Kaiju you would've added/taken out of Destroy All Monsters

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Kaiju you would've added/taken out of Destroy All Monste

Post by Captain Aktion »

Frankenstein.
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Adult Mothra (while also keeping the Mothra Larva), Ebirah, Maguma, Gaira, Sanda, Kamacuras, and the Devilfish. Maybe even throw in a giant Matango for the hell of it. Beef up Baragon, Varan, and Manda's roles, too. Make the final fight against King Ghidorah absolutely nuts.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Having Ebirah and Gaira attacking ships would have added some variety to the invasion. All you see is monsters attacking on the ground. Ocean going targets would make it more interesting.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

edgaguirus wrote:Having Ebirah and Gaira attacking ships would have added some variety to the invasion. All you see is monsters attacking on the ground. Ocean going targets would make it more interesting.
Basically the land, air, and sea attacks would give the feeling that no where is safe.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Maybe have a tense scene where Ebirah and/or Gaira attack a submarine, along the lines of the scene in King Kong vs. Godzilla.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Gigan. you'd never think it, but Ghidorah was so horribly overmatched by the end of that battle that somebody should've come in to lend a hand.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

three wrote:Gigan. you'd never think it, but Ghidorah was so horribly overmatched by the end of that battle that somebody should've come in to lend a hand.
I already suggested Dogora and Showa Moguera as a part of the space roster who team up with Ghidorah in the final battle. Besides, I think this thread includes all monsters who appeared before this film in terms of the year released, not timeline, though I could be wrong since DaM takes place in 1999

On a side note, hory shet, three is back!
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

OH YEA. i forgot this happened before Gigan. oops.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Am I the only one who gets annoyed by these add/take out threads?
WHAT IF WE REPLACED KING GHIDORAH WITH KEIZER GHIDORAH
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Am I the only one who gets annoyed by these add/take out threads?
And yet you took the time to come into thw thread.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

miguelnuva wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Am I the only one who gets annoyed by these add/take out threads?
Next time you ever say something remotely negative I'll quote you.
Saying you don't like something or are annoyed by it isn't a waste of time, it's stating your opinion and thoughts.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Next time you ever say something remotely negative I'll quote you.
Saying you don't like something or are annoyed by it isn't a waste of time, it's stating your opinion and thoughts.
I give you premission to do so but I'm not going into a topic I don't care for to tell people I don't care for it.

There's a difference between sharing your opinion about sometime you don't like and coming into an entire topic you don't like.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Terrier
JXSDF Technician

Post by Terrier »

I wish Fire Dragon/Burning Monster would have been an actual new kaiju.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Terrier wrote:I wish Fire Dragon/Burning Monster would have been an actual new kaiju.
Okay that's something I actually agree with. It's kind of underwhelming and weird how it arrives after the big climax and is said to be a monster, only to be a UFO.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

well, if i couldn't add any villain as they had not been created, i'd check off say...Gorosaurus and maybe Angirus and have them be evil in addition to Ghidorah. anything to make that ending stomp feel less underwhelming.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

three wrote:well, if i couldn't add any villain as they had not been created, i'd check off say...Gorosaurus and maybe Angirus and have them be evil in addition to Ghidorah. anything to make that ending stomp feel less underwhelming.
Just have Ghidorah act more like Ghidorah. I feel had Toho had a larger budget Ghidorah would have took on all 10 monsters before being over whelmed.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

miguelnuva wrote:
three wrote:well, if i couldn't add any villain as they had not been created, i'd check off say...Gorosaurus and maybe Angirus and have them be evil in addition to Ghidorah. anything to make that ending stomp feel less underwhelming.
Just have Ghidorah act more like Ghidorah. I feel had Toho had a larger budget Ghidorah would have took on all 10 monsters before being over whelmed.
I agree.

Honestly, I think it would've been nice if Ghidorah outright killed a few of the other monsters with the remaining ones just barely being able to defeat him. Ghidorah should never be some random monster that gets killed off easily.

Mosugoji
Samurai

Post by Mosugoji »

Take out Minilla and add the Gargantuas.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

having Ghidorah act like Ghidorah is what they did. in its last two appearances, it got beaten by three and two monsters respectively. seven was overkill. when it had Gigan, later at least, the odds were much better for it. they could have thrown a pair of low grade kaiju its way.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

^ He means GTTHM Ghidorah, when he was super destructive and the monsters really did had to work together. Basically before Monster Zero turned him into a punching bag.
Terrier wrote:I wish Fire Dragon/Burning Monster would have been an actual new kaiju.
Me too. I remember when I was little and watched it for the first time, I was so excited to see a new monster after King Ghidorah dies and...it turns out to just be a flaming alien space ship.

At least when I played Super Godzilla and got excited there was a new monster after I killed Mecha-King Ghidorah, it lived up to the hype instead of being "oh, it's just a ufo."