Monster Discussion #X Gorosaurus

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Monster Discussion #X Gorosaurus

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

edgaguirus wrote:We do see a dinosaur like creature in the trailer.
What dinosaur creature? The skull crawlers?
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

I love Gorosaurus. I honestly think he'd fit perfect in the Legendary universe as long as they didn't make him look like a generic dinosaur and kept his unique attributes.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Eh, he's okay. Not that interesting to me buy hey thats my opinion. Oh and....Look What Happened!!!!!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I definitely dig Gorosaurus. This is what makes him so unique. Unlike most kaiju, he's so simple since he's probably one of the closest natural/realistic kaiju's in Godzilla being nothing more but an oversize Theropod yet manages to make him seem very original especially with his signature Kangaroo Kick.

gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Post by gzillafan17 »

Honestly one of my favorite Kaiju and wish we had more of him, but I really enjoyed him in Destroy All Monsters and King Kong Escapes.
It's not a lake; it's an ocean. - Alan Wake

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Always wanted to see him use that barb at the end of his tail as an attack
Someone write a KWC match where he murders something by stabbing them through the heart with his tail barb :lol:

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Found this CGI pic of what an updated, modern Gorosaurus could look like.
Although the teeth could stand to be sharper.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Looks awful.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

It looks fierce, but that flat top head may not be the best idea.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Gorosaurus is a fun monster. At first glance, he looks generic, like he could've popped up on the Land of the Lost show, and no one would've been the wiser. Obviously, kaiju buffs like us know who he is and what movies he has appeared in. But there's no denying the fact that Gorosaurus, to the casual moviegoer, looks like nothing more than your run-of-the-mill dinosaur. And I wouldn't have it any other way either, because part of Gorosaurus's charm was his personality. Yes, I'm totally winning major filmmaking points here by claiming that a rubber suit character exudes personality (but hey, the same could be said of Yoda). In Destroy All Monsters, I always thought he was a good dinosaur because he shared his habitat with Mothra Larva. Not once did he ever come across as being an aggressive predator (until a certain three-headed baddie pissed him off). Instead he appeared to have a profound sense of honor and respect for others. Gorosaurus showed his courage in the film's climax when he joined his Monster Island brethren in the fight against King Ghidorah, which could've easily ended with him ending up as a corpse. Instead, Gorosaurus exceeded all expectations by being the one who helped put King Ghidorah, the most infamous monster of the Showa age, down for good. To this day, Gorosaurus laying the smackdown on Ghidorah's golden-ass is one of my fondest memories of the Showa series.

Sure, Gorosaurus looks like a generic dinosaur, and he'll likely never return in any future kaiju films, but I'm OK with that. Gorosaurus is the epitome of nostalgia. He's a footnote in an ever-growing, ever-expanding movie monster genre. He's like a fossil waiting to be discovered by an eager treasure seeker. All I can say to anyone who has not yet had the pleasure of watching Gorosaurus kick ass? Wait 'til you get a load of this gem.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Here's some really bad footage of Gorosaurus from Go Greenman:
http://youtu.be/-iq_ITwQ6xc
That suit looks like it reeks of petroleum products and body odor.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Gorosaurus is a weird personal favorite of mine.

As a kid, having a blue T-Rex running around in Godzilla's world just intrigued me.

I also kind of love that he's the only monster in history to share the screen with both Godzilla and King Kong. And his role in DAM ended up being much bigger than it was originally intended to be since he got the Paris destruction scene in the movie, and got to partner up with Godzilla and the rest to fight Ghidorah at the end where he got to stand out with the kangaroo kick to take Ghidorah down.

He's kind of like a backup quarterback that got to go in, play in one game, and had his huge day in the sun, even if he never did anything again after that.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

The idea of a monster t rex running around dropkicking fools is objectively the most incredible thing ever. For that reason alone he is one of my favs from the Showa era. I'm fine if he doesn't show up in new movies, though I wish he got more video game love to go with his comic expansions as he is a fun character Kaiju.