Moods on Showa Films?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Moods on Showa Films?

Post by he-ba »

I don't really like the title, I just kinda through something in there cause I had to. Anyways....

Does anybody watch certain movies only when the mood strikes?

For instance, I only watch Sea Monster on Christmas morning..... I honestly have no clue why but I always associated that movie with Christmas.

I put this in the Showa because I feel these movies have the most "mood" I guess you could call it.
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Re: Moods on Showa Films?

Post by kamilleblu »

he-ba wrote:For instance, I only watch Sea Monster on Christmas morning..... I honestly have no clue why but I always associated that movie with Christmas.
Are there any Godzilla films that take place during the Christmas season? I don't remember any.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

no. like i've said before, you can start almost any Showa film at any point and i'd sit down and catch it all.

i'm more mood oriented when it comes to the Heisei films.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

kamilleblu wrote:
he-ba wrote:For instance, I only watch Sea Monster on Christmas morning..... I honestly have no clue why but I always associated that movie with Christmas.
Are there any Godzilla films that take place during the Christmas season? I don't remember any.
KKvsG and KK Escapes used to be Thanksgiving specials in my day :mrgreen:

After seeing them a million times, my moods are really just putting on what I feel like. "Today I feel like some King Caesar and MechaG." Or "Man, that dude that cut me off on the freeway made me so mad today. Let's watch some Gvs Mothra." Or family reunion "Uncle Mike! How the hell you been? Its been years! Let's watch some Gojira huh!"