Kaiju you would've added/taken out of Destroy All Monsters

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Kaiju you would've added/taken out of Destroy All Monsters

Post by Godzillian »

What kaiju would you have liked to see in Destroy All Monsters? Would kaiju would you have dropped to put them in their place. Basically what would you have as your DAM roster and each kaijus role?

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Re: Kaiju you would've added/taken out of Destroy All Monste

Post by he-ba »

I wouldn't drop, I'd give all of the monsters more time, and add Maguma. Other than that, it's quite the solid cast.
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It would've been cool to see Maguma show up in a Godzilla movie, ideally with an improved suit. He doesn't really demand a large role, but a brief scene of him attacking some coastal city would've been nice. Maybe he could've made an effort to attack Ghidorah, only to be blasted aside before accomplishing anything. Same with Ebirah, I guess.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I probably would drop Varan and Baragon since they get what? a few seconds of screen time? Replace both with either Maguma or maybe even adult Mothra. I'd have Maguma and Anguirus defend the Kilak base from the JSDF.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

I think the Giant Condor was sorely missing from the movie.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

Godzillabriano
Yojimbo

Post by Godzillabriano »

I would have put Kong in the mix. But then again he'd probably would want anything to do with Godzilla or Monster Island.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ None of the kaiju (presumably) wanted anything to do with Monster Island. They were imprisoned there. And plenty of other monsters were able to forgive Godzilla (for killing them, in some cases), so I'm sure a smart guy like Kong would've been able to put aside a personal grudge for the fate of the world.

Anyway, it would've been cool to see Kong in DAM. It's a bizarre idea, though, imagining him in another Godzilla movie.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

I want to say more enemies to fight along side Ghidorah, but unfortunately most of Godzilla's big time enemies came after this movie.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Kong would've been high on my list. Just to see him and Godzilla team up against King Ghidorah would've been a memorable sight. If not King Kong, to replace the hair loss from the other Monster King, the Gargantuas , Sanda and Gaira.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I would have had more of the monsters fight, you know they wanted King Ghidorah to be destroyed by more than 4 monsters but had to hold back due to budget and conditions of older suits and props.

I also would have added King Kong. Imagine seeing Godzilla and King Kong working together with the rest of Monster Island to fight King Ghidorah. Once enemies, now allies against a common enemy.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Seeing as Varan has a few seconds of screen time, I would've cut him. If I remember, there wasn't even a Varan suit to use. It was a model.Other than that, I'm happy with the cast we got.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

I would've loved to see Dogora and Moguera as a part of the Killak space monsters that attack somewhere in the world. Maybe Seattle or Cape Canaveral? Get it? Because they're associated with Space. Mu-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha... It's funny. Then have those two fight against the Earth monsters alongside King Ghidorah in the final battle.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Really, the only two I would have added are Gaira and Maguma. Maybe change some scenes around. Have Gaira/Varan chase the soldiers on foot through the Mt.Fuji forest. Anguirus and Maguma being the guard dogs of Fuji. Shown Gorosaurus and Baragon attacking Paris together.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

If I were doing a big movie like this I wouldn't try to outdo DAM or GFW or anything, I'd go with a simple monster cast like Godzilla, Mothra, Ghidorah, Rodan, Anguirus, Manda, etc.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

I wouldn't really change the roster so much as change around some roles.

Godzilla and Rodan already got to show off prior to the failed offensive at Izu, so I'd switch 'em out with Baragon and Varan. I'd also somewhat extend that sequence to get them more screen time (of course, this would require an actual suit for Varan).

I'd also have Varan chasing the foot soldiers the next day.

And as for the Fire Dragon sequence, I'd axe the fuck out of it for contributing a whole lotta nothin'.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I would have added Varan to the attack on Tokyo
Added Kong and Frankenstein to the roster to fight King Ghidorah in the end.
Added Maguma and Ebirah to the film. Ebirah in a small role similar to Varan and Baragon and Maguma would defend the Kiliak base alonside Godzilla, Rodan and Angurius.

Kong and Frankenstein fighting Ghidorah would have been the big one I fought for however.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

Post by The Godzilla Camp »

:g2k: Hmm - assuming just Showa Kaiju that is? So also 1970s Showa BUT you can also include other Toho Kaiju whom did not directly fight Big-G Showa at times?

