Lost Projects: Bride of Godzilla?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
SoleMan
G-Grasper

Re: Lost Projects: Bride of Godzilla?

Post by SoleMan »

I thought that it was like a comic book, and was just something they sold for no reason.
It would make more sense that I had never heard of it before then, though...
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Well, I tried to buy the book this info is from this morning...but the only vendors that would ship internationally are charging $150.00! I'm not prepared to pay that much for a book right now, maybe in a couple more weeks after I get paid again. As long as it's available, though, I WILL OWN THIS BOOK.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Pkmatrix wrote:Well, I tried to buy the book this info is from this morning...but the only vendors that would ship internationally are charging $150.00! I'm not prepared to pay that much for a book right now, maybe in a couple more weeks after I get paid again. As long as it's available, though, I WILL OWN THIS BOOK.
seriously. that's crazy. i wish that they'd take the proto-Rodan plot and run with it.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

three wrote:
Pkmatrix wrote:Well, I tried to buy the book this info is from this morning...but the only vendors that would ship internationally are charging $150.00! I'm not prepared to pay that much for a book right now, maybe in a couple more weeks after I get paid again. As long as it's available, though, I WILL OWN THIS BOOK.
seriously. that's crazy. i wish that they'd take the proto-Rodan plot and run with it.
I've seen this book quite a few times in book stores around Tokyo last year...it's not rare at all, so definitely don't waste $150 on it. I considered getting it, but even at 5000 ¥ ($50), I found it a bit pricy for a text-heavy book. Of course, it's 100% in Japanese with basically little to no photos (i.e. no concept art/storyboards/etc.), so unless you can read Japanese or are really interested in studying kanji, I would advise passing on it...
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

three
Keizer

Post by three »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:
three wrote:
I've seen this book quite a few times in book stores around Tokyo last year...it's not rare at all, so definitely don't waste $150 on it. I considered getting it, but even at 5000 ¥ ($50), I found it a bit pricy for a text-heavy book. Of course, it's 100% in Japanese with basically little to no photos (i.e. no concept art/storyboards/etc.), so unless you can read Japanese or are really interested in studying kanji, I would advise passing on it...
well then to heck with the book. the novelty value is diminished by its lack of use. i'd only get it for the concept art, anyway, so the purpose is defeated. ah well.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

SoleMan
G-Grasper

Post by SoleMan »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:
three wrote:
I'm gonna be in Tokyo in the Spring. Whereabouts did you see this book?
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:
three wrote:
That I can't read it doesn't bother me. Hmm...I wonder if Kinokuniya has it? I should go to one and check.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

Megalon7 wrote:
SoleMan wrote:If this is so true, how come the folks at Toho kingdom don't have it in their lost projects section?
Probably being cautious after having a few fake projects up in the past (like godzilla vs the devil). Plus, there are parts of this site that have been needing to be updated.
Also, is that "Space Godzilla" thing where he came from another planet true?
That was the one that the director of "House" wanted to do, right? It was areal idea from what I've heard, but I don't think it went very far.

You mean this House?

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Pkmatrix wrote: That I can't read it doesn't bother me. Hmm...I wonder if Kinokuniya has it? I should go to one and check.
Haven't checked for awhile...I believe the most recent copy I saw was a few months ago at Kinokuniya in Shibuya. I've also seen used copies at some Book Offs from time to time, as well as a used copy at Mandarake in Nakano Broadway....
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Eugh. Not a fan of Godzilla falling in love. Perhaps if they changed that element of the plot, this could have been pretty good.

Megalon7
Monsterland Worker

Post by Megalon7 »

Young Guy wrote:
Megalon7 wrote:
SoleMan wrote:If this is so true, how come the folks at Toho kingdom don't have it in their lost projects section?
Probably being cautious after having a few fake projects up in the past (like godzilla vs the devil). Plus, there are parts of this site that have been needing to be updated.
Also, is that "Space Godzilla" thing where he came from another planet true?
That was the one that the director of "House" wanted to do, right? It was areal idea from what I've heard, but I don't think it went very far.

You mean this House?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1cFuATIF8I
yup, that's the one.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

So bad it's good, honestly. I'm glad the idea exists, but I' mglad it was never made.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

2009MECHAGODZILLA
Futurian

Post by 2009MECHAGODZILLA »

Last edited by 2009MECHAGODZILLA on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21114

Commission prices: https://www.deviantart.com/snake151/jou ... -848926845
"Disappointing! Re-watch the 1954 original. THAT is the correct form!!!"

three
Keizer

Post by three »

giant naked robot girls? Godzilla?

sounds so 70s; sounds so Showa.

2009MECHAGODZILLA
Futurian

Post by 2009MECHAGODZILLA »

three wrote:giant naked robot girls? Godzilla?

but this was supposed to be the 3rd movie. In 1956.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21114

Commission prices: https://www.deviantart.com/snake151/jou ... -848926845
"Disappointing! Re-watch the 1954 original. THAT is the correct form!!!"

three
Keizer

Post by three »

2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
three wrote:giant naked robot girls? Godzilla?

but this was supposed to be the 3rd movie. In 1956.
alas, things ahead of their time often meet disastrous fates. ever heard of jan hus? preceded martin luther by about 100 years (no, not that martin luther --- the one who wrote the 95 theses). he ended up dead, but his plan worked later for a different guy.

skip forward 20 years and this movie fits like a new glove, man.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

three wrote: skip forward 20 years and this movie fits like a new glove, man.
It probably would, assuming the naked robot wouldn't have nipples and a vagina. I think after the kid-friendliness they wouldn't go that far.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

KaijuFiend wrote:
It probably would, assuming the naked robot wouldn't have nipples and a vagina. I think after the kid-friendliness they wouldn't go that far.
XD hahahahaha

i mean in general 70s tone. i didn't mean just the Toho market. (my american horror influences got the better of me with that comment).

MechaGodzillaShowa
Samurai

Post by MechaGodzillaShowa »

This is the 1st time I ever heard of this and it's got me curious. Interesting subject.

SuperMonsterZero
Monarch Researcher

Post by SuperMonsterZero »

KaijuFiend wrote:

Where did it say the robot was naked?
「大人の世界に神様があるように、子供の世界にミニラ大明神があってもおかしくないでしょう」