Mechagodzilla theme song?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
GodzillaFanatic2001
Monarch Researcher

Mechagodzilla theme song?

Post by GodzillaFanatic2001 »

Hi there. I was browsing youtube, and I came across this song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-IA412GxqzY
Now, I have never heard this song before, and I was wondering what it's from. Well, obviously, it's from Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, but, I've never heard this version of Mechagodzilla's theme song before, at least in the film, and it's been never been reported from what I know. So I turn to you! What is this song where's it from? is it official? if not, where's it from? Thanks all!
HayesAJones wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:Its harmless fun, pure and simple.
As opposed to those dangerously fun movies.

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Re: Mechagodzilla theme song?

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

The song is called Attack Mechagodzilla. I think it was a single record along with Miyarabi's Prayer (the King Caesar song). Actually, I believe both songs were sung by the same woman.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Wow, what a cool find! Thank you so much for posting it! I'm such a huge fan of Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla, so for me, this is really exciting. Definitely putting it on my iPod!

GodzillaFanatic2001
Monarch Researcher

Post by GodzillaFanatic2001 »

KaijuFiend wrote:Wow, what a cool find! Thank you so much for posting it! I'm such a huge fan of Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla, so for me, this is really exciting. Definitely putting it on my iPod!
Your welcome! Careful, it's quite catchy. It was quite surprising to find this though, because I had no idea this existed. It was like when I found the second pop song on the Godzilla vs Gigan soundtrack.
HayesAJones wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:Its harmless fun, pure and simple.
As opposed to those dangerously fun movies.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Usually I'm not a fan of Japanese Godzilla pop songs, but this one is oddly catchy.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

love it. one of my top three themes for any Godzilla villain or film ever.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

MechaGodzillaShowa
Samurai

Post by MechaGodzillaShowa »

It's one of my favorites - the 1st Minute of the song (over 3 minutes long) is the best part of it.