Character discussion: Fumiko

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
edgaguirus
Keizer

Character discussion: Fumiko

Post by edgaguirus »

Fumiko doesn't give much material for Mie Hama to work with. Half of the time she's screaming or in some kind of trouble. Ultimately, her character fills the familiar and obligatory roll of Kong's love interest. Still, she looks good, and proves you don't have to be blonde to get Kong's attention.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: Character discussion: Fumiko

Post by Ivo-goji »

I might have more of an opinion of her if I saw the Japanese version of KKvsG.

That said, most of her scenes are from the tense, non-comedic part of the movie. I wonder what would be different about the human characters if the whole film were like that.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

...Who?

Unfortunately, the strong female protagonists that come to populate the Showa Godzilla films are still at least one entry away.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Rodan wrote:...Who?
That's going to be the response for 95% of these character discussion threads. Why can't we discuss them in their respective movie threads again?

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

UltramanGoji wrote:
That's going to be the response for 95% of these character discussion threads. Why can't we discuss them in their respective movie threads again?
Exactly what I said in another one of these "character discussions." I don't think the characters warrant their own threads, but rather said discussions should be confined to their respective movie thread.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

Missingno. wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Exactly what I said in another one of these "character discussions." I don't think the characters warrant their own threads, but rather said discussions should be confined to their respective movie thread.
Agreed, a lot of these discussions don't warrant their own thread. Locking all of these character threads (minus Serizawa for now as I feel he could actually carry a thread).
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.