Son of Godzilla Deleted Scene

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Son of Godzilla Deleted Scene

Post by Godzillian »

So apparently there was a deleted scene/alternate ending where Godzilla tries to leave the island.
The scene shows Godzilla trying to leave the island as the cast looks on and says something similar to "What about the little Godzilla?"
Some stills of it exist and it appears in the trailer and in storyboard form but that's about it. What do you guys think about it?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Re: Son of Godzilla Deleted Scene

Post by Space Hunter M »

This footage still exists and actually was released at one point. Good luck finding anybody who's willing to share their Final Box bonus discs, however.

GodzillaFanatic2001
Monarch Researcher

Post by GodzillaFanatic2001 »

I've been guessing when this scene would've taken place. I'd assume it would be when Godzilla leaves Minya for a bit after defeating the Speiga/Kumonga. I'm guessing that Godzilla would've come down to the beach, perhaps intending to swim away with Minya, but apon realizing that he wasn't there, returned to him like we see in the finished film.
HayesAJones wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:Its harmless fun, pure and simple.
As opposed to those dangerously fun movies.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

A little off topic, but that's such a great looking set.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

GodzillaFanatic2001 wrote:I've been guessing when this scene would've taken place. I'd assume it would be when Godzilla leaves Minya for a bit after defeating the Speiga/Kumonga. I'm guessing that Godzilla would've come down to the beach, perhaps intending to swim away with Minya, but apon realizing that he wasn't there, returned to him like we see in the finished film.
That'd be a lot cooler.

I thought Godzilla just decided to bail...
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Like the OP said, there is a snippet of the scene in the Japanese trailer, though it only amounts to a couple of seconds.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

It is very brief, but I did see it. It makes sense for Godzilla to try and leave the freezing island.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

Huh, interesting. Not sure if the scene would have been better with this still in or not. but it's pretty cool seeing the concept art for it as well as the footage in the trailer. This movie has one of my absolute favorite endings to any Godzilla movie.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609