Is Hedorah really that powerful?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Re: Is Hedorah really that powerful?

Post by ILL GREEN »

Yes Hedorah is really the almighty end all kaiju. Godzilla's breath only feeds him and little Hedorahs love him. He is like Majin Buu of sorts. And as long people pollute the world, Hedorah will continue to dwell among us.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Short of an electrode or other device to dry Hedorah out, the only other option would be to drop Hedorah off in the middle of a desert. However, Hedorah's flight would allow it to leave the desert for wetter environments.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Hedorah to me is strong enough that you have to be Godzilla or above to beat him but after watching his movie he's as big a threat as I use to put him. Godzilla was able to beat Hedorah every time they fought but he lacked a means to kill Hedorah while Hedorah had several to kill him. The smog monster's body was also made of acidic sludge but with all these advantages Hedorah never put down Godzilla.

Had Godzilla's breath worked Hedorah would have been beaten easily. Hedorah is the best example of showing everyone just who Godzilla is.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Moguera24
Monsterland Worker

Post by Moguera24 »

miguelnuva wrote:Hedorah to me is strong enough that you have to be Godzilla or above to beat him but after watching his movie he's as big a threat as I use to put him. Godzilla was able to beat Hedorah every time they fought but he lacked a means to kill Hedorah while Hedorah had several to kill him. The smog monster's body was also made of acidic sludge but with all these advantages Hedorah never put down Godzilla.

Had Godzilla's breath worked Hedorah would have been beaten easily. Hedorah is the best example of showing everyone just who Godzilla is.
I think that's just a side effect of the classic trope of "villain can't kill the hero because he's the hero".
If Godzilla wasn't the main protagonist of the film, then Hedorah would have taken those advantages.
I think it was merely a mistake on the filmmakers part, they made a monster that was a little too powerful, so they had to bail Godzilla out of trouble by making Hedorah less likely to take an advantage. If it were a real fight I feel that Hedorah would have certainly used his advantage more effectively.
I have a tumblr I guess:http://monoclemogu.tumblr.com
I don't know why anyone would want to follow me, but it's here if you're in desperate need of Godzilla/general nerdiness content on your dashboard.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Yeah I think Hedorah is the most powerful of the Showa kaijus, and even the millennium era. Heisei still tops for kaiju powers in my book.

The only kaiju that could possibly take on Hedorah would be Mechagodzilla. Simply because he lacks any weaknesses that Hedorah could exploit against him. Plus looking at MechaG' s massive arsenal, he's bound to have something that could dry up Hedorah' s juicy body. X_X
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

ScootaVaran wrote:Yeah I think Hedorah is the most powerful of the Showa kaijus, and even the millennium era. Heisei still tops for kaiju powers in my book.

The only kaiju that could possibly take on Hedorah would be Mechagodzilla. Simply because he lacks any weaknesses that Hedorah could exploit against him. Plus looking at MechaG' s massive arsenal, he's bound to have something that could dry up Hedorah' s juicy body. X_X
Agreed that MG could fry Hedorah but at the same time we don't know how corrosive Hedorah would be against MG. I can picture Hedorah landing on MG, covering him in slime and making him completely immobile while melting him.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

MG2 might fare better. The shock anchors might dry Hedorah out, but, again, we have no idea how much damage that acid would do to MG2.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Hedorah was instantly corroding everything he flew over, including metal. There's no telling what that would do Mechagodzilla and it's circuitry. ESPECIALLY Kiryu, who had a ton of exposed wires and tubing.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Legion1979 wrote:Hedorah was instantly corroding everything he flew over, including metal. There's no telling what that would do Mechagodzilla and it's circuitry. ESPECIALLY Kiryu, who had a ton of exposed wires and tubing.
Definitely for MG2 and Kiryu. But Mechagodzilla 1 is made out of Space Titanium. It's a fictional element sure but we don't know how durable it is and it's made out to be incredibly strong.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Space titanium seemed to take repeated physical blows without any visible damage, so it looks durable.

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

Post by The Godzilla Camp »

Godzillian wrote:
What if Hedorah was hit by Gamera's Mana beam? Or Kiryu's Absolute Zero? Or both at the same time?
Those are the two of the strongest if not the strongest things in any kaiju film so he would be destroyed probably like any kaiju hit by either.
Reading these posts and not that I'm being a Trollinator BUT BUT indeed - although then again IF Hedorah - as long as a small piece by chance wasn't struck and still intact and with time ... it can reform and return ... but it would take him down BUT don't forget too the:

1.) Ozaki-Charged Beams.
2.) THE UBER-SPIRAL RAY BEAM! That would definitely 'vaporize' Hedorah before he could think 'SPEW ME!'
3.) The MEGA-BUSTER - well depending on what was Absorbed - it SURELY could 'FORCE' Hedorah quite abit though ...

