German Titles

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Missingno.
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla Movies in Germany

Post by Missingno. »

All I remember hearing is that they put Frankenstein in many movie titles after the whole "Godzilla vs. Frankenstein" never went through
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

No Godzilla movies played in East Germany (though perhaps the first two did). It isn't very hard to look up info on foreign versions, but the American fandom loves to perpetuate ignorance and confusion so whatever.
Last edited by Space Hunter M on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Space Hunter M wrote:No Godzilla movies played in East Germany (though perhaps the first two did).
then why bother editing out the destruction of a soviet submarine? :eh:
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

three wrote: then why bother editing out the destruction of a soviet submarine? :eh:
Pacing. German cinemas preferred shorter runtimes for more showings.
http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittb ... ID=1910366

Almost the entire second reel is cut.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Space Hunter M wrote:
three wrote: then why bother editing out the destruction of a soviet submarine? :eh:
Pacing. German cinemas preferred shorter runtimes for more showings.
http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittb ... ID=1910366

Almost the entire second reel is cut.
holy. well, i never would have guessed the answer was so simple, or lame. :dizzy:
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Space Hunter M wrote:No Godzilla movies played in East Germany (though perhaps the first two did). It isn't very hard to look up info on foreign versions, but the American fandom loves to perpetuate ignorance and confusion so whatever.
Wait, if that's the case, then how come I've seen posters of something like Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster have the word Frankenstein on the cover? Or Jet Jaguar as King Kong in a robot suit?
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Godzilla Movies in Germany

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

What's up with them? Why on tohokingdom does it have a bunch of Showa films with German titles involving Frankenstien or King Kong when the two have no involvement with the films around them?
Example:
http://www.tohokingdom.com/posters/godz ... bby03.html
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Godzilla Movies in Germany

Post by Space Hunter M »

Because Frankenstein Conquers the World and King Kong Escapes did well at the box office for Constantin.