Let's see ... these candidates would do fairly nicely for the Earth Defense Monster Kaiju:

1.) EBIRAH! Well perhaps imagine if EBIRAH was wrecking Tokyo Bay or something in that attack down in downtown Tokyo :)
2.) GOMORA! He'd probably be able to outmuscle Big-G Showa by a bit ...
3.) The Oodako?
4.) GAMERA! But he'd probably be in a serious rivalry then again with Big-G ...
5.) DAIGORO! And his mother :)
6.) JET JAGUAR! Perhaps acting as a 'liason' peacekeeper between the Earth Defense Monster Kaiju and Big-G if rivalries or trouble broke out ... afterall he was friendly with Big-G 1973 at the very least!
7.) An Adult Mosura could have done well or such against King Ghidorah Showa though ...

In the final battle at Mt Fuji with King Ghidorah Showa:

1.) Wouldn't it have been nice to have ... KAMAKURAS?! He may seem weak BUT imagine IF he had perhaps 'dive bombed' or attacked King Ghidorah Showa - that would have been pretty cool - compared to well Rodan 1968 who just stood there flapping his wings and gusts before retreating pretty quickly ...

2.) They could have had Manda 'coil' or tangle with King Ghidorah Showa - given atleast he did some wrecking in the downtown Tokyo ...

3.) King Kong - enough said ... he'd probably be a VERY GOOD match against King Ghidorah Showa alone eh? Given surely he'd have enough durability and willpower to withstand them Gravity Beams AND the fact he stands over King Ghidorah's corpse beating his chest and probably waving about his severed heads or something ...

4.) Titanosaurus 1975 would have done nicely ... provided he wasn't mind-controlled by the bad-guys ...

5.) I suppose THE ULTRA BROTHERS AND ULTRAMAN COULD ALSO HELP IN!

6.) ZONE FIGHTER AND HIS FAMILY!

7.) GOMORA AGAIN!

8.) I must be crazy BUT Red King?

9.) The candidates I listed in the previous Earth Defence Monster Kaiju list ...

NOW as with the Alien Kaiju to help King Ghidorah Showa - well next to Gigan and perhaps Megalon these candidates could also do nicely:

1.) MECHA-G 1974 (atleast he's got better melee than Mecha-G 1975 - on the other hand Mecha-G 1975 can function without a head...) and Mecha-G 1975 as an alternative if one cannot decide.
2.) Z-Z-ZETTON!
3.) DOGORA 1964
4.) THE MYSTERIANS AND MOGUERA 1957 ...
5.) HEDORAH 1971! Well - they'd probably need some electrical powers to even it out though ...
6.) GYAOS!

Perhaps even have an 'evil Alien Council Alliance' - where the heads of the Mysterians, Xiliens, Kilaaks, Nebula M Spacehunters, Septopia to name a few form a coalition ...

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

I definitely would NOT add anyone, the movie did a pretty decent job balancing the monsters it had. They picked a few they knew they wanted to focus on more and gave the rest some nice cameos. Of them, I'd probably cut Varan - he was so quick a cameo that removing the shot of him wouldn't change the movie at all.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Pkmatrix wrote:I definitely would NOT add anyone, the movie did a pretty decent job balancing the monsters it had. They picked a few they knew they wanted to focus on more and gave the rest some nice cameos. Of them, I'd probably cut Varan - he was so quick a cameo that removing the shot of him wouldn't change the movie at all.
You know it could work if done right.

Ebirah, attacking ships at sea, killed, body floating in the ocean, before the final battle
Kamacuras, probably attacking like, Egypt or something, body is seen blasted by the military. Or have the both of them be seen in quick cut away shots or giant group shots in Mt Fuji or on the character parade on Monster Island.

Maguma and Gaira would be the main ones I'd love to see in the film.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

LamangoKaijura wrote:You know it could work if done right.

Ebirah, attacking ships at sea, killed, body floating in the ocean, before the final battle
Kamacuras, probably attacking like, Egypt or something, body is seen blasted by the military. Or have the both of them be seen in quick cut away shots or giant group shots in Mt Fuji or on the character parade on Monster Island.

Maguma and Gaira would be the main ones I'd love to see in the film.
Stuff like that would work, sure. Throwing into the group shots would be no problem at all (I'm surprised they DIDN'T do that). I think DAM is pretty much at the upper limit of how many monsters you can have in one movie and make it make sense, though.