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Holy fuck man stop saying "Not that I'm being a trollinator or anything BUT (BUT)"

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

edgaguirus wrote:Space titanium seemed to take repeated physical blows without any visible damage, so it looks durable.
Plus titanium can't rust. Also, add the fact that it's SPACE TITANIUM! Who knows what magical properties it holds. :D
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

ScootaVaran wrote:
edgaguirus wrote:Space titanium seemed to take repeated physical blows without any visible damage, so it looks durable.
Plus titanium can't rust. Also, add the fact that it's SPACE TITANIUM! Who knows what magical properties it holds. :D
:g2k: Well said! That's one thing many argue on the 'weakness' of Showa Mecha-G - well Mecha-G 1974 - BUT if you noted where:

1.) Anguirus 1974 attacked the Fake Big-G 1974 - he was able to inflict some damage - well where sparks flew about when he attacked the Rubber Suit and revealing how Fake Big-G 1974 was more of a 'Termi-zilla' T-800 version of Big-G 1974 ... and later when the protagonists discover fragments of Space Titanium ...
2.) Given how Titanium is meant to be a strong and tough metal (if not EXPENSIVE O.O :g2k: wonder how much the Simians had to invest in the Mecha-G 1974 and 1975 models haha) able to withstand quite a bit of stress and heat ... no wonder Mecha-G 1974 was able to fly with those Mach-5 enabled Rocket Boosters ...
3.) In his first encounter with Big-G 1974 where he suffered damage to the suit BUT when he 'melts out' he reveals himself to be a Mecha-G without any signs of damage ...
4.) Then where Big-G 1974 and Mecha-G 1974 do the beam lock exchange - whereas the explosion caused Big-G 1974 to bleed out in the ocean sea whilst Mecha-G 1974 suffered damage to his head unit YET other than that none other better than a repair job by the Professor held hostage ...
5.) The fight w' King Caesar - some argue that Mecha-G 1974's a bit of a 'glass cannon' BUT the fact how he was able to endure 2x reflected beams without too much of a hassle, a melee grapple with King Caesar AND even 1x Atomic Ray Beam from Big-G 1974 AND it took a bloodied Big-G 1974's EMP, King Caesar's 6x head-butts AND Mecha-G 1974's controls being scrambled and screwed around with - all the whilst he was STILL struggling to get away and how Big-G 1974 at times was briefly lifted off the ground due to weight issues ... before being 'necked' somewhat by Big-G 1974 ... SURELY indeed that's gotta count for quite some durability for a Mecha-G - compared to Mecha-G 1975 whom hardly had any melee and was frontally decapitated by Big-G 1974 or Mecha-G 1993 who may have had NT-20 Artificial Diamond Armor which was good against Energy attacks BUT melee-wise where Big-G 1993 was able to inflict 'Level 8 damage' that required Garuda to intervene for a few moments ... and as with Kiryu Mecha-G 2002/2003 - well he was pretty balanced and good in melee BUT then again it didn't seem like he could endure alot of beam-based attacks ... and his 2 hour power-cell fuel limit ...

But question is IF Hedorah 1971 was against Mecha-G 1974 - what IF Hedorah's Crimson Beams or Acid mud struck Mecha-G 1974's eyes? Could that potentially 'blind' him in a sense where it could damage or jam up the circuits? I mean its not like its got windscreen wipers eh? Also question is if the Space-Optic Laser Beams could also do quite some damage - but seeing as it made Big-G 1974 bleed BUT only after repeated concentrated blows - did anyone notice that? Could the same work on Hedorah 1971? Although Hedorah 1971 probably could just retreat at times or as long as a small piece of him remained and un-noticed by Mecha-G 1974 ...

As with Mecha-G 1993 - the Megabuster is one formidable beam BUT the Plasma Grenade - HOHO if it manages to strike Hedorah - but then again the Plasma Grenade requires the energy beams of another opponent to 'fuel it'... dunno if Crimson Eye Beams or Acidic mud are part of its menu ... then again IF Garuda is around PLUS the Laser Eye Beams of Mecha-G 1993 and the G-Crushers could work - that is provided the G-Crushers are durable enough to withstand the corrosive body acid...
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Yes, I think Hedorah is the most powerful Showa monster.

