Which Do You Prefer: Japanes Originals or US Edits???

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Pkmatrix
Futurian

Re: Which Do You Prefer: Japanes Originals or US Edits???

Post by Pkmatrix »

All right, here's which version I tend to watch for each movie:

Godzilla (1954)/King of the Monsters - I go back and forth. I like both versions! ^_^

Godzilla Raids Again - Japanese version only.

King Kong vs. Godzilla - I only have access to the US version, so that's the only one I've seen. I expect to switch over to Japanese version only if I could ever get my hands on a subbed copy of it, since the US version of this movie is one of my least favorite in the series (it often ranks below G'98 for me).

Mothra vs. Godzilla - I like both versions! This very much depends on my mood the day I decide to watch it.

Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster - Japanese version only.

Monster Zero - Primarily US version, but I'll watch the Japanese cut occasionally. Don't feel all that strongly either way.

Ebirah, Horror of the Deep - Japanese version only.

Son of Godzilla - Primarily Japanese version, but I'll watch the US cut occasionally. I feel particularly nostalgic about this one's dub.

Destroy All Monsters - I like both versions! Specifically, I like the AIP version not the International dub. I'm probably more likely to watch the AIP dub than the Japanese cut, actually.

Godzilla's Revenge - Japanese version only.

Godzilla vs. Hedorah - Primarily Japanese version, but I'll watch the US cut occasionally. I prefer the AIP version to the International dub found on the DVDs, though. In general, though, don't feel all that strongly any way.

Godzilla vs. Gigan - Japanese version only.

Godzilla vs. Megalon - Japanese version only.

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla - I like both! Like MvG, which I'll watch depends on my mood that day.

Terror of Mechagodzilla - Japanese version only.

Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985 - Primarily the US version, though I've only seen the Japanese version once.

Godzilla vs. Biollante - US version only.

Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah - Japanese version only.

Godzilla vs. Mothra - Japanese version only.

Godzilla vs. Super-Mechagodzilla - Japanese version only.

Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla - Japanese version only.

Godzilla vs. Destroyah - Japanese version only.

Godzilla (1998) - Really only one option, isn't there? US version. If I could find a good fanedit of this, it would probably be that.

Godzilla 2000 - I've only seen the US version, haven't sat to watch the Japanese version yet.

Godzilla vs. Megaguirus - Japanese version only.

GMK - Primarily Japanese version, but I'll occasionally watch the US version too.

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla Kiryu - Primarily Japanese version, but I'll occasionally watch the US version too.

Godzilla: Tokyo SOS - Japanese version only.

Godzilla: Final Wars - A fanedited cut of the Japanese version which removes all of the Minilla scenes.

Godzilla (2014) - Only the one version so far.