Lost Projects: Bride of Godzilla?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Lost Projects: Bride of Godzilla?

Post by miguelnuva »

So a member of our forum named cultistofvertigo mentions a film on his blog site called Bride of Godzilla.

http://www.cultistofvertigo.blogspot.co ... uring.html

Here's a summary of the plot.

Bride of Godzilla?: Japanese robot-building masochist Dr. Shida travels to the Hollow Earth and discovers a prehistoric ecosystem where Godzilla, Anguirus, giant fleas, and a race of beautiful mermaid people live. Godzilla, Anguirus, a giant Archaeopteryx monster (prototype of Rodan), and a giant chameleon monster get to the surface, but are beaten by a gigantic humanoid robot with the face of Dr. Shida's (former?) foster child.

Sounds like a fun film to me personally. I wouldn't have minded the film as long as they would have introduced a third Godzilla in King Kong vs Godzilla and continued on from there. So any thing to confirm or deny this film?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Re: Lost Projects: Bride of Godzilla?

Post by LamangoKaijura »

...Wat. Well, I guess it's logical. Godzilla sort of went down the route Frankenstein, getting a Son of film...
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I don't think there's any real validity to this but the context of the timeline would make sense.
If it came after Graids again but before Rodan that would explain Angurius appearance (reusing the suit) and the fact that there was a prototype Rodan. Rodan the film also had big elements of that movie with the underground scenes.
This could have also been TOHO trying to emulate all the American and British adventure movies/books like journey to the center to the earth by Jules Verne.

Again all of this sounds ridiculous but given the amount of other big ambitious projects that never saw the light (Godzilla Vs Bagan, Godzilla Vs Frankenstien) it wouldn't be too far fetched .
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

Here comes the bride~
Here comes the br-OKAY A ROBOTIC VERSION OF IT?!
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Oh GOD(zilla), I'm glad that didn't happen...

SuperMonsterZero
Monarch Researcher

Post by SuperMonsterZero »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I don't think there's any real validity to this but the context of the timeline would make sense.
It's the real deal. I found this Japanese blog post about the film from 2010 (http://hirorin.otaden.jp/e104597.html), and the blog poster got his info from a book called "Godzilla: Toho Tokusatsu Unpublished Material Archive: The Era of Producer Tomoyuki Tanaka" (「ゴジラ」東宝特撮未発表資料アーカイヴ プロデューサー・田中友幸とその時代).

The blog post includes a link to the book's page on Amazon Japan, where you can use the "look inside" function to see a preview of some of the book's interior pages. This includes the table of contents. There are chapters about Godzilla vs. Frankenstein, something called "God's Godzilla" in English (and 神々のゴジラ "Godzilla of the Gods" in Japanese), Godzilla Legend: The Asuka Fortress, Mothra vs. Bagan, King Kong vs. Godzilla Sequel, and plenty of others.

The plot for The Bride of Godzilla? begins on page 46 of the book. The next chapter starts on page 82.

I only skimmed the blog post, but it matches up with cultistofvertigo's description: the fact that it was written by the writer of The H-Man, the robot girl, the underground world, Godzilla falling in love with the robot girl, Angilas getting his jaw broken like in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, as well as the possible prototype for Shockirus.

EDIT:
cultistofvertigo's post actually links to another Japanese blog post, which is where he got the info for his own post from. This Japanese blogger also got his information from the "Unpublished Material" book, and even includes a scan taken from the book. (http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/monster_papa/61429786.html)
「大人の世界に神様があるように、子供の世界にミニラ大明神があってもおかしくないでしょう」

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

WE MUST FIND AND TRANSLATE THIS BOOK!

O_O

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

I can only think of...

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Holy crap, this is real? Well, I guess i'll have to wait for more info to pop up for me to read, because this is interesting.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Post by kamilleblu »

miguelnuva wrote:So a member of our forum named cultistofvertigo mentions a film on his blog site called Bride of Godzilla.

http://www.cultistofvertigo.blogspot.co ... uring.html
That blog takes more than a few shots at Toho Kingdom, though I guess you can't please everyone.

Assuming this information is true, that would have been insane. Right up there with the absurdity of A Space Godzilla. Also, it bears a striking resemblance to Pacific Rim. From what I read, it deals with a robot producing scientist discovering that Godzilla and other monsters originate from hole in the ocean (which is the entrance to a hollow earth). The treatment ends with the scientist's giant female humanoid robot self-destructing in a nuclear explosion, destroying the fantastical world under the surface and possibly killing Godzilla.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

I'm glad this one was cancelled. Godzilla having a waifu is a little out of place.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

A interesting read.

I find the proto rodan-archaeopterix kaiju really neat

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Of all the lost projects, this is the weirdest idea for a film.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

edgaguirus wrote:Of all the lost projects, this is the weirdest idea for a film.
Nope, A Space Godzilla is tge weirdest. This one makes a lot of sense given the time.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Sounds like an okay film. Probably would be considered mediocre would it have been released. More Anguirus (I assume it would've used the 1955 design) would've been cool.
SuperMonsterZero wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:I don't think there's any real validity to this but the context of the timeline would make sense.
It's the real deal. I found this Japanese blog post about the film from 2010 (http://hirorin.otaden.jp/e104597.html), and the blog poster got his info from a book called "Godzilla: Toho Tokusatsu Unpublished Material Archive: The Era of Producer Tomoyuki Tanaka" (「ゴジラ」東宝特撮未発表資料アーカイヴ プロデューサー・田中友幸とその時代).
Wow! This book sounds amazing! I'd love to see if someone can translate the entire thing into English, provided a copy can be found.

SuperMonsterZero
Monarch Researcher

Post by SuperMonsterZero »

UltramanGoji wrote:Sounds like an okay film. Probably would be considered mediocre would it have been released. More Anguirus (I assume it would've used the 1955 design) would've been cool.
SuperMonsterZero wrote:
Wow! This book sounds amazing! I'd love to see if someone can translate the entire thing into English, provided a copy can be found.
It's a fairly recent book. You can get it on Amazon Japan for ¥4536 (about 40 USD)
「大人の世界に神様があるように、子供の世界にミニラ大明神があってもおかしくないでしょう」

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

If that's so, then I may order a copy for myself. I can't read Japanese at all, but I'm sure there are ways around that...

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

The plot of the unused movie is intriguing. I think this would make a cool IDW comic issue or mini-series. Would not want it as a movie, but it could work in Comic book form so as to allow the absurdity.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

SoleMan
G-Grasper

Post by SoleMan »

If this is so true, how come the folks at Toho kingdom don't have it in their lost projects section?

Also, is that "Space Godzilla" thing where he came from another planet true?
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

Megalon7
Monsterland Worker

Post by Megalon7 »

SoleMan wrote:If this is so true, how come the folks at Toho kingdom don't have it in their lost projects section?
Probably being cautious after having a few fake projects up in the past (like godzilla vs the devil). Plus, there are parts of this site that have been needing to be updated.
Also, is that "Space Godzilla" thing where he came from another planet true?
That was the one that the director of "House" wanted to do, right? It was areal idea from what I've heard, but I don't think it went very far.