What if the original 1954 Godzilla didn't die?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
imperious reptilius
Monarch Researcher

What if the original 1954 Godzilla didn't die?

Post by imperious reptilius »

Inspired by the recent IDW "Deviations" event, which for those who don't know is a series of "What If" ones-shots for certain series.

And while on /co/ I brought up a few other 'what if' ideas, including Godzilla, which is what this is now. The more I thought about it , the more intriguing of an idea it became to me.

What if the Oxygen Destroyer was never used or straight up didn't work? What would have happened if Godzilla continued his rampage across Japan? Does the rest of the Showa series still play out, or even the Heisei, or just about every other Godzilla canon outside of 98 and Legendary?

Since this is what can be summed up as an elseworld story, there's really no right or wrong answers here.
"You don’t like your job, you don’t strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That’s the American way."
-Homer Simpson

Now the gentle winds, beckons through the leaves~ As autumn colors fall~

Mini-Godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Re: What if the original 1954 Godzilla didn't die?

Post by Mini-Godzilla »

The answer to your question lies on the other side of this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5lXP2NMo8U
Godzilla says I should learn to fight my own battles!

imperious reptilius
Monarch Researcher

Post by imperious reptilius »

Mini-Godzilla wrote:The answer to your question lies on the other side of this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5lXP2NMo8U
Now that's just cheating, besides technically that's not the same Godzilla. Though the idea is still there I guess.
"You don’t like your job, you don’t strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That’s the American way."
-Homer Simpson

Now the gentle winds, beckons through the leaves~ As autumn colors fall~

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I think it was said in the film that Godzilla would pretty much lay waste to the rest of Japan, and maybe even other parts of the world.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

2009MECHAGODZILLA
Futurian

Post by 2009MECHAGODZILLA »

The world would have to deal with two Godzillas
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21114

Commission prices: https://www.deviantart.com/snake151/jou ... -848926845
"Disappointing! Re-watch the 1954 original. THAT is the correct form!!!"

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Well, we have GMK, GxM, G'85 (not RoG, specifically the dubbed version), and, in a way, GxMG/SOS. It also depends on the storyline you follow. You get a second Godzilla in the Showa universe, you get an even bigger second Godzilla in the Heisei era, etc. Standalone, he'd still be running amok in Japan and the Pacific Rim areas, and possibly throughout the world if he decides to travel.