The Godzilla vs Hedorah 2 myth

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

The Godzilla vs Hedorah 2 myth

Post by Godzillian »

So apparently Godzilla vs Headorah 2 wasn't a real idea for a film. In a recent interview with Sci-Fi Japan the direct of Godzilla vs Hedorah discussed the project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1dL7lA7bss

He said "I remember I wrote and provided some scripts for the next Godzilla film, but they weren't Hedorah 2.Though they were rejected because they'd cost too much."
He also states that Tanaka never said he wasn't allowed to direct another Godzilla film but did tell him "He (Tanaka) told me that he didn't like how I changed Godzilla's character, so I guess he wasn't found of the film."
Last edited by Godzillian on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

21st Century Boy
Yojimbo
Location: I can either tell you where I am or how fast I'm going, but not both.

Re: The Godzilla vs Hedorah 2 myth

Post by 21st Century Boy »

One Hedorah 2 rumor possibly debunked... and another one just created! o_O
TK's Resident Dupe Account

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I thought Banno planned the film until Tanaka saw his work with Hedorah 1.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

What an awesome video! I hope Hedorah 2 sees the light of day.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

GojiraFan333 wrote: I just realised you changed your avatar. Before it was of Freddy from Five Night's At Freddy's.
Bonnie, actually, but the two look quite similar.

Just a heads-up, it's best not to talk about things that don't pertain to the topic of the thread. PMing me would have been a good idea, or typing that in this thread along with something on-topic, like so:

OT (stands for on-topic): I really like Banno's idea for a new Hedorah film and, as someone who is on the "love" side of the Hedorah debate (tends to be a love it or hate it monster), I really want to see Hedorah return.

seamus
Monarch Researcher

Post by seamus »

KaijuFiend wrote:I really like Banno's idea for a new Hedorah film and, as someone who is on the "love" side of the Hedorah debate (tends to be a love it or hate it monster), I really want to see Hedorah return.
Meeeee too. Love Banno, and Hedorah is one of my favorite Showa films. Whatever he wants to do is cool with me.
'And yet another one?'

saba
Young Farmer

Post by saba »

Hi

He said "I remember I wrote and provided some scripts for the next Godzilla film, but they weren't Hedorah 2.Though they were rejected because they'd cost too much."
He also states that Tanaka never said he wasn't allowed to direct another Godzilla film but did tell him "He (Tanaka) told me that he didn't like how I changed Godzilla's character, so I guess he wasn't found of the film."

Regards
roma

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

saba wrote:Hi

Regards
Welcome to TK! I found the things he said to be quite informative. I wonder what Banno had in mind for Godzilla.

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

KaijuFiend wrote:Welcome to TK!
Ugh, beat me to it!

I always thought that it was strange to have a "2" in a huge franchise like this. Ok, at that point it was only 11 movies in, but I would hate to have a sequel labelled "2." Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II is really just Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, the "II" added so fans could tell the difference.
Maybe if it was "The Wrath of Hedorah" or "Hedorah's Counterattack" I would like it much better.
And, as usual, I'm rambling on.
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

saba wrote:Hi

Regards
Why did you just literally copy and paste Godzillian's post without actually quoting him?
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.