foley effects going on and if you listen entirely to that vid, there seems to be a fake news anchor speaking.

The roar isn't Godzilla though. This could be just an obscure kaiju broadcasting.

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

It's a very eerie piece. Especially the second song.
This is the beginning of the end.