For starters he's not a single entity. Sure godzilla killed him at the end but he can just reform and a new one will take his place as hinted at the end of the movie. There can also be multiple hedorah's at once. This means that they could tag team another kaiju.

Then there's his size. Theoretically Hedorah could just keep growing and growing until he's bigger than anything. No other monster would be capable of such a thing (maybe Destroyah).

Next he's able to fly and has a beam weapon which is good for air combat. He leaves a trail of smog so that's an added combat advantage.

Finally any raw power kaiju is completely useless against Hedorah because he is corrosive. Godzillas hand got melted off just by punching through his body (which didn't seem to bother Hedorah in the slightest. Now imagine rodan, Kumonga or Ebirah going against him, they wouldn't stand a chance because they lack any sort of special beam. They're reliant on melee and it's impossible to kill hedorah that way.

The only monster that might stand a chance is Mechagodzilla. Mechagodzilla has a ton of beam weapons. However it's easy to imagine Hedorahs acid could melt through Mechagodzilla.

Now keep in mind that the series are different. The HEDORAH in final wars was incredibly weak as it was just a cameo. If Hedorah reappeared in the heisei series he'd probably have gotten a buff just like mothra and rodan and their beam weapons. For that reason it's not just to compare Showa hedorah to heisei gamera or kiryu.
LSD Jellyfish - well there is still DESTOROYAH next to Mecha-G whom could probably slug it out with Hedorah 1971 ... AND you may find me crazy saying this ... BUT what about ... KUMONGA/SPIGA 1967? Consider - given KUMONGA/SPIGA likes to launch ambushes at times PLUS the web spray which could "BIND" Hedorah 1971 AND IF he can launch a poisonous barb at Hedorah ... particularly the eyes - what you reckon? Could it work OR odds are Hedorah being a corrosive toxic being won't be that affected?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I admire your creativity in giving Kumonga a chance. But honestly I don't think it'd work out. I'm not familiar with how Arachnids get oxygen but if it's like insects that can breathe through their exoskeleton than all Hedorah has to do is fly over out of range of the web and spray it's sulfuric mist. Kumonga would be decimated pretty quickly. In regards to the stinger idea I doubt any sort of poison would effect Hedorah. Next Kumonga would have to get really close to use his stinger and I can't help but just imagine Hedorah swarming Kumonga in the same fashion. It's still worth mentioning that Hedorah is a sea monster and would destroy the giant spider underwater.

Destroyah on the other hand could stand a chance. It really depends how it's oxygen destroyer beam works and how he works in general. If the beam pulls atoms apart (like removing Oxygen from H2O) then yes he could do it. Destroyah could seperate oxygen from CO2 which Hedorah consumes and starve the creature. Separating Hydrogen from H2O would only leave hydrogen atoms. Thus Destroyah could also easily dry Hedorah out by seperating the oxygen from it's body.

However if the oxygen destroyer merely eats the oxygen and bursts out through the skin then no because Hedorah isn't a monster of physical consistency.

It would also be amusing to see the micro versions of Destroyah and Hedorah fight one another on a cellular level.

I wish they would make a Destroyah vs Hedorah film though it would happen. I always felt destroyah was a sort of spiritual successor to Hedorah given that they're both made of many smaller individuals, are incredibly destructive and have many different forms.

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I admire your creativity in giving Kumonga a chance. But honestly I don't think it'd work out. I'm not familiar with how Arachnids get oxygen but if it's like insects that can breathe through their exoskeleton than all Hedorah has to do is fly over out of range of the web and spray it's sulfuric mist. Kumonga would be decimated pretty quickly. In regards to the stinger idea I doubt any sort of poison would effect Hedorah. Next Kumonga would have to get really close to use his stinger and I can't help but just imagine Hedorah swarming Kumonga in the same fashion. It's still worth mentioning that Hedorah is a sea monster and would destroy the giant spider underwater.

Destroyah on the other hand could stand a chance. It really depends how it's oxygen destroyer beam works and how he works in general. If the beam pulls atoms apart (like removing Oxygen from H2O) then yes he could do it. Destroyah could seperate oxygen from CO2 which Hedorah consumes and starve the creature. Separating Hydrogen from H2O would only leave hydrogen atoms. Thus Destroyah could also easily dry Hedorah out by seperating the oxygen from it's body.

