Is Hedorah really that powerful?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Godzillabriano
Yojimbo

Re: Is Hedorah really that powerful?

Post by Godzillabriano »

Well Hedorah is screwed in that case.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Gallavant123 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8K7fyeoTUM

Read the subtitle at 0:08

When has Hedorah recovered from that level of damage?
When he formed. Hedorah is made of smaller hedorahs. There's hedorahs in the ocean. Hedorahs in the ground. Hedorahs in the air. Hedorah is pollution. He will come back, possibly bigger. That's the whole threat of Hedorah. He won't stop living until pollution is stopped.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:Stalling Hedorah by freezing him is good enough. While his pieces are frozen, they can be gathered up and dried out until he dies.
And risk the people gathering them losing their life?
Well, they'd obviously have hazmat suits and whatever tools and equipment are necessary to safely handle him.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gallavant123
Samurai

Post by Gallavant123 »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Gallavant123 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8K7fyeoTUM

Read the subtitle at 0:08

When has Hedorah recovered from that level of damage?
When he formed. Hedorah is made of smaller hedorahs. There's hedorahs in the ocean. Hedorahs in the ground. Hedorahs in the air. Hedorah is pollution. He will come back, possibly bigger. That's the whole threat of Hedorah. He won't stop living until pollution is stopped.
Smaller Hedorahs, but just how small? The video I just linked shows that the AZ projectile smashes atoms. Even the Tohokingdom bio says that Kiryu's AZ is "demolecularizing". Water, H2O, is a molecule. So if that's true not only does Hedorah get frozen to the state of no molecular movement but the covalent bonds connecting elements Hydrogen and Oxygen would be severed.

AZ would be even more effective than electrifying the water in it's body
Last edited by Gallavant123 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Electrolysis causes water to break apart into hydrogen and oxygen. The electrodes did this to Hedorah, and destroyed the water content of its body. The AZC accomplishes the same effect by freezing, so it would be a double blow. Hedorah would be first be paralyzed by the cold, and then his water content would split apart. It's the same thing, but different methods.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

I honestly believe Hedorah to be immune to radiation and not other forms of heat (including magic). When compared to Godzilla he looks invincible. But as soon as changed his breath to a different form of heat (electricity) Hedorah faltered.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Unit~NoA wrote:I honestly believe Hedorah to be immune to radiation and not other forms of heat (including magic). When compared to Godzilla he looks invincible. But as soon as changed his breath to a different form of heat (electricity) Hedorah faltered.
What? Godzilla never changed his breath?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

He converted it with the electrode grid.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Unit~NoA wrote:He converted it with the electrode grid.
Yeah, I don't think that's what happened, but I could be wrong. I thought it meant he just reflected his beam off the giant diodes.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

*Mute and skip to 3:33

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9U9InLUc5Oo
Reflected back as electricity.

Godzillabriano
Yojimbo

Post by Godzillabriano »

Jeez, Hedorah's acid make Biollante's look like holy water.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

Godzillabriano wrote:Jeez, Hedorah's acid make Biollante's look like holy water.
Well that's probably because Heisei Godzilla and Showa have different levels of regeneration. Bio's acid burns a monster that's been dwelling in volcano for 5 years. That speaks for itself if you ask me....

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Unit~NoA wrote:
Godzillabriano wrote:Jeez, Hedorah's acid make Biollante's look like holy water.
Well that's probably because Heisei Godzilla and Showa have different levels of regeneration. Bio's acid burns a monster that's been dwelling in volcano for 5 years. That speaks for itself if you ask me....
Burns, not completely stops the regeneration for a good year.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

Because Showa Godzilla's regeneration is slower, my point exactly.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Unit~NoA wrote:Because Showa Godzilla's regeneration is slower, my point exactly.
Slower?
Instantly healed from a giant, gaping wound on his shoulder, twice, both by Gigan.
Was turned into a blood fountain by MechaGodzilla in 1974, just to have the blood stop almost instantly the moment he hit the ground.
Had revolving missiles blow up INSIDE HIM, these same missiles uprooted an entire city block, and was perfectly OK.
Yes.
Very slow indeed.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

Heisei Godzilla's hide corroding during every spray and was even impaled through his hand infested with her sap while in a weakened drugged state and healed after the end of the movie. Acid burning a monster that fell and lived in a volcano for years is bigger deal than what your making out of it.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Unit~NoA wrote:Heisei Godzilla's hide corroding during every spray and was even impaled through his hand infested with her sap while in a weakened drugged state and healed after the end of the movie. Acid burning a monster that fell and lived in a volcano for years is bigger deal than what your making out of it.
Yeah, but it's not as fast as Showa Goji. The guy was a blood fountain. Screaming in agony. Had blood shooting out of his neck like he was a pressurized doll. Then he fell on the ground and the blood stopped.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

Heisei Goji bleed a lot less compared to Showa during his series anyway. That's more on lines of durability than regeneration...

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I thought we were talking about Hedorah, not Godzilla's regen.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Yes, I think Hedorah is the most powerful Showa monster.

For starters he's not a single entity. Sure godzilla killed him at the end but he can just reform and a new one will take his place as hinted at the end of the movie. There can also be multiple hedorah's at once. This means that they could tag team another kaiju.

Then there's his size. Theoretically Hedorah could just keep growing and growing until he's bigger than anything. No other monster would be capable of such a thing (maybe Destroyah).

Next he's able to fly and has a beam weapon which is good for air combat. He leaves a trail of smog so that's an added combat advantage.

Finally any raw power kaiju is completely useless against Hedorah because he is corrosive. Godzillas hand got melted off just by punching through his body (which didn't seem to bother Hedorah in the slightest. Now imagine rodan, Kumonga or Ebirah going against him, they wouldn't stand a chance because they lack any sort of special beam. They're reliant on melee and it's impossible to kill hedorah that way.

The only monster that might stand a chance is Mechagodzilla. Mechagodzilla has a ton of beam weapons. However it's easy to imagine Hedorahs acid could melt through Mechagodzilla.

Now keep in mind that the series are different. The HEDORAH in final wars was incredibly weak as it was just a cameo. If Hedorah reappeared in the heisei series he'd probably have gotten a buff just like mothra and rodan and their beam weapons. For that reason it's not just to compare Showa hedorah to heisei gamera or kiryu.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.