Marvel Godzilla's height question

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Re: Marvel Godzilla's height question

Post by ILL GREEN »

The One and Only wrote:
ILL GREEN wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote: It's hinted at, but they don't mention any of his past fights with like, Ghidorah or MechaGodzilla.
In this comic series, Godzilla was awoken by the hydrogen bomb as he laid dormant within an ice berg. So I think it continues after Godzilla Raids Again.
Actually, in the Marvel Comic, Godzilla was first awoken in the mag by a hydrogen bomb test in 1956. He rampaged off on and on through Japan, but through unknown means, ended up getting locked up in the block of ice. Then due to a rather mild winter, it broke off ,and drifted to Alaska where Godzilla busted loose, and started his Marvel tour.
Yeah I forgot the H bomb story was a flashback.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

...Dear christ. That's a fishing boat. Like the same one they use on Deadliest Catch. Like, that's bigger than the 300 m bullshit marvel said. That's five hundred. Dear christ.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

LamangoKaijura wrote:...Dear christ. That's a fishing boat. Like the same one they use on Deadliest Catch. Like, that's bigger than the 300 m bullshit marvel said. That's five hundred. Dear christ.
Wait, 500m long fishing boats existed in the 1950's?

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Gerdzerl wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:...Dear christ. That's a fishing boat. Like the same one they use on Deadliest Catch. Like, that's bigger than the 300 m bullshit marvel said. That's five hundred. Dear christ.
Unless it's a cargo ship, or a cruise ship, what other boat has that shape?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Gerdzerl wrote:
Unless it's a cargo ship, or a cruise ship, what other boat has that shape?
I'm aware of it's shape, I just didn't know they got THAT big. And that fishing boats of that size existed in the 1950's.

I mean, 500 meters? That's bigger than a fucking aircraft carrier.

If that boat's 500 meters long, that makes Godzilla in that shot well over a kilometer tall.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

I was saying Godzilla in that panel was 500 meters

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

LamangoKaijura wrote:I was saying Godzilla in that panel was 500 meters
Ah, sorry. My mistake.

Skeleturtle
Monsterland Worker

Post by Skeleturtle »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Also, Marvel Godzilla was so badass he off-panel gave Galactus a beat down.
I am sorry to bump this old-as-hell thread, but where/when did that happen? I have read all the issues of the Marvel series and all of the interviews, but didn't find any mention of that moment.
LamangoKaijura wrote:
Zilla103192 wrote:I like the overall design, but a few things bother me.

Like, why does he walk with his hands facing palm up? That looks so awkward.
"Where the hell did I park? I could have sworn it was by Shibuya."

The plot twist is Godzilla's just looking for his damn car. His hands are facing palm up as if telling the world 'What the skreeonk'

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Skeleturtle wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Also, Marvel Godzilla was so badass he off-panel gave Galactus a beat down.
I am sorry to bump this old-as-hell thread, but where/when did that happen? I have read all the issues of the Marvel series and all of the interviews, but didn't find any mention of that moment.
Hercules mentions it in a different comic. 'Galactus was sent packing by that fire breathing lizard'. Fing Fang Foom never went up against Galactus until Super Hero Squad, and usually stays out of his way, so the only other fire breathing lizard that size is Godzilla.

Skeleturtle
Monsterland Worker

Post by Skeleturtle »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Skeleturtle wrote:
Hercules mentions it in a different comic. 'Galactus was sent packing by that fire breathing lizard'. Fing Fang Foom never went up against Galactus until Super Hero Squad, and usually stays out of his way, so the only other fire breathing lizard that size is Godzilla.
Do you know in which specific comic did that happen? Or maybe you have some scans?
LamangoKaijura wrote:
Zilla103192 wrote:I like the overall design, but a few things bother me.

Like, why does he walk with his hands facing palm up? That looks so awkward.
"Where the hell did I park? I could have sworn it was by Shibuya."

The plot twist is Godzilla's just looking for his damn car. His hands are facing palm up as if telling the world 'What the skreeonk'

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

Zilla's bigger than I thought; I mean, FW and ROE Zilla are like, 90 meters sure, but the 'Shodai' Zilla incarnations THAT BIG? He's only a little smaller than friggin Heisei and Legendary. I know his size fluctuated from scene to scene, but general consesus put him at 60 meters tall, 78 meters long (granted, this is information coming from Wikizilla, which I've heard can be unreliable at times.) But if this chart is pretty accurate (which it more or less seems to be) then what the screeonk were fans complaining about when they said ol' Tuna Head was too small? His old estimates made him bigger than most of the Showa and Millenium Godzillas, but this shows his size rivalling HEISEI. What the hell kind of fish is this guy eating?