However if the oxygen destroyer merely eats the oxygen and bursts out through the skin then no because Hedorah isn't a monster of physical consistency.

It would also be amusing to see the micro versions of Destroyah and Hedorah fight one another on a cellular level.

I wish they would make a Destroyah vs Hedorah film though it would happen. I always felt destroyah was a sort of spiritual successor to Hedorah given that they're both made of many smaller individuals, are incredibly destructive and have many different forms.
Hello again!

AH! Yes with Kumonga/Spiga 1967 - well the thing is - Hedorah 1971 - his vulnerable parts seem to be his eyes - when Big-G 1971 punched it - it was bleeding out disgusting acidic black colored blood which melted and eroded his hand down to the bone ... SO with Kumonga - couldn't the webbing still potentially bind or even 'blind' Hedorah 1971? I mean Hedorah 1971 in Final Form isn't really the fastest Kaiju there around AND the fact he's pretty massive himself in size and strength at 60 meters at a mass of 48K tonnes that's even heavier than most of Big-G Showa Kaijus whom clock on average 20-30K tonnes in mass ...whilst Kumonga is 45 meters tall but only about 8000 tonnes - PLUS he surely is more nimble potentially - I mean I'm sure you've caught a few spiders before or noted how they could 'jump'? Although - Hedorah 1971 was an extraordinary jumper too ... AND the fact IF Kumonga tactically springs ambushes or tries to attack from angles and can 'bind' and trap Hedorah 1971 - I mean his webbing is not to be underestimated eh? PLUS how he actually DOES have a stinger that can fire out darts - I mean SURE he would need to get close to apply the stinger BUT notice when Big-G 1967 flips Kumonga/Spiga 1967 over - he looks at Kumonga/Spiga 1967's mandibles and prehensile pedipalps where he fired a dart and blinded Big-G 1967 - who's to say he can't do the same to Hedorah 1971's eyes atleast - although the Crimson Eye Beams are not very lovely or the friendliest of beams ... and given how Hedorah's only really weak to a high dosage of Electrical Damage ....

On a sidenote - have you noticed that one of Big-G's weaknesses is ... BIOLOGICAL AGENTS?! I mean notice:

1.) Oxygen Destroyer in 1964...
2.) Kumonga/Spiga 1967's deadly poison sting and darts ... which I had mentioned earlier ... and I suppose the webbing which was deceptively tougher than it appears to be ...
3.) The Anti-Big-G Nuclear Bacteria and Biollante - he did get tired out by it ...
4.) As you know Hedorah 1971 - enough said and the fact how Hedorah 1971 seemed to be trolling Big-G 1971 when he spewed out the Acidic mud and the Crimson eye beams at times or even dumping Big-G 1971 into that lake of disgusting sludge ...
5.) His own Meltdown ... enough said ...
6.) CADMIUM! It seems Cadmium Missiles can work to slow his Nuclear Heart Reactions down a bit ...
7.) THE MUTO's - well the fact how they were ancient Parasitic Organisms ...
8.) Dunno if this really counts BUT the Meganulon in 2000? OR Big-G 1964 being binded by the twin Mosura larvae 1964 ...

That is - putting aside the fact how Big-G in incarnations has only been weakened by powerful weapons like Mecha-G's weapons from Showa-Heisei ...

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Hedorah is incredibly powerful, up there with Showa King Ghidorah for some of the toughest foes Godzilla has faced.
Godzilla had an incredibly difficult time beating her, and was only able to do so by frying her with electricity. She is definitely not to be underestimated.

Showa MechaGodzilla might be able to withstand her acid should space titanium be that durable, and may have some weapons that would be effective on her. At the very least, shooting her eyes could prove effective in crippling her.

Kiryu's Absolute Zero cannon could at least offer a freeze and would likely break her up somewhat, but something else would probably need to be done to finish her off.

Kong and Gabara's electricity seems promising, but I'm not sure if they'd be able to produce enough of it to completely fry her before she could retaliate.

Destroyah could triumph depending on how his oxygen destruction works.

Gamera's mana beam definitely beats Hedorah.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

nah, i don't think it's all that powerful.

it's durable, but not particularly strong.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Tell that to a Godzilla that could only beat Hedorah with human aid.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

edgaguirus wrote:Tell that to a Godzilla that could only beat Hedorah with human aid.
i would tell Godzilla that Hedorah is durable, but he knows. he could only beat him with human aid.

as for power...that's another matter entirely.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.