Are The H-Man and Battle in Outer Space any good?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
mschenk
Samurai

Are The H-Man and Battle in Outer Space any good?

Post by mschenk »

I bought the Toho Collection dvd about a month or so ago mainly because I wanted the original Mothra and there was no other place to get it. It comes with these two other movies which I haven't watched yet. Any good?

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Re: Are The H-Man and Battle in Outer Space any good?

Post by 20th Century Boy »

H-Man is great. One of my favorite Toho sci-fi movies. Battle in Outer Space isn't as good and is only worth it for the special effects scenes.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

mschenk wrote:I bought the Toho Collection dvd about a month or so ago mainly because I wanted the original Mothra and there was no other place to get it. It comes with these two other movies which I haven't watched yet. Any good?
You could always just watch them and find out yourself. Besides, our opinion of them might be completely different from your own.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

ScootaVaran wrote:You could always just watch them and find out yourself.
This sentence contains unrivaled quantities of heretic gibberish.

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

H Man has Kumi Mizuno in a bath scene so......
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

MDK wrote:H Man has Kumi Mizuno in a bath scene so......
That was Gorath.

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Space Hunter M wrote:
MDK wrote:H Man has Kumi Mizuno in a bath scene so......
That was Gorath.
Oh..... my knowledge on non Godzilla TOHO sci fi films isn't the best....

Watch Gorath then.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

H-Man is okay, as I've stated several times though, it does lack in its monster aspect of it so much that it should've just been a murder mystery film, as it has greater potential there. Battle in Outer Space isn't worth mentioning in the least bit, save for the combat scenes (otherwise skip to the last 10 minutes or so)though I was the one who wrote the descriptions for the weapons in this film on the Main Site with the help of Anthony R...

BTW, this belongs in the Showa films board, doesn't it?
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

I haven't watched H-Man in a while but I do remember it in a positive light. Battle in Outer Space is a movie I only watch with its (excellent) commentary, as the movie itself is a bore but I find the making of these classic effects films very interesting.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

H -Man is a good film. It mixes film noir with sci-fi, but it goes together well. Battle in Outer Space is allright, but it isn't Toho's best.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.